Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 iPod lawsuits - Minitokyo

iPod lawsuits

Should Apple lose the "full volume" lawsuit?

Yes
5 votes
No
36 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

I really dislike the Apple iPod (all the models they've come out with), but I won't rant about why I hate them. What I will rant about now is the ridiculous lawsuits that have been filed against Apple because of the iPod.

As I already said, I dislike the iPods, so you'd think I'd be all for the iPod getting bad press, but the shit that these people (the ones sueing iPod) are claiming is just pissing me off...

Sometime in Feb 2006, a lawsuit was filed against Apple because, and I quote, [Apple's music players were inherently defective in design and not adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss]. Basically someone is sueing Apple because they claim to have hurt their ears while listening to their iPod at full volume...

COME ON... >.<

Believe it or not, listening to anything at full blast can damage your ears! YOU F**KING RETARD! I really wish I was the judge in that case... I'd throw that idiot in jail before his asshole lawyers could finish their opening statement.

Anyways, there's really no point to this thread, but I guess you guys can use it to tell everyone about any ridiculous lawsuits you've heard or read about. Oh and what the hell... I'll throw in a poll as well.

Oh another fav lawsuiot of mine is the "hot coffee" lawsuit against McDonalds (i think)... DURRRR HOT COFFEE BURN >.<

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Only in America can these things happen. Greedy bastards, what will they think of next? I cut myself with a sharp knife that i recently bought to cut meat?

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I really do agree with this; seriously-doesn't anyone with a half a mind realize that one's actions DO have consequences?!? Who was it, anyway? *rolls eyes*. probably someone from my area; most of them are stuck in a narccissistic rut: "And...what do *I* get outta this?" As DTBA says: "Only in America..." *Sigh.*

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

darkdragon

darkdragon

the homeless person

america is known for retarded lawsuits. i think we're the country with the most of them. u cant sue someone because ur being a retard >>. as much as i hate the ipod even i think they should win the case and not give that person any money for being stupid. i hate ppl like that -_-

heh i swear to God...there are alot of ignorant people here in the US.... -.-

All well what can you do?
Just watch it from the sidelines and laugh and how idiotic
some people can really be.

Hello on the Ipod there is something called a volume control, use it!
For those who don't know how to use it, read the manual. And if you still
don't know what a volume control is, search is up in wikipedia where they
shall provide full high definition satellite images as well as a history of it dating back to the Neantherthals.

From these lawsuits, I've read somewhere on the net, the next Ipod will
have a volume limitation built in. But I don't know if it's true or not.

*Wahhhh! My internet is not working! Everytime when I open up
my web browser, it always opens up a page called. www.nointernet.com.
This is ridculious! I'm going to sue the Internet! XD*

Signature

And the courtrooms could be put to better use than a doorway for trash like these 'suits. But remember this, it's the lawyers that always win.

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Oh well, at least I'm happy with my MD (Minidisc) player.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

I think the guy who sued Apple is an intelligent guy, he made money from nothing ...

Hey your headphones hurts my ears, gimme some money, and he got it, smart bastard XD

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

that is quite retarded...

Signature

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by Khalid2222aI think the guy who sued Apple is an intelligent guy, he made money from nothing ...

Hey your headphones hurts my ears, gimme some money, and he got it, smart bastard XD

I don't think he's actually won yet. As far as I know, this is still an ongoing case in the US.

Signature

Quote by Kidder

Quote by Khalid2222aI think the guy who sued Apple is an intelligent guy, he made money from nothing ...

I don't think he's actually won yet. As far as I know, this is still an ongoing case in the US.

Oh, right, well, if you want my opinion, I don't think he deserve to win, but if he does win the case, I'll admire this guy for winning it :sweat:, but if he doesn't, well, what a loser :\ he's just making fun of himself

Phren

Phren

Kodoku no Koe

Yeah, like suing fast food places because you're over weight from eating there all the time? Really now.

