Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Death... - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

how do you explain death to a child or even to an adult.
is death good or evil? WHy are we afraid to die? isn't supose to be good or relief?
are we going to disapear when we die? but then... why do we have a soul if it will turn to nothing? Or our souls are like atoms... they never disapear... they're just used to make another person... perhaps her soul...

tell me what do you think about it.

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

Yue-Horrishino

Yue-Horrishino

Tsubasa Mahou

I don't think very often about that... but since it's a good think to start up thinking... here goes nothing

I think death is only a begining to something else, like another life, or another ways... but simple no one knows nothing about that... Death is a limit, a limit that no one can return back. If we die, i don't think our soul will die, but if our soul dies than eveything is lost, because you will also be death...

This is what i thik of death...

And about the afraid of death, i only say one thing

I'm not afraid of death but afraid of the way that i might die... ^_~

Signature Image

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Death is and will be a difficult concept to explain. Most people are afraid to die due to their uncertainty. Even those that believe that theyr are going eith God aren't always so *sure* that they would willingly bet their life on it.

There has been near-death experiences, but no-one has died, went to (for the sake of the argument) to heaven, cam back and reported on what happened. Even if someone did people would have difficulty in believing him. There are plenty of dcumentation dating from 1000 BC about people that died and who told their story. Eevn Plato told a nice story of such a person that had died but lived to tell his tale (but for the life of me I can't remember who or in what work it was quoted). But as in most cases, all of these tales are based on the standard belief system of that time. There are very few if any correlations between them and that included Enoch and Revelations even though its written in the same place but 300 years apart.

Therefore we havce no idea whats going to happen, besides that which we believe in. But even then how do we know that belief, which is not always fact, is correct?

My mother explained it to me in the nice whay mothers would: I would be in heaven where life is good, you can play with all your toys all the time, no harm can come to you, God would look after us, keep us happy, etc. No darkness and sadness. But that doesn't mean that you should want to die - there are enough love and good people that needs you alive and who you need alive. So don't go looking for death.

Nowdays I still follow the last bit, although I may have become a bit more ambivalent (agnostic) about the first. Lets just say I'm open for suggestions.

But if you have to explain it to a child then I'd say that you should tell whatever would keep the child from living in constant fear or panic. He/she shouldn't fear death but neither should he/she be looking for it. Make life good enough.

Adults, however, should have made their minds up. I wouldn't know how to handle that one.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Is this going to become a discussion on materialism and rationalism v. mysticism and faith?

Here's my opinion: Humans die. Maybe we'll be able to bring them back in 2500 years, although I doubt it. If you have trouble understanding what it'd be like to not be alive and concious, consider the a couple of years before you were born. That's kind of what being dead is like--a lack of awareness of any sort. This is because you lack awareness. Yay.

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

it isn't death that frightens thee but what it might entail
it isn't fault that saddens thee but the fact that you have failed

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

watch the "Lion King" and take note especially of Elton John's "Circle of Life" >.< but seriously...

I'll try not to side with the scientific or religious sides of death.

The reason why people are afraid of Death... death is like a step into the unknown, it's in our human nature to fear what we do not understand. I mean we understand the biological side of death but we do not fully comprehend what "happens" after... is there a Heaven and Hell? is there an Afterlife? or do we dissappear from existence? For some, death is the next adventure after life. Those are usually the people who have lived a life without regrets. I hope that when my time comes I'll be able to say that I've lived without regrets, that I've truly experienced life and can now move on.

Death is not good or evil. It is simply nature. There's no way you can avoid it, only postpone it for a little bit. Once you realise this, you will appreciate life more.

I guess if I had to explain death to a child I'd try to avoid using word like "Heaven" and such. To me that seems like the easy way out (unless of course that's what you believe, I meant no offence to the religious people). I'm not really sure how I'd explain it... maybe it's like an endless sleep...

wah T_T now I need to watch some comedy anime...

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Quote by Blueheart... why do we have a soul if it will turn to nothing?

You don't have a soul. That's called your brain. If your brain dies all the activities atributed to your brain will cease.

