Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Without Cellphones, Modern Anime Would Be... - Minitokyo

Without Cellphones, Modern Anime Would Be...

page 1 of 1 13 total items

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Considering how much cellphones didn't exist in the past...how much do you think cellphones are important in Anime/Manga plots that take place on today?

i think they are important, couse from time to time they show us how important they can be for ral life.

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

oh very very important i think ^^...yay for cellphones!

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

They are important in our lives, but I don't think they are as important in anime. For your example scenario in Ranma (which, by the way, I've never seen), if it was created today, they could simply say that he didn't have a cellphone on him. It's not like just because you live in today, you have to have a cellphone.

However, they are useful in anime, mostly for communication (though many anime use other things such as telekenisis and futuristic devices), but also for the odd anonymous, mysterious message.

But in the end, though they can be useful, I think they can easily be replaced in anime, by simply changing the situation.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

I think it depends what kind of anime you're talking about. If it's more realistic onto the real world, then yes, it is necessary, but more like communication. Detective Conan is one of those anime that shows the cell phones a lot, and I have to say that they came in a long way. :)

hkk

aka Hai

Quote by kyokujitsu(...), they could simply say that he didn't have a cellphone on him. It's not like just because you live in today, you have to have a cellphone.

However, they are useful in anime, mostly for communication (though many anime use other things such as telekenisis and futuristic devices), but also for the odd anonymous, mysterious message.

But in the end, though they can be useful, I think they can easily be replaced in anime, by simply changing the situation.

I totally agree with your opinion. Especially in Anime that go into Sci-Fi direction (which many do tho they are actually a different genre) you have some communication devices, either to replace the usual cells, or you have cells with super-powers. It's just an aspect of anime to not keep to much to reality (would be boring if so, wouldn't it?).

~HKK

You do not really have to have a cell phone, I did not even have one until February of this year. I also have not really even noticed much cell phone usage in any of the animes I have watched.

i agree with the above posters that cell phones are not that important.. for there are other ways around it.. and even if characters do have cell phones.. there are always instances when cell phones dont work... currently REC.. hehe

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Not that I know of, except for series like a couple of the shows mentioned. Oh, and you forgot Mai-HiME.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Cell phones are a part of modern life, but I wouldn't say it's a big part of modern anime. In fact, it seems that most of the time, the characters don't seem to have a cell phone on them, hence they have to struggle to do something. Most likely if they did have a cell phone, there's conveniently no reception or the batteries die XD It IS nice when you see the power of cell phones in anime, though XD

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

well most the anime i see dont really show cell phones. i think i saw a cell phine once on bleach, and naruto. i guess depending on what type of anime and what the time period is.

FreiheitFirewolf

FreiheitFirewolf

Mangaka Under Construction

personally........i prefer the old style.......the computer is a excellent tool, but no erase teh satisfaction to hand work a anime.

dare wo tamashii no utte?, kitai wo kasu?.........Sorekara michi no owari, doko ni iku shitteiranai.............................Freiheit!!!

Signature Image

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

well it would be much different.... i think...

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.