Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FFX2, Defeating Paragon and what the hell... - Minitokyo

FFX2, Defeating Paragon and what the hell...

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Okay my babies back when my PS2 was still functional I was making my way through the sub-levels of Bevelle and after have the devil's own task coming up with a strategy to defeat Lady Yunalesca's snake form I finally made it down to the second to the last guy...Paragon. Now-WHAT THE HELL! It is impossible to defeat him! Now tell me does he get stronger the more game+'s you accumulate or is he just that insanely strong? I got down there and the way it was going I found that if I didn't defeat him in three (3) hits, I would die. Now yes I went through and got the Invincible (oh and Immortality only lasts for like two hits), he's the only monster/boss that has Dark Matter so I can't even make the Miracle Drink and PLEASE HELP! Now I know the perfecting ending isn't all that to shake a stick at but this is bugging the holy hell out of me. Is there a way that all three ladies can transform into their large Dressphere at the same time or am I just shit out of luck? :angry:

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

as much as i would hate 2 admit that i played this game, i had no choice but 2 beat it- it is a final fantasy game, after all.

nope, they can't transform into their oh-so-powerful forms at the same time. first time i fought paragon i did the constant barrages of 9999-non-stop until i killed him.....and then i found out i had 2 fight someone even harder after that fight. trema, or whatever his name is. anyway if u want 2 know a quick way 2 kill paragon with a little luck, then here goes:

1. u need the cat nip item-put it on yuna.
2.keep yuna as a gunner-type.
3.when the fight starts, let one of your teamates get her health down low-if paragon didn't already do that.
4.then whenever her turn comes up, proceed 2 trigger happy the hell out of him-most likely it'll be about 15 hits-he'll have about 50,000 HP left
5.rinse and repeat.

and if u don't have that item, then you'll most likely see "game over" every time u try 2 fight him. but if u beat him without it, then i envy u.

Signature Image

Oh...okay that sound good...thanks love when I get a new PS2 or wait for eternity to get my PS3 I'll totally try that woo hoo!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

He's much easier to fight in Oversoul form, because a few of his physical attacks will almost always miss.

Quote by DarklyreHe's much easier to fight in Oversoul form, because a few of his physical attacks will almost always miss.

Tch I never knew that...course you maybe the only one that is true for love for even in my Oversoul form...he still handed my ass to me. *cries*

Signature Image

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

you'd want to oversoul him so most of is physical attacks miss. the easiest way to beat him is to bribe him for about 2m gil or get 777 on the gambler DS slots. that way you are fresh with the battle for Trema

Signature

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

man, even if u oversoul paragon, he has one move that almost ALWAYS wrecks my entire party. that stupid final impact keeps killing everyone before i can even get a turn to heal or revive them. it reminds me of that perdition's flame move that angra mainyu kept using on me.........

Signature Image

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

it helps if you have high speed and luck. i'd reccomend two girls in mascot DS and one in a gambler DS.

Signature

Besides the Cat Nip/Gunner in critical trick, you can try using the Mascot DS on all three girls, and giving them HP%+ and Def+ items (Crystal Bangles and Crystal Gloves). In Rikku's case, try and give her the Spellspring ability (Ragnarok), since she'll be your main healer (she needs to have mastered White Magic). Put everyone on the Higher Power GG, and get Yuna and Paine to switch DS's until they activate Break Damage Limit. Constantly heal with Rikku, and have Yuna and Paine use Black Sky, Sparkler, and MAYBE Moogle Beam and Cactling Gun (not sure if these will trigger Big Bang). Whatever you do, don't use any attacks that go through Protect or Shell, like Darkness. To get around Genesis, try to have someone use a Mega Phoenix right before he uses Genesis. If you time it right, it'll activate even if you die.

If you can get past Paragon, then Trema is a joke. Throw Mana Springs at him, use Magicide, whatever, to rip off his 999 MP. All he'll do is do chain attacks for around 3000 HP at 200 Def. At 50% and 25% health, he'll use Meteor, even if he has no MP. If you strip his MP you won't have to worry about Demi, Flare, or Ultima.

cat nip.....at first I thought it was impossible to beat but yeah have some elixers, mega pheonix, drain his mp and have one person cure at least every round.

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

catnip is a godsend XD

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.