Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 princess tutu... - Minitokyo

princess tutu...

Tagged under Princess Tutu

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

i was wondering...well there have been no threads on this one..so..has anyone seen this? if u havent itll be a pity cuz...don b fooled by the name..this anime is really one that deserves some apreciation! ^_^'
some amazing storyline this one has!lol + amaayyzing art! yeah ...the artwork can surpass aLot of other animes ive seen recently.
well...id like to talk more about it...if anyone has seen it ..that is!

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

I'd love to see this anime as well. I heard a related song by Okazaki Ritsuko (Morning Grace) and simply love its beautiful melody. I'm sure the anime itself shares the same beautiful trait.

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

Quote by EnchanterI'd love to see this anime as well. I heard a related song by Okazaki Ritsuko and simply love its beautiful melody. I'm sure the anime itself shares the same beautiful trait.

it does...each ep features a famous song from famous plays like the nutcracker, swan lake, sleeping beauty etc. talkin of beauty well ive said it b4...the artwork..
an if u can actually figure out the first ep...well hats off to u!

Signature

Just saw episode 1 and love it! I notice that almost all the orchestral pieces played on the episode are Tchaikovsky's works. Will the subsequent episodes also feature works from other composers? (not that I hate Tchaikovsky, being in truth an avid lover of his works). As for the first episode, I think it's obvious that any explanations go with the next episodes. It's pretty straightforward storyline-wise.

Do you know in which year Princess Tutu aired? Since the OP/ED songs are sung by Ritsuko OKazaki, it has to be before 2004 (year of her passing).

Cheers!

p.s.

Never mind. I found an article on Wikipedia. Here is a link for those of you also interested: Princess Tutu

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

you think its straitforward storyline wise! now thats a diff opinion from what i heard...but if u like it u should continue with the rest of the series...make sure u don stumble upon spoilers b4 u finish it lol

Signature

ryue

ryue

princess romina

ya well ive seen it n ...i really liked the ending! i mean...it was soo unexpected..even though some of the episodes were a little bit confusing ...

As far as episode 1 goes, it is definitely straightforward, aka non-confusing, and I believe some explanations on what happened near the end will be offered in subsequent episodes. It definitely does not fall victim to word mumbo-jumbos that plague, for example, Evangelion and RahXephon. The story-telling is coherent too, hence my definition of 'straight-forward'.

Cheers!

Synister

Synister

white fang

hey princess tutu...yeah...i remember that...truth be told i never expected it to end That way!
lol fakir is my fav char...he a knight ..after all! although...this story inside a story ...kinda confuses me...i mean...whos for real...whos alive n whos not? lol a duck...that becomes a girl that becomes a princess...whos actually a character from a book..! and the whole thing is being controlled by a ...writer?!
^_^' not my cup of tea...enjoyable though!

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

Quote by synisterwhos alive n whos not? lol a duck...that becomes a girl that becomes a princess...whos actually a character from a book..! and the whole thing is being controlled by a ...writer?!

yeah well...drosselmeyer a dead writer who comes back and controls the characters of his book...it is complicated...

Quote by ryueya well ive seen it n ...i really liked the ending! i mean...it was soo unexpected..

i know what ur saying...i didnt expect it to end that way either...but it was kinda satisfying...not exactly a happy ending for all...but still...they did justice to it..

Quote by EnchanterAs far as episode 1 goes, it is definitely straightforward, aka non-confusing, and I believe some explanations on what happened near the end will be offered in subsequent episodes. It definitely does not fall victim to word mumbo-jumbos that plague, for example, Evangelion and RahXephon. The story-telling is coherent too, hence my definition of 'straight-forward'.

Cheers!

Lol..thanks for clarifying...im glad you found it non confusing...
tell me...are you planning to finish it?

Signature

Quote by Rue-chan
Lol..thanks for clarifying...im glad you found it non confusing...
tell me...are you planning to finish it?

No doubt I will.

