Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Weak anime girls... - Minitokyo

Weak anime girls...

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

What do you guys think about weak anime girls who constantly need another male character to protect them?
It's always a pretty, little girl with a very girly voice, and yelps or cry out helplessly when attacked... :sweat:
Personally i can't stand those anime girls who are totally over-dependent on the 'heroic' anime guys. These days anime does have more strong, independent women eg. Temari from Naruto, or the main girl from Ghost in Shell etc...
Does guys really like those kind of girls? i suppose they are somehow cute, and maybe strong guys would automatically want to protect them...
i'm really interested to hear what you guys think! :)

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

hanajimawaves

hanajimawaves

Rogue Dremer

i noe wat u mean, wen i first started watching anime i was like wat the?!stand up 4 urself! dammit, how can a guy fall 4 a girl like that?! Though there r independent girl characters appearing more often so thats good. i dont really noe if guys really like that sort of girl cos im a girl and definitely not that sort.

that's why the anime i watched are mostly heroine dominants...
my Mai-Otome and all...female rules all! XD

I can't stand the weak girls, and I have to agree with quills, do guys actually fall for them? That just boggles my mind... they're SO annoying. Maybe that's why I don't have a boyfriend, I don't scream enough. lol, jk- its actually 'cause I don't want one right now, but still...

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

How bout Saber, Rider, Caster from Fate/Stay Night? Ok, back to topic, in anime, it is pretty common for the damsel to be in distress, then the knight in shining armor saves her. (Sorry for the cliche). In real life, I find it a bit offensive if females were actually like that. I mean, equality common.

as a girl i don't really pay much attention to them, though i don't really mind them at all. i mean a danzal in distess in many times needed, but i really hate it when they ALWAYS need the guy and never learn to stick up for themselfs.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Well i think most people would have the opinion that their cute and adorable but i usually find myself liking the character who's more outgoing and fun. Taste is the same in real life, although cute girls are pretty and all that rather than having to protect someone i would rather have a hilarious comrade to hang out with. I think Asa Shigure from Shuffle would best demonstrate that type of person. Strong personality, energetic and anyone who can take and give insults in fun.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

Kagome from Inuyasha.... every single time the enemy attacks her, she screams for Inuyasha to help her. Argh.

Good point. They are really annoying.. In my view as a girl anyway. I mean, they're cute in a way and often a guy usually would feel responsible to protect a girl, in both anime and real life...

I still prefer someone who can stand up for themselves.

wraith11

wraith11

The Alfa Bloke

Ok, as a bloke the "cutesy-help-me" type in animes just tend to annoy me.
Having had to put up with it in real life... well not the heroic part... but with the whinging, complaining and the like ("My feet hurt", "can we stop now?", "when's the transport comming?" - answers: "and?", "no", "never") I can definately say the helpless type is pretty much always a recepie for disaster.

Personally, I'd prefer to have someone who could pull their weight.

Wraith 11

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV - Heaven on a transaxel
http://wraith11.deviantart.com/

I prefer characters,who can stand for themselves,who are not so helpless and who don't depend much on others.Sometimes this cute type of girls really annoy me.

RengekiShin

RengekiShin

-LoneRedWolf-

Lol, Sakura from Naruto has become pretty tough..(if you read the manga that is, but I don't want to spoil everything), and yeah, girls who can help themselves are very much welcomed in my life...

Signature

after 5 seasons of sailor moon, non stop watching, i've definitely had enough of cry-babies.

it's great to have a moment of weakness, and to depend on others, it adds a more human side to the female characters

as long as they keep it in proportions, make them independent, but have a weakness to balance their strong will.

gekiganger

Reckless Flyer

well it would be annoying if it's always like that :D try to look for something different :D thats why there are some anime girls like that and some who are mainly somehow independent :D

Rock n Roll FIRE!!
:D SIG DISABLED :D
Rock n Roll FIRE!!

Girls should definitely be considered stronger. :)

Some boys prefer weak girls maybe because of their image of ideal girls, like "Yamato Nadeshiko" stuff. I, personally, like weak girls because I love the feeling of being needed, lols

I can't stand weak girls that are constantly being saved, it's very annoying. If I was the hero I think that I would be fed up saving one person over and over again.

