Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is an OAV/OVA? Are they the same thing? - Minitokyo

What is an OAV/OVA? Are they the same thing?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

I was wondering if anyone knows what OAV's or OVA's are. Turns out, I own an 'OAV' soundtrack and an 'OVA' DVD, but I have no clue what that means. Can anyone help me? :sweat:

schwindelmagier

schwindelmagier

Anna Vi Britannia+++

an OAV and an OVA is the same,I think....an OVA/OAV is a kind of special episode of an anime or it is an animated episode to a video game which does not use to have a full anime....I hope you could understood my little explanation...furthermore,I hope it was right ^.^"

Signature Image
+s.m.i.l.e. - the illusion of humanity+

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

OVAs = Original Video Animation, are animes not shown as TV series before. Released in LD or DVD. Not too long in duration and volumes (usually 30 mins and 5-6 episodes) and usually have higher animation quality. Themes usually heavier, darker, and "more immoral" than those showed in TV. Good examples: H-animes! (It's obvious why...)

OAV = Original Animated Video. Meaning? Well, you can say it is same as OVA. However, please note that those two are Japan-use-only acronyms. And I think that's what will happen if Japanese try to speak English... However, OAV is often misintepreted as Original Adult Video, thus OAV has negative-conotative meaning.

Wow... Finally the riddle is answered... I've always been wondering what the difference was

AeroConfident

AeroConfident

S.O.S Brigade

i only know that OVA is Original Video Animation and OAV is Original Anime Video
my though of OVA is the same as Bumble-bee said but i though OAV is kinda like Anime Soundtrack / its Music Video. But it looks like i'm wrong after all.
Well thanks for explaining it Bumble-Bee

I've been Haruhified..... and u?

Yup... bumble-bee says it all. Those are exactly their differences.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.