Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pai wallpaper - Minitokyo

Pai wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

once again i'm stuck and ask your generous help :\ hope you don't mind

well one good point, i know how to put a texture XD i'm happy about that
but i don't know what to do or add to make it better and less ordinary and unoriginal....

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4884/3x3copy0bm.th.jpg

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

The bg is nice, but it feels a bit off. The chara looks so bright, and the bg so dark. I think you could begin by lightening it up a bit, making the sky more vast. Also, the texture looks a bit dirty, and adds to the darkness.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

I agree with bluSake. The character has this...iono, orange glow to her but the bg is dark. Because the bg is so dark, it makes me think cold setting but the chara is wearing warm weather clothing... Perhaps you could also add some variation in the slope? Or add birds with those brightly coloured ribbons in the bg so that it isn't just land, sky, and girl?

hmmm... ok added a few things, hope it's better!

is it brighter now?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3488/3x3copy27jy.th.jpg

Much better by my eye, though somehow the girl still appears to have a bit of the glow about her.

"Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

might be because of the texture i used.... it's lighter on one side than on the other.... should i change or remove it?

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Nice edits &, yes, I'd like to see it without the texture. :)

Signature Image

sure!
the first one is with no texture but.... i find it a little uhm..... well don't fit right and looks actually pretty ugly...
the second one is just with the first texture i used.... took the second i added off.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/265/3x3copy2b2re.th.jpg http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3500/3x3copy2a1fh.th.jpg

but then maybe i should find a way to add more light in the background... :\ any suggestions on how to do that?

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

The texture does blend everything together, but this one feels a bit heavy.

For the bg, some wallers use shafts of blurred light. You could also look for a sky stock that you like.

Signature Image

Must say, nicely done.

I kinda like the one without the texture better on my eye. The smoothness just
makes it clearer.

Very well done.

I Like It Morphee, I used watch 3X3 Eyes long long time.

changed the sky, lowerd the grass and tried to make the texture look a little better and less 'cover-up'

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8136/3x3copy38rx.th.jpg

but now i have the feeling i should change the grass to something else.... because i doesn't look right like this.... but i don't know what to do!

tried this.... extracted the meadow and mountains from a stock photo... but now it wallpaper is less and less made by me :\

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8844/3x3copy42eu.th.jpg

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

That dark cloudy smudge to the right is a bit off, so you may want to try another stock. stock.xchng has a nice selection.

As for the bg, here's one option: If you like the bg of the 2nd version but want to make the bg yourself, you could reconstruct the scene. The grass would just be another field, which it looks like you have down. The mountains can be produced using Terragen. I haven't used this program myself, but I've seen walls that have and they look photorealistic.

Signature Image

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

I really like the second to last one...the one of her with the background sunset and tree...but the tree is too bare, and the black cloud is really random. I dont know what anime this is from, and Ive never seen it before, but by looking at her outfit, it doesnt seem likely that she would be standing in any of those settings. Why about a calm beachside? or...next to a pool (it doesnt really go with the whole "thinking of you" theme though). I really think you should try a beachside with maybe some seagulls. she would probably fit in better. A sunset beachside might be even better because it might compliment te red hues of her clothing

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

hmmm... yea i really like that last one i got to.... i'll have to try terragen... never tried it before (*off to find it on internet*)
the grass shouldn't be too hard... i hope!

i'm afraid 3x3Eyes doesn't fit with a seaside background... actually a more desert-like scenery would probably be better but Pai is a very lively character who wishes to become human, so i supposed a calm and peaceful meadow would be better :)

[EDIT]
ok.... i'm totally lost with terragen.... :x i have no idea how to use it! ^_^' and the grass i got wasn't very satisfying so i did some very small retouche to the background and i'll just submit it as it is -_-.... hopefully it won't be deleted by BotChii!

anyhow.... thank you everyone for you're help :) i really apreciated it XD
[/EDIT]

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.