Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Weak anime girls... - Minitokyo

Weak anime girls...

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Usagi from sailor moon. i mean tuxedo mask is always there

It depends.. Most of the time I relate to them, cuz they're just so sweet! But there are times I can't stand it, like Kotori in X/1999...

I don't like it when the girls are too weak and don't have any personality or character, but there are some that are cute. I do like girls who can stand on their own two feet, but very manly girls aren't that cool either. Wouldn't you agree?

I guess it's all in the stereotypical mindset where females are supposedly more weaker of the two genders.

Personally......... I don't stand on any side
I don't really like them but I don't dislike them
But too much of the same thing can be rather repetitive and boring therefore I don't mind as long as they have variety of characters

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

I really do hate weak girls. always complaining, always crying, always needs help... idiotic and pathetic. I just wanna slap them. seriously.
like Sakura from Naruto 1... or like Orihime from Bleach...
I like girls like:
Rin (Fruits Basket)
Rukia (Bleach)
the one from Ouran ;)
Nana Osaki (Nana)
...etc
I think Temari is the best girl in Naruto by the way.

Saya from Blood +.. dunno why.. i gues her attitude after the vietnam war thing...

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I suppose many have said this before me, but I agree with the fact that weak girls are boring and annoying in anime. Especially when such a girl is the main character *cringes* A bit like Sailor Moon, although she eventually shows signs of great power, she's a crybaby in the beginning and all that there X-P

It's ok for anime girls to be a little weak, but not too weak. Makes the anime look stereotypical.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

I have my share of watching weak anime girls one example is Shinubu from Love Hina she is cute but I don't know why she constantly says I am sorry

actually, I don't mind weak anime girls. The way I see it, I look at them as being for humor because they are stereotypical.

Normally, I think of what I would do if I was in the same spot, and what I would do is poke fun out of them, tease em' a bit. But such girls, Shinobu, (as stated in above poster) is wonderful chief. I, however, am not, I'll would burn down the Hinata House and anyone in it, myself included. Using Shinobu as an example, she wouldn't prove much worth in say, the battlefield, making her and others like her dead weight. (in the battlefield)

infiniterising

infiniterising

Cosplay extraordinaire

it's the whole damsel in distress syndrome
even if you have a strong female character - odd are they'll end up being saved by a guy at some point and atleast temporarily become a cutsey girl - it sux but it's all over the place
-I'd say Yoriichi from bleach is a great female character - she saves ichigo pretty often and she can handle herself.
You go girl!

"Individuals who make their abodes in the vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting petrous projectiles."

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Quote by nyssiaI really do hate weak girls. always complaining, always crying, always needs help... idiotic and pathetic. I just wanna slap them. seriously.
like Sakura from Naruto 1... or like Orihime from Bleach...
I like girls like:
Rin (Fruits Basket)
Rukia (Bleach)
the one from Ouran ;)
Nana Osaki (Nana)
...etc
I think Temari is the best girl in Naruto by the way.

Well Sakura is doing pretty well in Naruto now ^^
i agree with you for voting Rukia as an independent, strong, and interesting character! She's my absolute favourite in Bleach.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Komaka

Komaka

Aoi Hime

Everything depends.If that girl don't try to stand for themselves and just go crying loudly,I hate them.But if they at least try to save themselves(even thought failed and need help in the end)thats what called a real girl.

hajimemizuki

hajimemizuki

~Forget everything~

I kinda like weak girls,makes you feel responsible somehow...but that doesn't really matters.
Weak anime girl...has to be Sakura from Tsubasa.

With my eyes,I'll watch over my future that had been set.With my hands,I'll rip my path and make my way.

I HATE sakura.. Haruno
Its annoying that she must be saved allways allways

oh wait i one is coming to me now bulma forogt about her she can be somewhat anyoing in some ways i almost said i odnt own anime that has weak anime women until i thought about dbz for a second some anime i own like kiddy grade, tekkaman blade, guyver bio booster ova out of control movie, ira and others i cant think in the time it depends on the character the female in the htellsing series she was being held captive by a vampire ourcurd shot to kill the vampire after words she became vampire herself.