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

Weak girls? C'mon, its really rare for me to find a 'weak' anime character in general. Physical strength isn't the only way to determine if someone is strong.

This thread offends me. There's nothing wrong with a girl needing help if she can't keep up with the fighting. It's realistic, not to say that girls can't fight like guys, but not every girl is a fighter.

So obviously my answer is no. It may be annoying to the viewer, but I'm sure whoever is saving her is more concerned with the fact that her life is in danger and I hope any guy would do the same for someone who was important to them.

Though I also prefer girls who can take care of themselves, there is certainly nothing wrong with those who can't. (physically) Usually those girls have strong hearts or are very kind. That I think, makes up for not being able to knock someone through a wall...

Signature Image

They are making weak anime girls as oposite to the strong and energetic ones. That way the main character( and anime fans) can choose do they like to be superman ( or perfectman) to his girl or do they like to be terrorized by his strong love:D

And it depends. Do you mean psychic weaknes or do you mean girls weak in strenght

Quote by UchihaTaijiyaWeak girls? C'mon, its really rare for me to find a 'weak' anime character in general. Physical strength isn't the only way to determine if someone is strong.

This thread offends me. There's nothing wrong with a girl needing help if she can't keep up with the fighting. It's realistic, not to say that girls can't fight like guys, but not every girl is a fighter.

So obviously my answer is no. It may be annoying to the viewer, but I'm sure whoever is saving her is more concerned with the fact that her life is in danger and I hope any guy would do the same for someone who was important to them.

Though I also prefer girls who can take care of themselves, there is certainly nothing wrong with those who can't. (physically) Usually those girls have strong hearts or are very kind. That I think, makes up for not being able to knock someone through a wall...

I agreed with you *raising both hands and feets* that are a REAL speech u got. A "weak" female charater are doing nothing wrong, how abotu imaging how romance it is when the "princess" got rescued, see mine point? However, if a she or they, as for general, are too weak as physical and mind then that are boring so boring that they wouldnt dare to make it to anime.

I like both types of girl, each has their special and weakness:

First, "strong" female charater: usually have less feminine than "weak" female one. By this I mean physical. Second, "strong" one usually beat up the bad guy before the male character appear, so there are less romance. Third, "strong" female usually have weak mind and often use their physical strength cover their weaknesses, and feminine. Motoko from LoveHina for example, she use violence to denied her weakness, which is in love with Keitaro, but later on she accepted it. (good for her but not Keitaro, who is good for nothing guy but have ton of hot babes. ^_^). And yes i do like "Strong" girls like Motoko and Naru in Love Hina or Asuna, Setsuna, Evageline-chan, and Kaede in Negima. Kagome and sango in Inuyasha, Akane in Ranma 1/2 and many more i cant list all of them there are many *apologizing to the anime girls that i think of that i cant list their names*

And just like "uchiha Taijiya" just said about the "weak" female character. I also like "weak" character like Shinobu from Love Hina, Konoka and Nodoka and Chisami/Chiu-san in Negima and many more. By the way if u read this far please except my thank for being patient. cya somewhere in this site.

ElvishImmortal

ElvishImmortal

Spellweaver

Speaking from a guy's standpoint, the average male likes to be the 'leader' in relationships, meaning that he likes a girl that wont be SO assertive that she will constantly undermine his judgment (or w/e u wish to call it) Also, many guys think that is cute. I'm not saying anything against the female race :), believe me, I like them very much! However, in anime, I do find that whole 'Im weak save me from so and so' attitude getting to be sort of old. Its been done over and over and over again so many times, it's hard to count. But, that is an extreme. On the other hand, take Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Shes the strong, assertive, 'IM THE BEST' type, but in the first few episodes, dont you get kind of annoyed with her? Her assertiveness is brought to the forefront with indecisive chara. like Shinji and Rei, so it's even more apparent. So my point is that extreme's in both areas i dont likevery much.

