Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 getting presents for guys... - Minitokyo

getting presents for guys...

page 1 of 1 21 total items

woundeds0ul

woundeds0ul

strawberries~ XD yuuuuummmmm~~~

okay... this is mainly for girls but... don't you hate it when you're gonna get a guy friend of yours a b'day gift and you ask them what they want but they answer 'anything..' while when you tell them what you want for your birthday, you tell them specifically what you want, which colour, brand etc...

i mean... be more specific!!! its not gonnd help me if you say anything....cos u feel kind of inconsiderate if u just give them money cos not much thought had been given 2 the gift....

i kno sum guys dun do this but all the guys that r my friends do and it realy ticks me off so i was wondering if this happens to anyone too.....^^

oh and if u hav ne suggestions.....go ahead...i need help!! XD

Signature

waaahh~!!! its a return~~!!! woundie ish back minna~~!! >.<
did you miss me..??? ^-^

Um...im not a girl, but this happened a lot with my dad. But it happened for his birthday xmas and fathers day the lot.

Also with getting a guy a present it also depends on how old they are and what they like. ill try and give examples. If i guy is into cars for example like rx7 or gtr skyline, get him a model car that he can put together or if a guy wheres good clothes get him some more good clothes (somehow find his size) and get him some aftershave/deodorant. He might be into anime get him some manga or dvds. He might be into music get him some cds etc. I hope thi helps somehow, if not im sorry then.

good luck

hmm.. a guy?? give him a condom.. and turn the lights off. then start the show.. he will surely appreciate it

Time.... can do anything.. from mending wounds to destroying things.... surely time is powerful... but time can't change one thing... that is destiny..........

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Heheh. Although I'm a guy, I will say this -- see what he's into. Often times you'll find guys into video games, cars, among other things.

Guys don't wanna be specific, because often times they really don't know what they want.

If you can't come up with an idea -- Money will always suit. It isn't perfect, but it's definitely nice. :D

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

katz291

katz291

Lil Insane Kitty

I gave my guy friend 1000 folded stars for his birthday! He loves them and puts them in his dresser! =^-^=

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES! .

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

I'm a girl.. I always have trouble getting stuffs for guys on their special day and all. Well, those friends of mine are a real dandy.so they like branded clothings, wallets, shoes, ..all with da $$ XD Or maybe some, I'll just get them a music cd..or..maybe those silver pendant with black leather string neckace/spiked wristband ^^" some em of like it though. x_x well, um.. it's not very easy to get stuffs for guys.. if I'm too lazy to go shop for it.. sometime's i'll just make a card..and some weird fancy folded paper thingies then just stuff em into da envelope together with the card.. assorted coloured glitters added too XD we girls kinda like doing that here =3 guys that i know hate da glittery things ofcourse but so what!! XD i loooove to annoy them ^^ it's fun..

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

well the standard gift for guys would be music cds. if yur guy is special, then make him a gift, something handmade by yurself

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Well.. Uh. Haha. I have the same problem. But a solution. I just looked at the guy, and wondered what he has, that's very old, and buy him a new one... I don't know if that helps.

in metaliczero's suggestion, i would avoid deoderant, it could be taken the wrong way.on the other hand, darkrad's suggestion would probably be pretty hard to misinterpret.
cd's or dvd's are usually good if you know which ones he would like.
on the other hand i usually like to give/receive activities as gifts. take them out to eat, pay for them get into a movie, or something. this way you get to do stuff with them, you've got the gift covered, and you can get them the same thing next year without worrying about gifts doubling up.
on a similar note, if you know how to cook you could always make them something like a cake or brownies or even an entire meal. that would stand out more in my mind.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

To be honset, I'd just want love, thats all. No money can buy the gift of caring and love.

Signature Image

raging_otter

Not In

well urr im a guy, so from my perspective, most guys (including me) dont really care much about receiving presents on the bday... especially as you get older...
as long as you gals can remember your guys' bday and be nice to him, thats more than enough :D

woundeds0ul

woundeds0ul

strawberries~ XD yuuuuummmmm~~~

Quote by darkrad16hmm.. a guy?? give him a condom.. and turn the lights off. then start the show.. he will surely appreciate it

ummm...... rite~ u do that...

but, these "guy" friends of mine dun really lyk anime!!!! XD that's really bad but.. clothes...i dun kno their style cos they hardly wear mufti and they dun really lyk music either....

umm....i dun kno how 2 cook and i think the only thing left is 2 do the foldy star thing.....

