Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bleach... Boring Anime - Minitokyo

Bleach... Boring Anime

Tagged under Bleach

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

the fact is there are people who just automatically hate popular things... the instant something becomes popular, they'll drop it like a bad habit.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by kyokujitsuI completely disagree. First, commenting on the LanceVIII's post, Naruto is boring solely because of the year of boring, unoriginal repetitive fillers. Prior to this, the battles were well done, the animation was smooth and neat, and the storyline was quite good. The only downside I could think of is the main character.

And what is your definition of "mindless fighting". On to Bleach, this anime has a good storyline, with plenty of surprising twists, and there aren't any plot holes. If you bothered to actually watch the anime up to around ep. 63, perhaps you actually would appreciate and acknowledge the fact that this is definitely not a "mindless fighting" anime. Do you have any examples of anime that don't have "mindless fighting"?

To those few people that claim Bleach is "one of the overrated anime", do you have any reason to think that? Especially to songprayeryuna, you haven't even watched the anime and you claim that it's overrated? Are you suggesting that every single anime that is extremely popular is overrated?

If you're going to complain about something, at least give evidence to support your reasoning. To Hoduken, I get the impression that you haven't seen much of Bleach, espcially considering that you mentioned "the last episode", unless that was just bad sentence structure.

After that, I'm not going to bother commenting on the original poster. It's obvious that you haven't seen much of Bleach, and your arguments are both pointless and repetitive.

But looking back at this post, it does seem rather insulting. But as some people have already said, it was flame-bait.

Word to kyokujitsu here. You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth haha! I agree completely. W/o seeing the anime, one cannot say that Bleach is "overrated". Watch it before you judge it. Obviously if you think that Bleach or Naruto is nothing but "mindless fighting," think again. If you will judge the anime by the fillers, then i don't know to you. If you don't like the anime, then read the manga. "Outdated" and "being left behind?" Please. you think watching bleach would make a person "cool and popular?" You obviously got something else coming to u. This thread was asking to be flamed but it is a thread and the poster's opinion was voiced so, flame on!

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

Em, okay everyone have their different view...well, i must admit it bcos at the first eps it's seem too boring for me but I can't resist to find out more abt this series.

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

Yep, the first post was definitely asking for flaming, and the others who posted saying that they hated Bleach for one childish reason or another simply haven't got a clue what they're talking about. Bleach *is* original, because:

- Even though the modern samurai theme has been done before, I don't think Ichigo can be called a Samurai, but a death god (Soul Reaper, Shinigami or whatever) - which is original. Also, the concept of the Gotei13 (the 13 divisions) is pretty original, and most of the characters, even the secondary ones, are given an in-depth characterization, a thing that doesn't happen in other anime, popular or not.

- Bleach manages to avoid most cliches and brings out some rather original concepts, like the main female character who isn't super-attractive (when compared to other leading female characters like Lacus Clyne from GSD, for instance), but rather a normal person, with good and bad points. Same goes for all the other characters (Ichigo, Ishida - again, he seems to be a pretty original character, Sado, etc.)

- The animation and sound are both great (even though some particular songs on the OST were rather a poor choice, most of them are good); the fighting scenes are well-done and some of them are breathtaking (remember Ichigo vs. Byakuya, for instance)

- The plot is pretty catchy, especially after the pace picks up

There are many more arguments that can be brought - so, for short, Bleach is not boring to say the least.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by OdeenaYep, the first post was definitely asking for flaming, and the others who posted saying that they hated Bleach for one childish reason or another simply haven't got a clue what they're talking about. Bleach *is* original, because:

- Even though the modern samurai theme has been done before, I don't think Ichigo can be called a Samurai, but a death god (Soul Reaper, Shinigami or whatever) - which is original. Also, the concept of the Gotei13 (the 13 divisions) is pretty original, and most of the characters, even the secondary ones, are given an in-depth characterization, a thing that doesn't happen in other anime, popular or not.

- Bleach manages to avoid most cliches and brings out some rather original concepts, like the main female character who isn't super-attractive (when compared to other leading female characters like Lacus Clyne from GSD, for instance), but rather a normal person, with good and bad points. Same goes for all the other characters (Ichigo, Ishida - again, he seems to be a pretty original character, Sado, etc.)

- The animation and sound are both great (even though some particular songs on the OST were rather a poor choice, most of them are good); the fighting scenes are well-done and some of them are breathtaking (remember Ichigo vs. Byakuya, for instance)

- The plot is pretty catchy, especially after the pace picks up

There are many more arguments that can be brought - so, for short, Bleach is not boring to say the least.

