Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Weak anime girls... - Minitokyo

Weak anime girls...

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

orihime in bleach, her huge breasts and idiotic face and stupidity was supposed to turn ppl on but i dont feel anything, japan ppl have such strange fetishes

Weak anime girls? Hm interesting point. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the archtype of a girl screaming for help when she's attacked. Oh sure, you rant about it, but think for a second, quite often these girls are -normal- people, stuck in abnormal and even frightening situations. What would you do if all of a sudden a huge demon was attacking you? Or you were about to die? I'm betting you would scream for help, or run ._.

There are different types of strength, one can have a strong mind, and a weak body, one can scream and flinch yet still be their for their friends. It's not annoying, in fact, it's normal. What would be annoying is if they just decided to lay down, do nothing, and die. To me that's far weaker then a girl who presses on, but cries when scared.

merged: 07-13-2006 ~ 10:27pm
Weak anime girls? Hm interesting point. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the archtype of a girl screaming for help when she's attacked. Oh sure, you rant about it, but think for a second, quite often these girls are -normal- people, stuck in abnormal and even frightening situations. What would you do if all of a sudden a huge demon was attacking you? Or you were about to die? I'm betting you would scream for help, or run ._.

There are different types of strength, one can have a strong mind, and a weak body, one can scream and flinch yet still be their for their friends. It's not annoying, in fact, it's normal. What would be annoying is if they just decided to lay down, do nothing, and die. To me that's far weaker then a girl who presses on, but cries when scared.

hayate392

hayate392

#1 Badass MUAHAHAHHA

I HATE THEM TOO!
o(^---^)o
Short response...

#1 Badass 21st Century Killing Machine
Signature

Well, I do like the indipendant girl types rather than the "OMG, save me, save me!" types.
A girl in trouble is something that may happen, but for someone to be like that 24/7, 360 days/year... Well I pitty them.

If they had a reason to be scared and weak, e.g. psychological trauma, then it's understandable and is part of their character. But Risa in D.N.Angel anime is just someone you can be born to hate. XD

Wow. It's neat to see a thread with well-thought out responses.
I also believe that the weak female cliche is old. There are very few people who are entirely helpless in every situation you put them in. There are far more assertive women out there than anime would show. Not that anime is realistic anyway.

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

I don't mind it at all. Though, it's all got to do with the target audience. If you constantly see anime with only weak anime girls, then you must be looking at the wrong place. I see lots of anime where a girl is tough and hell, sometimes a guy is weak.

pigoutgirl8

pigoutgirl8

Pulchritudinous.Rosebud

i'm fine with weak girls ... i just don't like weak AND girly girls.

I don't see many 'weak' girls. I mean, colette in tales of symphonia for example (thats a game) Is physically weaker but VERY strong mentally and emotionally, so really, the cliched 'weak' girl things must be pretty old (Or maybe i'm just wierd). >_<

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Haha, this is a common cliche. Damsels in distress, but nowadays you see more of girls kicking butt than weaklings. I thought I would hate Mikuru from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, but they were mostly poking fun at her, so it was alright in my books. But yes, they can get annoying, especially when they keep calling their hero over and over *cough* Relena from Gundam Wing. *cough*

I think the same as you.I can't stand that kind of characters.I prefer the female characters that are strong enough to protect themselves.
Honestly,my favorite female characters on anime are the villains,like empress Dakki on Soul Hunter.

Arrowny

Arrowny

the Wafflecopter

i used to date someone just like those anime girls. another thing they do is pull all the strings.

I think having weak girls is actually not needed in anime. I believe sticking up for one's self is much better but than there are those girls who are weak. Than again even in real life, having some male person who is stronger and will protect by your side is something of every girls dream.

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Every story has to have the element of a damsel in distress sometime in its storyline.

stupid weak anime girls... everytime I see one (there's always one, no matter what you do!), I kind of want to kill her... ^^"

I HATE THEM! I mean come on, now! The guy can't be arround 24/7 to protect her! What happens if you get attacked alone? You gonna scream for for boyfriend? Sorry lady, but your boyfriend is on heavy booze! Dammit, get a backbone and do SOMETHING! At least throw some dirt in his eyes and run! Think about it, though. Who would actually date and fall for someone SO ANNOYING!? I would just find someone who is fun, outgoing but kind. End of story! (no lame-ass damesel in distress! YAY!)

I hate the mean anime girls. The ones that treat guys like complete and total shit, i.e. hitting them with baseball bats for no reason, blaming them for things for no reason, forcing them to do things for no reason, etc.

I hate the guys who take that kind of stuff more.

Though I have seen plenty of anime in which the girl kicks ass, so there aren't that many. But when the DO have that lame damesel-in-distress element, it gets under my skin and PISSES ME OFF! GET A BACKBONE! WHERE IS IT? NEXT TO YOUR NEW COAT AT HOME!? DAMMIT!

merged: 08-05-2006 ~ 04:56am
Though I have to agree with mystfyre. I hate the damsel in distress element, yet I hate the tormentive, overly agressive girls who beat on guys for no real reason as well.

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

I haven't rele saw too meny girls theat fit you're description soo far, but I sopose you're right. They could be a litle onoing, but I ghess they must have a motive to be around. Meby because of them the heroes are more motiveted and they find povers they never hade just o help them aut. Afther all, a "hero" is someone houw protects others and fights against evil. I think, theat if it whasen't for thise girls, they would ever have the determenation to do vhat they do.

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

I also know what you mean. I'am kinda sick of it, just as much as I'm tired of WWII shooters. :D

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Quote by kykyopjI haven't rele saw too meny girls theat fit you're description soo far, but I sopose you're right. They could be a litle onoing, but I ghess they must have a motive to be around. Meby because of them the heroes are more motiveted and they find povers they never hade just o help them aut. Afther all, a "hero" is someone houw protects others and fights against evil. I think, theat if it whasen't for thise girls, they would ever have the determenation to do vhat they do.

very true! ^^

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Ima girl but i can a girl that always need protection
id say tohru honda from fruits basket its either yuki or kyo!

i don't like 'weak girls' much because they really irritate me with their constant need of saving and in some cases their whiny voices... i think the stronger and more independent anime girls are more interesting n_______n

I don't really mind either way, although I do see why it is annoying to see the girl always in need of help. Perhaps the role of women in Japan is supposed to be more like that. As an American, I notice there are a lot of Tomboys in general.

Claa

Claa

Girl Strange

*Brazilian girl found the discussion interesting*

*Talking about the topic* Personaly, I don't like then at all. Weak anime girls are simply hard to stand... u_u'' They are always in trouble, asking for the *normaly* hero to save then... ¬¬'' Mitsuki in Full Moon, Mayura in Matantei Loki, Serena in Sailor Moon... A lot of crying girls whose can't take care of themselfs... >_>

*And I'm writing a lot of wrong words, I know.... o_o''*

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.