The funny thing is we actually KNOW what happens when you die. I mean when your car breaks down you don't assume it went to car heaven do you? Of course not, it simply no longer functions.

The millions of years after your death will be exactly the same as the millions of years before your birth, you won't exist. And no it isn't scary or boring or an eternity of emptyness because your brain won't be there to contemplate any of it in the first place.

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Death is an " organic neccesaty" , people die, the soul is just another word for thought patterns that occur in you brain, people should not be concerned about death. It is a natrual part of life, we came up with heaven and hell because we are afraid to die. It sounds harsh yea, but the truth can be harsh. From personal point of view, i lost my father when i was nine, my mother explained it to me, i accepted it. Life is life people come people go.

People need to understand the point of life is not to morn when that life ends but to celebrate the life that person had, to remember the good the bad and the ugly, to learn from that persons mistakes. And then try to go on.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Quote by Shinsengumi89Death is an " organic neccesaty" , people die, the soul is just another word for thought patterns that occur in you brain, people should not be concerned about death. It is a natrual part of life, we came up with heaven and hell because we are afraid to die. It sounds harsh yea, but the truth can be harsh. From personal point of view, i lost my father when i was nine, my mother explained it to me, i accepted it. Life is life people come people go.

People need to understand the point of life is not to morn when that life ends but to celebrate the life that person had, to remember the good the bad and the ugly, to learn from that persons mistakes. And then try to go on.

I disagree. I think people should remember those who died and that soon enough, humans will be able to live for indefinate periods of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality#Physical_immortality

Immortality cannot exist. At some point, even if our name lives forever in human history, it's only human. We will all die. Just as old religions that were so important to so many have died.

Anyway, death, to me, is just what happens biologically. It's debatable for whether it's a release or not. If someone is going through unbearable pain, then it's a release, but if someone is enjoying their life, it's not. I don't believe we keep living, and I don't think we should fear or embrace it. It's something that will happen, and when it does, it happens. People die, others are sad, and they move on.

What matters most is not when you will die or what happens after death, but what you are doing now. If you think the most important thing in life is to get a fast boat, try to get a fast boat in life. Don't worry if you could die tomorrow, because you could always die today, or years down the road.

Quote by shynakuImmortality cannot exist. At some point, even if our name lives forever in human history, it's only human. We will all die. Just as old religions that were so important to so many have died.

Wait--why is immortality impossible again?

Quote by alexjohnc3 I disagree. I think people should remember those who died and that soon enough, humans will be able to live for indefinate periods of time.

Hmm....yeah okay I definitely don't agree with this. Okay wait, I agree with the remembering people who died part but not with the indefinite life part. Any of you guys read "Tuck Everlasting"? Since I believe in reincarnation I suppose people would say that that's in theory "living" forever, but it's not. Your soul can only be bound to this life you're living for a certain time and then it needs to move on. You can't make your time here indefinite.

merged: 04-20-2006 ~ 05:45am
Okay that wasn't supposed to all end up in the quote box. The part that starts with Hmm.... is all mine. Sorry about that.

death is but a release..

hehehe..

i think that this is like you have to find for yourself..
its not something someone can tell you and you will belive..
because i've seen SOOO many times.. someone had a belif..
and then for some reason lost it..

i think if we all searched for this answer.. we would find..
but no use in telling each other what they think..
^^

I'm not afraid of death,becouse I believe in reincarnation and heaven.Sometimes is death a relief.I think that death is the end of something and beginning of something else.

Wow good question! and some good answers as well!
And as many others I'm not afraid of death, but different from so many others i do not have a belief system that tells me what heaven is like or wether or not I will be reincarnated as flie or an elephant or what ever. For me the thought of the Earth as a giant living spirit that lives and grows by our collected emotions and experiences (like in FF-spirit within) gives me peace in my heart, knowing that i can give something back to her...( but actually I'm an atheist.. hmm)

mountain

mountain

None

Death like life is a gift, it is the end of the journey of life.

I thought souls were everlasting, if things such as souls don't exist, why do medians exist?

