Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rozen Maiden....is a shoujo or a shounen? - Minitokyo

Rozen Maiden....is a shoujo or a shounen?

Tagged under Rozen Maiden

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Elda

Elda

501st Joint Fighter Wing

that is my question, this series is a shoujo or a shounen? well, in my opinion personal i hope in GOD that RM be a shoujo

jejeje, let see, the style of animation, characters desings, colors, characters perfil, and of course, the story, i think that is obvious that is a shoujo, dont you?

and, the other evidence that Rozen Maiden is a shoujo story are this: the protagonist like play, drink tea, watch the TV and eat cakes...in a shounen anime never happend that, right?

if someone here know much about of RM, please, answer me my dude

and repeat, i hope in GOD that RM be a shoujo because the shoujo is my favorite gener, jejeje

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I dunno. I watched both series and enjoyed it and I'm a guy. Although I'm probably to old to qualify as a shounen and I don't think young boys who wants to think they're macho's gonna watch it.

But just because they drink tea and play doesn't make it by default shoujo. You ever heard of kawaii or moe? Adult Japanese males dig that, and I must admit, I do too.

So no need to hope so desparately. Its not as if waching the show's gonna make you gay or anything.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Elda

Elda

501st Joint Fighter Wing

Quote by joemighty16So no need to hope so desparately. Its not as if waching the show's gonna make you gay or anything.

no, i say that i wish that be RM be a shoujo because the shoujo is my favorite gener ever

and i dont like the idea that Rozen Maiden be anime a shounen, because for your information, im not very fan of the shounen, is more, this gener sick me examples: Naruto, Bleach, Hu-hu Hakusho and of course Dragon Ball.

sinceritly i be dissapoint if this series is a shounen, i dont like that idea >.<

I was hoping neither.... -_-"

You wouldn't betray me, right?

kunoichi-chan

kunoichi-chan

CG maniac

I think it is a SHoujo :D
the characters desings and the story make it a shojo I think :)
But boys like that sort of anime too!
(But I like Naruto and Bleach that are shonen.....:P )

Signature Image

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by Elda...and i dont like the idea that Rozen Maiden be anime a shounen, because for your information, im not very fan of the shounen, is more, this gener sick me examples: Naruto, Bleach, Hu-hu Hakusho and of course Dragon Ball.

sinceritly i be dissapoint if this series is a shounen, i dont like that idea >.<

But does it matter whether its shounen (meant for boys) or shojo (meant for girls)? If you watched it and enjoyed it, so what? How can you be dead-set against the genre shounen? What does the (artificial) genre categorization have to do with the quality or content of the anime? Personaly I think that you can only generilize as far as "more girls would like this than boys" or vice versa. You can't prescribe something like this.

Sure you don't like Naruto or Bleach or whatever, but do you also dislike something like, for example, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, even FMA, JUST because it's closer to shounen (or seinen) than shoujo?

Whatever its category shouldn't have any effect on whether you liked it or not. I mean, thats just shallow!

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

After watching both Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden: Traumend, I can honestly say, in my opinion, that it's a shoujo anime. There's not a whole lot of action, and the plot focuses on the doll's feelings for each other and their masters.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

Elda

Elda

501st Joint Fighter Wing

Quote by joemighty16Sure you don't like Naruto or Bleach or whatever, but do you also dislike something like, for example, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, even FMA, JUST because it's closer to shounen (or seinen) than shoujo?

mmm well, the UNIQUE animes shounen (or seinen) that i like are Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Tenjou Tenge, Chrno Crusade, Stratos 4, Inu-Yasha, mmm, Hellsing can be considerate a shounen anime? i think that is a gore anime

besides, Chobits and Angelic Layer are considerate shounen animes....and that for me is very extrange

in little words, as can you see the shounen series that i dont like are from the magazine Shounen Jump that in them pages got series such dragon ball, hu hu hakusho, naruto, bleach, one piece, shaman king and yugioh

the unique shounen that i dont like are from that magazine

that is all

Well, i think it's seinen..

It is certainly not Shounen. I'd say it stands somewhere between Shojo and Seinen, both in style and plot. Shounen is mostly recognized by mostly mildly violent male action scenes without much blood or gore. DBZ, FMA and Bleach are notable in that genre. Seinen has some unclear traits as a genre, since it can be just about anything. The violent side of seinen can be symbolized by Tenjho Tenge, Berserk or Gantz, which obviously are unrelated to RM in... well, anything.

I'd classify it as masculine Shojo.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.