All it serves is to just makes my whole country look that small bit dumber then it already does. Besides, it'll just lead to more control over what we are allowed to do. The taking out of soda machines from schools and replacing them with 'healthier' drinks? Says who? Most of the preposed changes are those coke/pepsi 'fruit' drinks and such that have about 6% juice and loads of sugar (just like soda), and hey! there goes diet soda for all you diabetics out there! Hope you packed your own drink or like drinking water.

What's next? Giant blender warning labels about not putting your hand in them? I know some suing is nessesary to keep products safe, but you have to have some common sense.. otherwise, we'll all be regulated to forks with corks one day. :pacman:

.../X\(. .)/X\ *scuttle*

LOL forks with corks... :D

this is one of the stupidest things i heard.

It may sound stupid, but who gets the last laugh if the guy wins the lawsuit and comes away rich?

Signature Image

mmm i had to write english opinion essay on this. Bah! =P

Well in the article, it is said that iPod had warnings on the box of the iPod, while the iPod itself didnt have a warning. Then they said that this wasnt enough. This is a bad argument since if we all need warnings on everything, that must mean we should put a warning on every fork, knife, table edge and stuff saying its "sharp".

Secondly, the iPod itself was not created so that people can set the volume to the highest and make themselves deaf. iPod company expected people to have atleast a tiny adequate knowledge that exists even in a childs brain.

You wouldn't believe how many people like to listen to their iPods loudly. Sometimes not because they want more volume (thus perceived sound-quality) but rather to show off to the surrounding people. These people are the true idiots and I'm not surprised if this guy falls under the category.

Read this and tell me what you think.

As over rated and over priced the iPod is, I hate to see people getting sued by brainless idiots. Seriously, these days they even have to put fire danger messages on boxes of matches, y'know, just in case somebody tried to sue them because their product started a fire.

Damn some people are stupid, then some sue because they are greedy.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

There should be a law against stupidity. I mean for example, ridiculous lawsuits like the above mentioned iPod volume lawsuit should be instantly thrown out of court and both the guy sueing and his lawyer should be fined for wasting valuable court time.

How can people take the law system seriously when stupid shit like this happens all the time and seems to be in a growing trend as well?

Signature

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Quote by DTBAOnly in America can these things happen. Greedy bastards, what will they think of next? I cut myself with a sharp knife that i recently bought to cut meat?

Its true that that happens alot here. There are people who are confronted by lawyers saying they have a case just to get the money, like lawyers who show up at car crashes.
but you also get these people out there that decide people are better off than they are, so they try to take what others are making.
This ablso brings into view that some of the more financially secure people, are like that for a reason; theyworked hard to be there, And others want to make an easy profit from it. Oldest scheme in the book.

Ephix

Ephix

Chibi Dark Elf

The real kicker is this guy didn't even hurt HIS ears, he is perfectly fine. Forget where I read it but it is certainly true, that's why he's not suing for damages. He is sueing because there isn't warning labels and he and others MAY damage his hearing in the future. Personally I think This guy should win 1 million dollars for the lawsuit... and then apple should sue him back for 10 million and win claiming the guy doesn't have adequate warning labels on his forehead stating that he is a complete moron and should not be sold iPods.

Signature

"Sleep is for the weak. *yawn* DAMNIT!"

zelamun

The Bumping Reporter

Though I admit how ridiculous the lawsuit is, i stand somewhat neutral in this. True, the guy is a fr*kk*n idiot for suing under such basis, but admittedly he's got (something of) a point. Manufacturers are obliged to mention the risks of using their products, regardless how people already know about it. Though i still believe the man is utterly stupid.

Reminds me of a guy claiming a lawsuit against an all-you-can-eat buffet for serving food that was "too delicious" (actual quote might be different) causing him to eat too much and rising his cholesterol levels sky high.. lol.. oh well... *shrugs*

chibicow

chibicow

i_miss_MT_1.0

hehe, i agree.
i reckon people nowadays lack common sense... and will argue anything to try get money out of anyone!
I gotta laugh though that you'd throw someone in gaol... before there lawyers made their opening statements!

If anything, i'd b*tch slap them upside the head and tell em to go have a cry, the ignorant b*stards!
Ha!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.