Davinator61

Davinator61

Inquisitor Lord, Ordo Malleus

Personally I find a balanced pairing (physically, mentally & emotionally) of Strong Masculine & Weak Feminine Anime Characters with each their own strengths and weaknesses to be preferable to only strong or only weak. It makes for a more balanced storyline. Any good Manga or Anime writer knows this simple truth. J. R. R. Tolkien, who authored the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy in Western European literature, applied this basis for two of his main characters from the series: Arragorn, future king of Gondor & Arwen, daughter of Lord Elrond of the Elves. Arragorn was a masculine warrior character of great skill who seemed to relish dispatching Orcs, Urukh-Hai, & Rock-Trolls. Yet he always suffered from self-doubt and a feeling of unworthiness of being the future Great King. Arwen was quite a gentle, passivistic feminine healer character who all but wasted away as Sauron's darkness threatened to engulf Middle Earth. Yet she was willing to fight the Black Riders to the death if needed for Frodo Baggins' life like a true Warrior Princess. Oh sure, "Weak Anime Girls" are "cute", sometimes to the point of being nausiatingly so, but they are usually NOT mature enough to handle a crisis situation without a strong Masculine character stepping in to pull their little lace frillies out of the fire. Their beauty only goes as far as a helpless child's can and no further. If somehow they can learn to counterbalance with their "Leading Man's" own weaknesses with inner strength that they perhaps didn't realize existed within themselves then their characters would blossom & mature into a more sure-of-one's-self female lead character. The only problem is that the authors of such frilly-fluff foolery are themselves most likely writing about their own insecurities with their own male-female relationships and the weak females they write about are either about how they wish women would be or about how they feel about themselves, depending on the author's gender. Don't get me wrong, they are appealing to those of us who have very strong protective instincts for someone who's cute, cuddly & utterly defenseless. But would you not agree that there are times when you would just love to grasp said Bishoujo by her frilly little blouse-collar with both hands, lift her up off her feet 'til she's nose-to-nose with you & roar at the top of your lungs at her:

"STOP BEING SUCH A SPINELESS COWERING WIMP, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, AND FIGHT YOUR OWN BATTLES FOR ONCE!"?

Just my two cents worth...

For the enemies of Humanity are many, chief amongst them being the Minions of Chaos & the foul Daemons of the Warp. Signature

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Thanks for all the replies! :) i enjoyed reading all the different opinions and comments.
To those i offended, i'm sorry about that >_< i really didn' intended on offending anyone, and i want to explain that by what i mean by 'weak girls' is those who are weak psychologically.
Of course there's nothing wrong with being weak! ^^ Put me in a battle and i don't think i'll do any better than any of the 'weak' anime girls!
But for those who understood what i meant~ the girls who constantly refuse to make a change in themselves and basically potray an image of female being weak irritates me. And that's my personal opinion (don't we all do? ;D). Anyone can disagree with me ^^
i just think there has to be a balance of strengthes and weaknesses, i don't think girls should simply allow the guy to do ALL the work and allow males to start calling females to be 'frail' creatures... because girls are not frail. She may not be able to fight in a battle, she may be weak physically: ultimately i think a girl may become stronger psychologically through experiences-- at least be prepared at time. i don't expect all the time because sometimes it's impossible...
But it's nice to see all the different point of views! :)

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

This is an interesting thread; personally, I find the "weak girl" arctype irritating, since I've had to put up with girls like that, who can't deal with something, or can't back up a reason with fact.
Do you think the reason we find something irritating is that, in some way, it reminds us of our own faults, flaws, insecurities, etc.?

I find the mentally stronger female character to be more interesting, since she will most likely take the situation into account, and such, and be able to devise a plan that probably will work.
Of course, I'm a militant femenist female, which doesn't mean it's impossible to appreciate a kind gesture from the opposite gender. However, the theory that all of womankind should be quiet and subserviant really makes me frustrated-honestly, when are all these inane stereotypes going to die out?

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

mitsuki in fullmoon wo sagashite! the anime is not all action and stuff but she cannot protect herself! that's why she has that wisel fron takuto and she almost died so many times! but takuto always show up at the right monent.. (dammit)

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.