Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Spirited Away: Flying Dreams - Does it need improvement? - Minitokyo

Spirited Away: Flying Dreams - Does it need improvement?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

EchoChan

EchoChan

The All Purpose Animal

Hello all!

I'll admit up front that I am a casual member (school and work just keep getting in the way) and I haven't been able to submit a whole lot of stuff lately, but I do try to keep up when I can.

I was surprised to find that some of my stuff had been deleted for the first time in months (a little odd concidering the last time I made something I thought was worthy). Now I must say that I agree with the mods regarding the other three that were zapped; they were rather simple, though I'm still surprised they hung around for so long.

But I was very puzzled to read that Flying Dreams had been deleted, especially since I got the impression that a lot of folks liked it. Now, I'm not crying foul or anything like that, I'd just like some opinions. Is it too simple? Is it lacking somehow?

Any advice you can give me will be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

Always remember that everyone is the hero of their own story.

IzumiChan

IzumiChan

Ano hi, kimi ga... mabushiikata.

The sky looks very well-made, loved the stars ^.^
The text is a bit... out of place, I don't know. -_-
But the biggest deal here is the blending. The ilumination of the scan and the bg is so different that it makes a bad contrast... >_<
If you try to use a different ''blendind mode'' on the copy of the merged wallie, I bet it would looks greater. ;)
I loved this scene of the movie, Haku Dragon is so beatiful. :D

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Sakura Squid~
I'm a member of: [KS] [AR] [CL] [CW] [FW] [HC]

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

the background seems a bit plain. maybe you could try to add some clouds and galaxies, and try giving a little more color variation to to sky. The scan and the background have alot of contrast right now as it is.
Its a good start and Im sure with a little more work it would look great! :nya:

Signature Image

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

It's a nice idea, but it's a bit simple. The stars look mostly like noise, with just one Christmasy north star. Like joycev said, it could be jazzed up a bit.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

hmmm well since Chihiro is looking down in amazement, I would have gotten a pic of the illuminated night-time bath house and put it under them..so it looked like they were flying over the bath house. Another thing you could have done is maybe made it look water-y..its hard to explain. Like how it is in the movie you know? where she remembers herself in the river. you could have also put a very transparent Haku in his human form over the dragon...just some random ideas.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

EchoChan

EchoChan

The All Purpose Animal

Thanks for everybody's thoughts! Now I just have to find the time to actually work on it.

On the other hand, since reality keeps getting in the way, maybe I'll just phase out of walling...

Anyway, I think we can close up this thread now, unless anyone else has any thoughts.

Thanks again!

Always remember that everyone is the hero of their own story.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.