Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Actual Fun or Just a Way to Blow Off Steam? - Minitokyo

Actual Fun or Just a Way to Blow Off Steam?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I'm doing a project for one of my classes at school, about advertising strategies, and I'm looking at how Grand Theft Auto has been marketed to the public. So I came to you guys, because I figure that many of you actually know what games are! (Unlike some of the people in my class. :sweat: ) If you all could answer my quesitons truthfully, I'd be most appreciative. It'd help me out in my project/paper a lot! Thank you in advance.

Q: Do you think any (all) of the Grand Theft Auto Games are actually fun (in the sense that you're enjoying what you're doing within the game world/it brings you happiness), or do you find it a great way to just let off some steam at the end of the day (you're shooting/driving/etc. to release your own inner tensions/angers from the real world)? Why did you answer how you did?

A: (This is your part.)

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I will preface by saying I hate the Grand Theft Auto games with a passion. I find no fun in them at all. But from what I can tell, people play it for fun. We all have dark thoughts, but we are almost all of right mind and know that things like murder, rape and theft are all wrong. The great thing about video games is that you can do anything you want, anytime you want, and the worst punishment you are going to get is a fine on the game. Not only that, but you can just indiscrimately kill and it hurts no one. Even those of us who like RPG's get to do that. Take the game Fable. In that you can be savior to people or break into their houses, steal all of their stuff, have multiple wives and go on killing rampages. It's fun to live out your darkside without doing people harm.

At that's my two cents.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

A: I'm not a GTA fan (because I don't like the interface) but two of my best friends are maniacs. The best part is listening to them describe explosions and how the blew up this car etc. O yes...shooting a bazooka from a helicopter was a week long legend.

I myself prefer Real Time Strategy (RTS) or Role Playing Games (RPG). In the one game I'm playing, Warhammer 40k, the most soul satisfying thing you can do is to completely over rum your opponent with guns, missiles, orbitual strikes, and just general mayhem. I think guys in general like games where you are supposed to kill or destroy because that's how we get rid of excess testosterone. Girls eat chocolat, boys kill each other in computer games.

GTA is just one of several games that cater to these needs.

Therefore the answer is yes on both accounts. It is enjoyable to destroy and kill on computer, but it is also a great release of tension (rather blow up cities than pick a fight with your parents or siblings just because you had a bad day). Males have an aggressve streak in them. Its biological. We tend to wage war while women tend to families. Its been like this for thousands of years. Its not going to go away soon. So rather we have our fill in a virtual world than letting loose in the real world and seriously hurt people. Its an escape as well as a form of entertainment.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Well, I almost never play GTA, except for a few occassions when I'm really bored and there's nothing better to do. Judging by others, though, it could be for fun or to lay off steam, and truthfully, blowing off steam in a virtual world is probably healthier than bottling it up inside or actually murdering people in real life.

I myself am a fan of action and/or puzzle games.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Kohana-Ami

Kohana-Ami

Amii the Ripper

When I'm bored like above people (I don't feel like typing it out...)

Signature

A : In my opinion, GTA is nothing but fun (or maybe few minutes only). It is true, the first time i saw the game (one playstation 1) i discovered something new, a bit violent, but especialy with alot of freedom in the game (you could do whatever you had imagine (or at least you tought you could because now there are more thing to do).

However, now it is starting to get a very commercial name : GTA = SELL
The game is the same : you had one one ps2, you had all (except de "storyline")
It is for me (I don't play this game) a way to do thing you couldn't in reality (tio come back to the notion of freedom). It is not only to "blow of the steam" but some of the reason why I have ever played is close to this. no more for me :x not politicaly correct... >=0!

<(^^<) (>^^)>

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

A: When I first acquire the game(s), they really are pretty fun. Its when the storyline stuff starts to lack, and you end up just running around, doing random little things. On the majority, I'd have to say I either go on the games to drop a little bit of stress, or when I'm pretty bored of everything else, but I won't deny the factuality of me enjoying the games, when there's some storyline missions to do. Its just too bad it isn't versatile enough for you to acquire random little missions that are similar to the story missions.. :(

Overall, though.. I'll say that I play them, because I more or less get some enjoyment out of doing so. Reason I say this being the fact that they can still be good games, even if short, and you can still get enjoyment out of them, even when they are finished.

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

I actually hate the GTA games, they all suck really bad. I guess their goal was this: since they couldn't do one thing well, they would just do a bunch of things poorly. Story sucks and isn't original at all, driving mechanics suck, graphics suck, soundtracks are just a bunch of songs ripped from whatever era the game takes place in, and overall gameplay sucks.
I still haven't figured out why people play it...

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.