Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 responsibility of artist - Minitokyo

responsibility of artist

page 1 of 1 5 total items

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

As an aritst, what is ones responsibility to ones audience?
simple enough question eh? think more about it before responding, if you care to. i have my own theory, but before i share i'd like to read others so those who respond are not responding in response to my response to my own question. cheers.

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

To be honest, I think as an artist you don't have a responsibility to other people. You only have a responsibility to yourself. You are responsible for conveying your ideas effectively, no ideas at all, or even responsible for the quality of your own art- and this is entirely decided by the artist, for the artist.

From an artist's perspective, an artist shouldn't base their art on their audience for more attention or recognition. I'd very much rather do something that is good to me, rather than try to impress others.

From an audience's perspective, what the artist creates is up to the artist... I can't do anything about it, except for admiring the art- or disliking it. It's all subjective... so I don't think artists should have any responsibilities to their audiences.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I agree with kuroimisa, I feel that an artist should be making art for him or herself first, and let come what may. (Exceptions being, of course, if an artist gets commissioned to do a work, in which case their responsibility is to the person(s) who comission the work.) Art should be self expression, not the expression of the masses, unless that is what an artist considers self-expression (I think of Warhol's pop art here, although he certainly did his own take on common, seemingly everyday images.)
Of course I think this way because this is how I operate; I wall for myself first. What my potential audience thinks isn't that big of a concern. Why else would I wall an extremely graphic depiction of war?

MasterDrew

MasterDrew

The random Monkey!!!

Well it's great that u think that an artist should be their own person but in the business world that dosn't apply.
Us artists have to work hard to create that are audience can enjoy and we enjoy making. that's how we survive off are tallent other wise it becomes a thing on the side that we do in are free time. That's good and all but it would be nice to do what I love for a living. So we do have a responsibility to the public in a way.
I'm not sure if this with what we are getting at but that's why i feel and it may just be best for me to stay independent and draw what i like...

cherry12

love,hinata

4 an artist, you must have a good presentation 2 ur drawings. if 1 isn't presented correctly, 1 will be resented correctly.
:nerd:

did i change alittle?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.