Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WitchBlade - The Anime - Minitokyo

WitchBlade - The Anime

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Ugh, the category is not yet available, I happen to have some free time so why not?

________
Has anyone seen this new awesomeness yet?
If you haven't here are a few tastebud enticing things you should know...
- Hot Mom
- Hot action
- A loli
- Great background story courtesy of Top Cow
- Mark Silvestri and Mike Turner approved art
- Superior Opening tune and ending tune.
- Nice Opening
- Plenty of Boobs and fanservice, without neglecting the meaning of the show.
________

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9238/11463606176221tw.th.jpg

Related sites:

http://www.witchblade.jp/

Subber(s):
http://www.bakakozou.com/ H264 Format/ MKV format only.
episode 1-3 subbed by SHS..etc, in AVI.

Here is the sypnopsis:
Modified from a poorly scripted synopsis from FansubTV
Category: TV
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama
Themes:
Year: 2006
Studio: GONZO�DIGIMATION, Top Cow Productions Inc.

In the near future, there are two syndicates seeking for the strongest powers. They are Doji Heavy Industry developing the ultimate weapon, and NSWF creating superior humans through manipulating genetic structures and genetic science.
What they want is "Witch Blade" that only selected women can wield, and the power to control it completely.
Six years after a massive earthquake, Amaha Masane and her daughter Rihoko (Riko) arrived to the desolated sunken cities of Tokyo, seeking asylum away from an organization that seeks to protect the welfare of children by forcefully adopting them, which Amaha cannot agree with, and thus escaped with her daughter to Tokyo. Little did they know of the latest bloody killings and incidents that are ravaging the alleys of Tokyo and even lesser they know that they are tied to the intrigue mystery. What awaits them?

- verdict
I personally enjoy the first episode, the well done opening, although not too flashy, highlights moments of the show that seems worthy of attention, as well as the great song, which strums action and adrenaline which is to be expected in later parts.
The ending chills down with a touching little number and very chill out beats, and sweet relaxing vocals, while seemingly highlighting the mother and daughter's feelings of unable to be together.
The action showcases little, but fluid animation from Gonzo is highlighted as well as showcasing the importance of the attention to detail armor of the WitchBlade when awaken.
I like how they managed to tell of history of characters short and sweetly, while not sacrificing details, and then of course, the main part of the meal, the witchblade action was really well done. I can only expect to see more good than anything else.

A scan that was not in the galleries due to dimensions:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7792/11453312617563fa.jpg

The first episode:

Spoiler (show)

Dreaming of something, dunno what, Amaha Masane was having a nice deep sleep, when she was awaken by her Daughter Riko, who tells her they have arrived to Tokyo, they are on a rusty old boat, and some funnies and fanservice here, a quiet conversation blah blah....

forward to a murder scene, someone or something drilled a man apart, police investigators gather looking for clues and managed to detain a seemingly drunken man, meanwhile, a specs wearing man, who seemed related to a company is observing the happenings at this murder scene and receives commands from his superior to follow the detainee.

Then forward to the mother and daughter having a meal... when they are confronted from the said agency they are escaping from. After being caught, they went into discussion who should take the child. Through some heavy persuasion, Amaha reluctantly signed the agreement to let them take Riko away to stay with them.

Halfway, she realized her mistake and immediately gave chase, through an intense car chase with Amaha's limited car driving skills, she crashed the stolen police car.

Rescued, she was sent to detention/ jail, little did she or anyone realize that drunken man was also there, and something is making him very crazy, that madness ravaged, and he morphed into some kinda talking drill (which I have no idea how to mention), and thus, attacked everyone there and killed them, then went to search for Amaha who is cowering in the cell, hurt by something inside her as she writhed in pain.

(at this point, Riko was escaped from the asylum or agency by telling the lady she needed to use the loo, and jumped out of the window. With the help of a camera man, she managed to persuade him to look for her mom, where they arrived at the scene of action at the jail/detention center )

Then something happened, she transformed and the WitchBlade awakens, with some smooth moves, she gave the talking drill a VIP treatment and quickly finished him off. Turning away, she was being filmed and followed by two people, the cameraman, and the specs wearing fella seen at the murder scene earlier, however, she seemed unaware, and continued to search for her daughter after she escapes the scene.

However, she seems weakened, probably by some tranquilizers being shot at her from a distance without her being aware of. Slowly she reverted back to human form, and fainted while calling out her daughter's name one last time.

If you haven't seen this, I recommend it.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

samu02

Back to Basics

My mouth is watering...
Hope a copy of it comes out in my country.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

I've already downlaoded it since 2 days ago and will watch it in a few hours ^^

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

The anime looks promising. New take on Witchblade. I love it so far. Hopefully this anime wont dissappoint. *The mom has big boobies hehe*

Delgados

God is the creation of man.

where do i find the media play to support it

In truth we search for euphoria.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by Delgadoswhere do i find the media play to support it

classic media player
VLC player
use google.
episode one is only available in MKV till further notice

Signature Image

Delgados

God is the creation of man.

thax soooo much :)

In truth we search for euphoria.

I saw the first episode. The looks are good. So far the story still needs to be explained so yeah. =D they'll do it probably next episode. It looks awesome though

will definately watch this one.
from the original comic book itself she was already eye-candy, can't wait to see her done anime style. <3

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by querybotwill definately watch this one.
from the original comic book itself she was already eye-candy, can't wait to see her done anime style. <3

Unfortunately, the main character of the anime is not the same one from the comic. It's a different take on the witchblade comics. The anime isn't about Sara Pezzini, instead its about a mother named Masane. Like someone said earlier, the story is not yet explained because the anime just started, so we will have to wait and see what's going on. I'm looking forward to this anime!

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

yeah, that said, I actually do not like Sara Pezzini she asks too much irrelevant questions... and well, she just cannot accept her own fate, the only time she ever revealed her true nature was a bloody short time in between some issues when she met up in "Family Ties" saga with Darkness, who is the male side of the WitchBlade.
Heh... if needed to, that Samurai dude could easily kick her ass too...

Oh I wonder if they will adapt the story part where her boyrfriend, will become the wielder of WitchBlade instead.

Signature Image

BalorYF19

BalorYF19

God of Death

Yea i've download teh first comple of episodes and so far, looks good. I just like to no if there giong to do anything else for this comic. They have already made it into a series on TNT in 2001 and now it's a anime, looks like the movie is next. Just hope if they do make a movie that it does suck like Dardevil or Electra.

Also hoping this anime series comes out good

OH and the mom is HOT!

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Finally the other episodes are released... I was wondering how long will that take.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.