Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ToS anime?! - Minitokyo

Tagged under Tales of Symphonia

page 1 of 1 24 total items

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

When I heard this I didnt know what to think. Im really happy that they are going to do an anime of ToS, but im not so sure if its true.

If its true, im really interested in how well they will animate it. It must be good. Or else I will be mad >=0000000~~~~~!. But I cant be mad yet if I dont know if its true or not ^^'

Does anyone got any comments on these rumors? :o

Signature Image

OMG! That'd be awsome if they made Tales of Symphonia anime!^^ I don't know if a long movie or a series would be better though...it really don't matter cause it'd still be awsome. Where'd you hear the rumor at?

Music is in your eyes.
Music is in your soul.
Music is surrounding, everywhere you see.
Music is a reflection of who we wish to be.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Where did you hear this info? Do you have a link saying this or any other kind of confirmation on this rumor? This is the first time I heard of this happening but I want to be sure if its true or not.

It would be great if this were true. I liked Tales of Symphonia.

Takeshi1589

Takeshi1589

King of Cynicism

I second the information request. If this is true then I assume it will still the the studio that animated the ToS FMVs and the Tales of Phantasia OAV. Adding to that, it will probably be an OAV like the ToP OAV. It wouldn't be a full series but a short multi-episode OAV covering main parts in the game. An awesome thought. I hope they actually do this.

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Wow, that would be so cool. I just watched the ToP OAV (despite not having played the game), and thought it was fairly neat. A ToS OAV would be awesome, especially since I've actually played it ^_^ But I third the info request.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Quote by pn0yvstyleWhere did you hear this info? Do you have a link saying this or any other kind of confirmation on this rumor? This is the first time I heard of this happening but I want to be sure if its true or not.

It would be great if this were true. I liked Tales of Symphonia.

As I said, I dont know if its true or not. I heard this rumor from my older brother, and he collects anime like hell XD. He is in touch (not member) with quite many websites that are trustable (thats what I have heard ^^'). Lets just hope those websites are right ;)

Quote by Takeshi1589I second the information request. If this is true then I assume it will still the the studio that animated the ToS FMVs and the Tales of Phantasia OAV.

Now when I read that it may be an OAV, it sounds more possible. We just have to wait and see ^^. And probably its the studio that will animate the OAV (or whatever it will be in the end ^^').

Signature Image

arvelous

arvelous

::Mystic Death Eye Perception::

So yes it is true and
I have the website if anyone cares http://ova-tos.com/ . I can't wait for Lloyd, Sheena , and the others to appear in anime style even though it was on the game :) and I was wondering what is a good place to buy the Tales Of Phantasia from. If anyone knows please post it on my userpage if it helps I live in America. So it would have to be a store that could deliver internationally or to the US correct?

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

Not really surprised.
They made a 4episode anime of Tales of Phantasia, so it was only a matter of time...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Omikami

Omikami

Ruler of the Plane of Heaven

You shouldn't bump old threads that have been inactive for more than 4 weeks. If you feel the topic is meaningful then you should open a new thread for it's discussion.

Firsy you tell people off for creating dupe threads, then you tell them to make them... whatever.

About the ToS anime, I hope they flesh it out a bit more than the ToP OVA as that felt rather incomplete in terms of the game, sure they need to condense a 30 hour adventure into a short space of time, but it was too short, too much was lost in the transition. Hopefully this time they'll cover everything important.

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Quote by TSPhoenixFirsy you tell people off for creating dupe threads, then you tell them to make them... whatever.

No, what Omikami said was correct, and if you actually took the time to read her post properly, then you would notice that she didn't contradict herself as you suggest.

Quote by TSPhoenixAbout the ToS anime, I hope they flesh it out a bit more than the ToP OVA as that felt rather incomplete in terms of the game, sure they need to condense a 30 hour adventure into a short space of time, but it was too short, too much was lost in the transition. Hopefully this time they'll cover everything important.

I agree with you there though, it did feel rather hurried. But you really can't have high expectations. They most likely won't turn it into an anime series of its own, so being limited to an OVA/OAV (can't remember which is which) which rarely goes beyond 4 episodes, even if you only wanted the main plot to remain perfectly intact, it would be impossible unless they cut out a large chunk of action, and humour if they include any.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Quote by kyokujitsuI agree with you there though, it did feel rather hurried. But you really can't have high expectations. They most likely won't turn it into an anime series of its own, so being limited to an OVA/OAV (can't remember which is which) which rarely goes beyond 4 episodes, even if you only wanted the main plot to remain perfectly intact, it would be impossible unless they cut out a large chunk of action, and humour if they include any.

Ah, crap. Sounds like really bad news o.o. But after all, its an OAV (btw, it doesnt matter if its OAV or OVA... I think o.o'). Probably we wont expect so many episodes. Sucks pretty much -_-
Well, I hope they will include some humour at least, but as you said, if they want the plot to remain intact it will be some problems with all the other parts o.o
I hope they will do their best, and I look forward to the results later ;D

Signature Image

They might do a large number of shorter episodes like they did with Tales of Eternia's OVA, its probably a better format for trying to fit lots of content into a short period as it allows you to have one event per video rather than the gaps they left in the ToP OVA. Sure those gaps were addressed in the opening video of each episode, but it didn't quite work.

Why don't you try looking on www.animenewsnetwork.com
They'll probably have some information about that.

Anyways, I think they would have to make it a OAV series since they have a ton of other Tales series. Plus funding could be a problem as well.

I just hope they do the game some justice. I really hated those cell graphics when your just walking around and battling. It's horrible. Plus not enough anime cutscenes! LIKE WTH.... In the PS2 version they have a ton more and it's more interesting too. *sigh* I just wish they used the same animation they did for the cutscenes because the cutscenes were awesome and really well done. I would really love it if they make the anime into a 14 or even a 26 episode season.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

NightFoxXIII: Would be hard having 26 episodes :S. As you said, it would be problems with the funding. I hope they can at least make more than 10 episodes. We fans would appreciate it :D (I hope so ^^')

Signature Image

I think it's true.

For one theres a manga, you can read tranlations of it on---->

http://www.mizuho.zapchu.com/mizuho_mangascans.htm

Also, I read on Wikipedia that one was in progress. But they're not always acurate so I don't know...

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Probably they will do an OAV (or OVA, whatever). Wikipedia is probably right on this one, cause ToS is quite a great game and many fans wants it as a OAV or an anime. I dont think they will turn the deaf ear to those fans.

Signature Image

Funding is going to be a problem, this anime is probably going to be a fans only thing and the game didn't actually sell that well. Localising it for international release would help buffer that as the game has more fans outside of Japan than in it, but seeing as none of the other Tales anime ever got released outside of Japan, it wouldn't suprise me if that doesn't happen.

It is known that there will be four 48 min. long ep's, and if it has a good run, and high demand (plud fund's are a concern) they may go as far as ten eps

yes there is one it is hafe way done in Japan and the art is very good
i dont know when or if it will be releast in the US...
it depend if anyone claims it XD

I am looking forward to it.

You can actually watch episodes on www.veoh.com gang, I have seen them. Have fun!

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

If it comes to the US, that would be cool.
But until, might as well watch it somewhere else I guess.
The game ruled, wonder if the OVA's any good.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

Hey again BlackSponge! Yes the OVA is awesome. They did a really good job with it. You can go to www.veoh.com and check it out or you can see some of it on Youtube. Raine Sage is one of my fav characters and the one that is the least appreciated on the series. I mean everyone else has a figurine but NOT Raine. What is up with that?! lol. ;-)

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.