Acuni

Acuni

wrapped in night

i have a question to!
since human live a long time i mean not a single person but human race and we are more and more and if spirits exist where do we get our spirits from?*we take the fact that there is no God or Devil (if you want the religion way you can write it to)* there is more and more of everything don't tell me they creat themself from nothing
and yes something else we are asking ourselfs what is after death but nobody asks what is before life so as alexjohnc3 already mentioned nobody could explain that
ok and i wouldnt say i am afreid of death and i on the other hand wont say that i am not afreid of it therfore exists a simple explenation life is sometimes wonderfull and sometimes not and there is something like time and with the time people change and get old and with that they start to fear that what will come sooner or later it is just like everything else it comes and goes even the things that don't have any life in them like sweets *you see them and they are you take a piece of them and they are les and you finished eating that they are gone*
how to explain death to a chiled let me see there are many ways to do that like:
an angel will come from the sky and take you with him (or something like that) *don't try to explain it like that you get more and more questions about it*
however if you explain it like it is the end of everything the chiled will start crying so you have to add something nice at the end
but you can't realy say what is after life you can only guied them in the direction they want to belive in *it is mean if someone wants you to accept your belief*
it is easy to explain what death is to an adult
you just ask him if he is suffering here on Earth and you say the oposite to his answer than that is death ^^
ok i once again did it i wrote a lot of things but didn't told anythin usefull

Signature

Acuni, you said that the opposite of life's sufferings is death. However, what about the widely accepted concept of hell? Is not hell a place of eternal torment? I do not believe that death is necessarily the end of our sufferings. I hold that when we die, God will judge us based on whether or not we have accepted His salvation through Jesus Christ, God's son. Based on this, God will either send a person's soul to heaven or to hell. The Bible says that "All have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God," but it also states that "...the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus..." This is what I believe to be the eternal truth of life and death. And yes, I am a Christian.

i dont like to get into detals but deth can be good and evel

ibrahimm

ibrahimm

Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum

Everyone will experience it. For some its more terrible than other.

But when the death angel is coming to collect ur souls... u will die eventually.

The death angel "Azrail" Pulls ur souls out of ur body, beginning from ur feet.

Orokawa Ototoyo........

death just like choice, it depend on u \. if you want a good death, u should be agood person n obey god.n so the opposite. like ibrahim said "IZRAIL" Pulls ur souls out of ur body, beginning from ur feet

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Most scientists agree that aging and death seem somehow programmed into our genes. The question is: When, how, and why did they enter our genetic code, as it were?

The Bible gives us the simple answer--even though it does not present it in terms of genetics or DNA. Romans 5:12 reads: "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned."

The first man, Adam, had the prospect of living forever. His body was designed with the necessary faculties to live and enjoy eternal life. Eternal life was conditional, though. Adam had to collaborate with and be obedient to the Source of life, his Creator, in order to maintain his life perpetually...

"And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of Eden to cultivate it and to take care of it. And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: "From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die."--Genesis 2:15-17

Adam chose to disobey the Creator. In effect, Adam claimed that man is better off ruling himself independent of God. Thus he sinned. From that point onward, it was as if his genetic code was altered. Instead of passing on everlasting life as an inheritance to his offspring, Adam transmitted sin and death...

"For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord."--Romans 6:23

Only God can reveal what happens after people die, and he has done so in his written Word, the Bible. This is what the Bible says: "As the [beast] dies, so the [man] dies; and they all have but one spirit . . . All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust." (Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) There is no mention here of a heaven or fiery hell. Humans return to dust--to nonexistence--when they die...

"For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten."--Ecclesiastes 9:5

We have no immortal soul... ;)

Death is called an "enemy" in the Bible, and God does not cooperate with mankind"s enemies. To the contrary, he promises to destroy death as well as all other enemies of man:

"As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing."--1 Corinthians 15:26

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

People are afraid of death because they'll lose all they're knowledge and their work. Death will come anytime so they are never prepared for it which makes them fear of it. It depends I guess if it's good or bad. No one can avoid the good or bad anyways. I guess if I die I hope to be reincarnated maybe or somewhere I feel comfortable.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.