+ these guys r the type 2 get embarassed if i were 2 get a present that hinted anythin "sexual"....>.<

Signature

waaahh~!!! its a return~~!!! woundie ish back minna~~!! >.<
did you miss me..??? ^-^

Hmm...I usually make things for my guy friends...but a lot of them aren't really close friends so I don't get them b'day presents, lol...
But I'm into arty stuff so I tend to handmake things. I made one of my really close guy friends a photo frame according to his favourite colours and he said he wanted photos of me...*blush* so i made a collaga of myself...he said that he loved it ^^ So mission accomplished, hehe

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

uuuuuuuuuuuuh if he likes anime give em anime or manga...if not....then...uuuuuh get him a football!!! errr no a shirt? XD no scratch that! Hug them and say sorry you didn't get them a present! yeah!

Magically Delicious, yo.

cloud-strife

Girl Hunter

if he like so much the anime and manga.. find the way to ask him what is the anime that not have and he want to have. :).
The only advice that i can give you is:
To give a good present you need to know vere well the person or be a very observer people.

thats all the secret. jejeje :D

I gonna hunt all the sexy girls.

Here's my thoughts on this. First... I don't ask girls what they want for their birthday... because if they told me exactly what they wanted, what brand, what colour, etc... I would think of them as a little shallow and materialistic. I mean... you shouldn't be expecting anything for your birthday, so to actually tell me in detail what you want me to buy you? That's taking away the spirit of the whole thing. I would hope that if they were my friends I had some insight into their likes and dislikes and would put some thought into the gift and come up with something myself that I thought they would really appreciate. To me, a gift that someone has outright asked for isn't meaningful at all... might as well just throw money at them and have them go get it themselves.

Maybe I'm just being "old" here, but if a girl asked me "What I wanted for my birthday" I would say "nothing". I'm happy to get together with my good friends, go out to dinner and enjoy their company... On the other hand, if one of my friends said to me they wanted "nothing" for their birthday I would obviously still get them something, because it's a symbol that I care about them.

Plus... you don't want to be the only idiot who didn't get them a gift.

If somebody ask me what do I want for my birthday knowing that he/she will get it for me, I don't think I'll tell it anyway XD ... sounds like I'm demanding things XD that's maybe the case too. Birthday present is also something like a (bit of) surprise too :)

Something that fit his interest would be okay, but if it's hard to find his interest, then maybe you can go for something that you make yourself, like simple handmade ornament (that'll do well for me, but I don't think it goes fine for everyone). How about just treat him a dinner in a good restaurant? :) this sounds universal enough XD

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Uhmmm the question of the year....

I think that a guy like something donated with the hearth......the kind is not important...but the affect bound to that yes.....maybe im old...but i love a simple word that a weird gift given at the last minute......

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

im a guy, and i would say that you should either take your friend to dinner/movie or make something special for him (maybe make a picture on the computer and have it printed out in high quality and frame it, my brother did that for one of his friends)

Think deeply of simple things.

Quote by "DarkParagon"Here's my thoughts on this. First... I don't ask girls what they want for their birthday... because if they told me exactly what they wanted, what brand, what colour, etc... I would think of them as a little shallow and materialistic. I mean... you shouldn't be expecting anything for your birthday, so to actually tell me in detail what you want me to buy you? That's taking away the spirit of the whole thing. I would hope that if they were my friends I had some insight into their likes and dislikes and would put some thought into the gift and come up with something myself that I thought they would really appreciate. To me, a gift that someone has outright asked for isn't meaningful at all... might as well just throw money at them and have them go get it themselves.

Maybe I'm just being "old" here, but if a girl asked me "What I wanted for my birthday" I would say "nothing". I'm happy to get together with my good friends, go out to dinner and enjoy their company... On the other hand, if one of my friends said to me they wanted "nothing" for their birthday I would obviously still get them something, because it's a symbol that I care about them.

Plus... you don't want to be the only idiot who didn't get them a gift.

I agree ^^~

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I have the same problem, though he likes anime, and manga, and I can draw him pictures, and he's happy with that...but I don't always want to get him the same sort of thing, and if you buy something in advance, you have to hope that they don't buy it themselves, before you can give it to them...
But that's the same with girls too...

I never know what I want, and really I don't care if I don't get anything...
I just worry what I'd say if someone were to ask me what someone got me for my birthday, what I'd say...it'd make the person sound bad if I said they didn't get me anything...

When I'm asked what I want, I either shrug or say " I don't care", real helpful, aren't I?

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.