Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 surprises and disappointments - Minitokyo

surprises and disappointments

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

kyroooo

kyroooo

Gonzo-fan

Which anime series did you rectuctantly started to watch but just grew on you? Or which anime were you highly anticipating but was disappointed at how bad it became?

FMA took me by a total surprise. I didn't want to watch it cuz I hated the character designs at first, but the first ep just pulled me right in and deeper and deeper until I became obsessed with it. ^^ Gravitation and Juuni Kokuki were also magic for me.

I had many disappointments including .hack//SIGN which was totally boring for me, Aquarian Age too...

I think the big one would be Prince of Tennis. I went in assuming it was going to be lame, but after the first few episodes, I was hooked. Too bad there were a lot of filler episodes later on in the series, and I think the anime's going to be cancelled isn't it?

Others are Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (Mahou Shotengai Abenobashi) and Haibane Renmei.

Ones that have been disappointing are Ikki Tousen, and .hack//Sign I agree with. I had heard it was awesome and was really popular in Japan, but I couldn't stand watching it myself.

Cowboy Bebop the movie. I waited and waited and the when it finally came out I bought it and was so dissapointed in the story. I wanted to like it but it didnt compare to the show.

Digi Surat..I thought it was silly but when I saw it I was addicted and I love the manga.

Do You like my tight sweater? SEE how it fits my body.

tokicho

tokicho

i shall snatch ur candy!

actually i like .hack//sign... i dun know how or y, i just do

what i thought was dissapointing was that Escaflownie movie...
i remember liking the tv series though, so i thought the movie would be good...
but i didn't like it much

jump up and down and scream like a monkey!
midi itty bitty adventure, midi itty midi adventure, ya!

Guts

Guts

Branded

Inuyasha..... ( ok im going to hell now )

I heard, a lot of things about it from both sides. So I chanced it ( to much fan service, to little resistance ) and took a peek at a few eps. Well round ep 15, it stuck to my leg like some kind of ferocious alien baby, and I could'nt beat it off. Now 127 ep's later, i'm still addicted.

kino

kino

tabibito

one piece (the manga)

i've always seen this site that has scanslated OP manga, but after reading the synopsis about pirates, it kinda turns me down. And the one day when i dun hav anything else to dl, i decided, heck i'll give it a try.

And you know what? its one of my fav anime/manga now :D

Signature Image

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

hmmm. Cowboy bepop dissapointed me lots.
The first few episodes is okay I guess.

Animes that grew on me. hmmm. None.
Animes an series that I find good are now an item
of my dvd collection heheh

rax

Planetes as the most recent example. I didn't really want to watch the episodes in the beginning, but after a couple of eps I begin to really enjoy that anime a lot. Its great Sci-Fi stuff.
Also, Crest of the Stars and Gundam SEED got me hooked, I didnt know anything about those shows before I watched them, but now they're 2 of my faves.

Big disappointments, well Onegai Twins and .hack//DUSK. Avenger was a big disappointment too since it was from studio Bee Train and had music from Kajiura Yuki IIRC, but the series was really bad..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I watched the first two DVDs of Cowboy Bebop and was not impressed with it.

The series that suprised me the most was Kiddy Grade. After about the forth or fifith epsoide the underlying story just sucked me in.

novasonic

novasonic

yatta!

Initial D was surprisingly good. From the artwork I though it would be crappy @_@ But oh how wrong I was.

Signature Image

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

There is a ton of hype for Ghost in the Shell, so I bought the movie and was slightly dissapointed the firt time I was it, but now I love it. So strangly in a way that applies to both questions :)

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Neon Genesis Evangelion i have a love/hate relationship....the series started out great but it quickly became this great piece of prentensious junk....Arrrrgh!!!

Berserk on the other hand just...blew me away, it changed me and the way i look at anime. forever!

Bit dissapointed with Naruto anime.
It's going too slow. Too much flashback and stuff.
Can't satisfy everyone's wants, I suppose.

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

Quote by DigitalDesmadreNeon Genesis Evangelion i have a love/hate relationship....the series started out great but it quickly became this great piece of prentensious junk....Arrrrgh!!!

I was the complete opposite. :)
I was bored in the beginning, and then from episode 16 onwards I loved it.
I guess the fact that action orienated animes (and action movies for that matter) bore the crap out of me... unless they have a real intersting story that makes you actually USE you brain.
The last 10 episodes in my opinion are so much better than the 16 before. Because the series starts off so mainstream, average mecha anime, lots of acion and fanservice.... it's later on it becomes something different and ORIGINAL. I enjoy the later part of the series much more.

I was a little disapointed in Angelic Layer when I first read it (I read the manga before the anime) I went into it knowing it was Clamp (my favourite manga-ka) expecting it to be up with the high standards of their other works, and I was incrediably disapointed. Granted the anime is better than the manga, but the over all story is just like a rehashing of all their previous characters and series combined (like Tamayo is a obvious combination of Hokuto and Tomoyo) and thrown into a Pokemon meets Barbie story. It's like a repeat of Card Captor Sakura that has just gone horribly wrong. And the anime is far too dragged out. 5 manga volumes into 26 episodes.
The only thing good about the series is the angel designs, it's relation to Chobits and Iichan. Other than that... it's pretty bad, and in my opinion... Clamp's worst work.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.