Frankly, I don't mind characters that are physically weak. When it comes to types of strength, I would choose emotional strength over physical strength any day. But I don't really mind them being emotionally weak either. Rather, I mind it when they display consistently high levels of ignorance or stupidity, or go consistently whining for no reason at all. And yes, one can still have both physical and emotional strength, yet frequently get on my nerves. Kaori from City Hunter comes to mind. Still, I must admit that it's usually all-around weak characters that tend to have these annoying traits (eg: Chibiusa from Sailor Moon).

When I look at it though, most of the girls mentioned here are not all that weak when you consider it. Specifically, it's a probelm of perception. You're ignoring the times where the character shows her strength, and focusing on the times when the weakness comes through. For most female characters, stock damsels included, it is in fact the former that is more common and prominent.
I will also finish by pointing out that beaing able to ask for help when needed is a form of strength. There's a heck of a lot of people that can't do that.

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

I don t really like them.A good example would be the girl that falls for Dark from Dn Angel.She s ...ummm...annoying.Orihime from Bleach is not that weak,and neither is Kagome,or Sakura.I like strong girls but not the ones that are annoying like Temari from Naruto or Rel Mayer from Ergo Proxy.I like the main female character from Ghost in the Shell.She s really cool.Also I like Tsunade from Naruto.She s just awesome.Oh! Sakura is getting stronger and cooler.

Quote by MontyJGFrankly, I don't mind characters that are physically weak. When it comes to types of strength, I would choose emotional strength over physical strength any day. But I don't really mind them being emotionally weak either. Rather, I mind it when they display consistently high levels of ignorance or stupidity, or go consistently whining for no reason at all. And yes, one can still have both physical and emotional strength, yet frequently get on my nerves. Kaori from City Hunter comes to mind. Still, I must admit that it's usually all-around weak characters that tend to have these annoying traits (eg: Chibiusa from Sailor Moon).

When I look at it though, most of the girls mentioned here are not all that weak when you consider it. Specifically, it's a problem of perception. You're ignoring the times where the character shows her strength, and focusing on the times when the weakness comes through. For most female characters, stock damsels included, it is in fact the former that is more common and prominent.
I will also finish by pointing out that being able to ask for help when needed is a form of strength. There's a heck of a lot of people that can't do that.

I definitely do have to agree. Most of the time, it seems as if when stock-damsel-in-distress characters are used, the ones who people find the most annoying are often the ones who do have some sort of strength, whether emotional or physical, but at the same time don't really show it that often. As such they become whiny and annoying. For me, I tend to look at things in a very critical light, and for all that I notice some shows of strength, it is the disproportion of those damsel-in-distress like moments to the moments where the characters show their better halves that really annoys me (such as Orihime - for all that she is strong, the fact that she's very damsel-like is really bugging me > . >)

i get what you mean
it's like in the eye of society, female still need the protection of the male population (YEA RIGHT! girls can protect them self just fine!)
anway...i think the first strong female that comes to mind is Sango...(inuyasha...so long ago...)
i hate the stereotype that girls should be weak and helpless and let the guys do everything
I'M A GIRL AND PROUD OF IT! lol..getting off topic...>.<
weak girls that need protection all the time get on my nerve...
for example......can't think of any...mostly because i don't watch/read that kinda anime/manga

And the winner of the Oscar for the Most Useless Character in the first 200+ episodes in anime is.........Naruto's SAKURA......! for almost 10 season se did nothing but, nag & cry....ah! yeah! she cut her hair....! WOAH! shock there.....!
And of course the 2nd Oscar goes to Bleach's Orihime.....i mean.......come on.........and now she got herself into Hueco Mundo for about a month and still nothing.......!

I hate those kind of girls......

Nya~ weakness doesn't really matter to me. I just hate anime girls who are too childish like Kaora Suu from Love-Hina.. you know, characters that interrupt when it's getting interesting!

Signature
clannad-fans ayahirano-fans haruhisuzumiya-sos-dan rosario-vampire

i am a girl and i am the type that dont need to depend on men to get things done

i always prefer girls that can defend themselves and take care of their situation

sometimes its really pissing me off with those anime about weak female characters so i juz give that anime up

like in FF7, i prefer Tifa than to Aerith bcoz i like girls that can kick ass

juz my opinion, hope no 1 is offended

I TOTALLY AGREE! Weak girls are sooooooo annoying! They always need to be saved or something and end up in troblem. It is ridiculous

I don't mind the girl being weak, as long as she doesn't whine all the time.

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.