where do people go once they die in the soul society?

Tagged under Bleach

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Cancel

many of my friends were wondering,since soul socirty is a place were people go sfter they die then where do they go after they die from the society. Is it even possible for them to die there? well it IS anime so they can make stuff up.

• Apr 16, 2006
Cancel

Since Rukia always says that its about world balance, souls from the real world will go to Soul Society, the ones who die in Soul Society then would go to the real world, incarnate as humans.

• Apr 16, 2006

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Cancel

Quote by RazorPhoenixSince Rukia always says that its about world balance, souls from the real world will go to Soul Society, the ones who die in Soul Society then would go to the real world, incarnate as humans.

I always thought of this possibilty. Ever since they showed ppl dying in soul society, I was very confused as to where they end up since soul society is "where the dead go." haha confusing but I came to the same conclusion. They would probably turn up to be newborns but grow up to be very similar to their soul-society counterpart or sumthing like that . ^_^'

• Apr 17, 2006

Afthartos

Afthartos

The Forbidden One

Cancel

well i personally believe that it happens something like MAburaho if u have seen it...The soul disappears once and for all leaving dusts behind!

Two souls....
Signature
One Destiny...

• Apr 20, 2006

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

Cancel

Oh yeah maburaho. now thats a favourite... anyways... thanks for the info guys. i never thought that the soul will be recarnated in the real world. But they dont get reincarnated right? or they just go down there in their normal form?

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

• Apr 24, 2006
Cancel

I figure it simply fades into oblivion.

These people had their lives, then they had their AFTER lives to do with as they pleased. But once they die there, I imagine that they would simply cease to exist for all time. There's simply no where to go when you're already dead. Once the soul is destroyed, there is no longer any essence of an individual, therefore there is nothing

• Apr 24, 2006

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Cancel

Quote: These people had their lives, then they had their AFTER lives to do with as they pleased. But once they die there, I imagine that they would simply cease to exist for all time. There's simply no where to go when you're already dead. Once the soul is destroyed, there is no longer any essence of an individual, therefore there is nothing

Hmm, that throws out the balance though. I think they get reincarnated. It is an endless cycle. ::shrugs:: But's its also just an anime. ^^;

And I've only seen to episode 45... lmao

Signature Image

• Apr 24, 2006
Cancel

actually, the captain commander of the gotei 13 referenced something he called "true heaven" in some episode (or manga) and implied that Aizen was somehow seeking to become a master there. I bet that's the next destination of deceased in Soul Society.

• Apr 24, 2006
Cancel

I think that they will go back to the human world ... but as for true heaven.... I dun really know ....

• May 19, 2006
Cancel

well when you think about it... a soul can disappear... think about Ichigo's mother... when her soul was eaten by Grand Fisher, she didn't go to soul society... she ceased to exist... on the topic of true heaven...

Spoiler (show)

Aizen said that nobody has ever "stood in heaven" and that he would...

i dont think it has anything to do with that...

• Jun 21, 2006
Cancel

i just think the ones that DO go to soul society will stay there for all eternity its a bit obviose really

• Jul 30, 2006

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

Cancel

it was explained in one of the earlier volumes of the manga that the people who die in Soul Society go back to Earth in a reincarnated form, those who die on Earth go to Soul Society or become hollows.
i think it was the volume where they were talking about the Quincy and explaining why killing Hollows altogether threw off the balance of things, which is essentially why the shinigami intervened and killed off the Quincy.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

• Jul 31, 2006

ShadowWraith

ShadowWraith

Samurai of Deep Shadow

Cancel

I used to ponder this until I finally figured that what's the use. It's manga, it doesn't need to make sense.
But reincarnation makes sense. Then there's the TIME monkey wrench that gets thrown into the works and makes things altogether more complicated (example: if you die now, can you be reincarnated in the past?) Reincarnation makes the most sense though. Otherwise the balance of the universe (at least according to Bleach)would have been entirely screwed over looong ago.

Our time is dark, and our world chaotic but I will not be made a victim of this world.....

• Jul 31, 2006

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

Cancel

maybe their consciousness ceases to exist? like they just vanish. and i always wondered why Soul Society resembles feudal Japan... i wonder what the souls who are not japanese have got to say about that. lol.....

Signature

Cancel

This is a very interesting subject, but when I think about where the souls go after they die in soul society I also think about another question like how Rukia said she is really old and you saw her as a kid with renji in flashbacks meaing that she grew up in soul society which makes me wonder if the time flow in soul soctiry and the real are differnet? As to an answer I think that the soul just vanishing makes sense.

• Sep 18, 2006
Cancel

What I am about to say may be very, very confusing.

I always thought that Shinigami were manifestations of cosmic forces, or the will of the Universe, created as a natural reaction to keep the Universe in balance. When a shinigami dies, that cosmic force/program ends and fades into oblivion. Shinigami may be analogous to the Agents in "The Matrix": programs designed to keep the goings on in the computer world in line. Every decision that a shinigami makes, even treachery, is simply a shinigami doing what it's supposed to do to keep the balance of souls... balanced. Ok, that's my theory on the death of a Shinigami: a fading into oblivion.

As for humans, I agree to the fact that when one dies in soul society, he/she gets reincarnated on Earth in order to maintain the balance of souls. But, what happens when a soul is eaten by a hollow, and what about sinful souls going to Hell (Think: very beginning of the series)? Don't those two things throw the whole balance deal off?

• Sep 19, 2006

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.