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

Quote by EnchanterNo doubt I will.

well im sure ull like it. though the first few eps are a bit typical magical girl shouju anime ...ull like it more towards the end.

Signature

I'm up to episode 5 and liking all the more with every step. Limiting the speed I'm watching (1-2 episodes per day) so as to appreciate all of it better. This show is truly brimming with Tchaikovsky's arts! :D

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

Quote by EnchanterI'm up to episode 5 and liking all the more with every step. Limiting the speed I'm watching (1-2 episodes per day) so as to appreciate all of it better. This show is truly brimming with Tchaikovsky's arts!

lol im glad! :D so..do u like fakir too?
after u finish we can talk some more! :)

Signature

This anime is amazing! I've watched scattered episodes but I love them all. It pulls classic ballets, fairy tales, and even shakespeare stories out in wonderful detail. It's really a great show to watch!

I'm up to episode 13 and can't ever find the right words to express my awe at its superb execution, i.e. how the Swanlake OP. 20 theme fits the dance/battle between the two swan princesses on the lake, how Edel was given the final honor of watching the Pas de Deux between the princess and the prince and how the 13th episode is as effective a concluding episode as far as half the season goes.

It has been a long time since I was genuinely entertained by such a classic. Slayers was the last one, bar none other. I can't believe I missed this show when it originally came out in 2002. Yes, I am watching Princess Tutu painstakingly slowly to better appreciate each episode and not miss a thing.

I thought at first that this anime would be boring since it's music is classical and it's a fairytale type anime but I really liked it once I watched some episodes.

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

Quote by EnchanterI'm up to episode 13 and can't ever find the right words to express my awe at its superb execution, i.e. how the Swanlake OP. 20 theme fits the dance/battle between the two swan princesses on the lake, how Edel was given the final honor of watching the Pas de Deux between the princess and the prince and how the 13th episode is as effective a concluding episode as far as half the season goes.

It has been a long time since I was genuinely entertained by such a classic. Slayers was the last one, bar none other. I can't believe I missed this show when it originally came out in 2002. Yes, I am watching Princess Tutu painstakingly slowly to better appreciate each episode and not miss a thing.

i am so glad you share my view, like you said this anime is truly a very very well executed one, the artwork, the storyline, the characters, the surreality of it all...it honestly deserves more credit than it gets....

too bad so few people have seen it...one main reason is the title...people tend to go by the name...too bad...theyve missed a real treat..

Quote by yamamotoyohkoI thought at first that this anime would be boring since it's music is classical and it's a fairytale type anime but I really liked it once I watched some episodes

you have only watched a few episodes? well go on and see it completely...:) itll be worth it..

Signature

Quote by Rue-chan
too bad so few people have seen it...one main reason is the title...people tend to go by the name...too bad...theyve missed a real treat..

Can't argue with you there. That is probably the reason why I did not even spare a thought for the show when it came out in 2002. It is only recently when I heard Morning Grace and, being a sucker for Ritsuko Okazaki's songs, I became very intrigued with Princess Tutu. Your thread is the final push. :D

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

youve only seen season 1 and ur so excited ..trust me by the end of the series u wont be dissapointed. its an ending fittin of the series..

been a long time since i saw it...now that u talk about it..i remember, the swan lake ep.

yeah...the dark, beautiful rival and the white princess...the setting the background...and the heartless prince himself coming up to dance...

and the end when mytho asks ahiru to dance with him...oh well thats season 1.
season 2...well..wont b a fairytale...but...wont say more :)

Signature

Synister

Synister

white fang

i however wish it ended differently u know....i mean..after all...ahiru...oh well..

ryue

ryue

princess romina

yes , the ending of season 1, was better than that of season 2. at lest, fakir and ahiru should have had a diff fate..

Ahiru should have become a girl at the end and got together with Fakir.

awwww! princess tutu! i started watching this anime because i am a ballet dancer. it was such a beautiful anime though and i loved the music. =) i think ahiru is some a wonderful protagonist.

Yeah. Ahiru is a great protagonist. She's a great dancer too. I like her attire.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.