^^agreed

souseta

souseta

MuPp3T*

Yea, I agree with most of the argument strengthen bleach...

if you think bleach is not good think again, or maybe you have think you are too mature for an anime now?,
or did you just judge book by its cover? you see the character is just original and not the bishounen type of guy? so you dont like it, or maybe some other reason I can't think of

In my opinion if you dont like it then thats your opinion and im not one to post things but if you dont like something then keep your damn mouth shut! I love it myself and I think its very interesting and I got alot of people I know to watch it and love it. I didnt read anything about what anime you liked better or what wasnt overrated? Anyways though I think anime like bleach, FMA, and cowboy bebop are great series but I not a fan of naruto but Ive never really watched it but im not going to leave stupid post about how bad it is.

I agree with alot there, not it all but alot. Bleach is very over-rated.

When I watched the first episode of Bleach, I was like...he is so overpowered, this so sucks.

Out of sheer boredom a few months later, I downloaded the released episodes until 35. I'd have to say after, Renji and Byakuya whoop Ichigo's ass, it begins to pick up from there. The first 16 episodes just seem like a really huge introduction of the main characters.

Anyways, like I said, it picks up from the after episode 16. Also, Ichigo turns out not to be so awesomely overpowered as originally thought. He beats like...2 more people decisively in soul society- Ikkaku who decided to be a knave in the battle and the gate guard. Everyone else he 'beat' looked more like a double KO whilst Byakuya just goes....'you win' and walks off. He could've used demon arts....but didn't. Thus it leads me to believe that Ichigo is not too unrealistically overpowered.

Also, the side characters kick ass. Yourichi....oh my god, breathtaking. And I'm just talking about her cat form. When she transformed, I actually just fell off my chair. There's only one character who I dislike and thankfully, she's not too major a character in the series.

Overrated? Compared to what? It's had like....years to gain plenty of fans. It's in the same magazine as Naruto, who by far, seems to have more fans if you look at FFnet figures. If anything, I thought it was rather underrated.

rabchil

rabchil

nejibana

sorry, you obviously are the type of person who sits down watching an anime/reading a manga and starts with a negative expectation.

personally i did not get hooked on bleach watching the anime. i watched it until maybe about episode 20 or so, and thought, "oh well, this is an OK, so-so anime." after that, i decided to find out MORE on why the hell Byakuya is such a freaking jerk. So i went and downloaded the whole chunk of manga and read it, hoping that I could find some information that would explain a lot of things that is left out in the anime.

i fell in love with bleach straight after i started on the manga.

it's just wrong for you to think that people just like bleach because it is popular. please don't think that you are too smart for the world of anime. people who watches anime are not stupid, they do not just like a certain anime just because the 'majority' does. you're just insulting us anime lovers' intelligence by spitting out this suggestion.

no one can refute you if you don't think the characters are cool. that is your choice. no one can refute you either if you said the anime doesn't give you any "heart beat". lay off drugs, if you're on any. they're bad stuff. the rest of your post is just on how 'boring' and non-pulse-racing for you, unlike other people who are so taken with bleach. that's you. congratulations on being so different.

if you don't like it, fine. it's a personal choice, personal opinion. keep it to yourself, don't flame other people and looking for people to flame you back.

helloooo.... i don think bleach is boring at all.. the storyline is good and the characters are very interesting.

n u think that we like bleach because it is popular? how outrages,, u know what,, even if it's 'outdated' i will still go for it! anyway, wat's wrong with samurais and the title to be named bleach? come on.. if u don't like it it's fine with me, but don't go moaning all over the place as if this anime's 'terribleness' is killing you.. its insulting for those who like it.

much better if bleach had continue with aizen and not doing with new character such as bounto...

Quote by LanceVIIIi completely agree with you man. bleach and naruto is boring. its ONLY popular because its overrated by people.

there are much better animes out there. but if u like mindless fighting then by all means, watch bleach

yep exactly...the only reason my sister watches Naruto and Bleach is because everyone else likes them...and you shouldn't be like that...don't like something because everyone else likes it...

Personally, I've never watched Bleach and I plan not to, there are better animes out there than that

well.... you've noted beside one of your "reasons" as personal opinion.... but basically they're all your personal opinion...

you may try to turn bleach fans away from Bleach by convincing them that your point is true for them too... but thats not very likely.

every anime got people who love it and people who hate it. theres no "Best Anime in the World" neither is there "Worst anime in the world". its all just in your mind.

I'd really suggest that you provide more concrete reasons as to why you think reason 1 - 10.

sry if im repeating points... i got no intrest in reading tru everything since they're prolly pretty much the same anyways

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

I agree that different ppl has different view and own liking,but saying bleach is boring is quite not right.The reason why people watch bleach becos its good,no one will say its good if its not good...Therefore if you don't like it,you should not give the idea of people was being "forced" to watch bleach becos its a popular anime and want to follow the line.

I watch cos i think its creative,first of all having lot of episodes is indeed quite tiring.But think about it,at least there is a new storyline coming in,no one want to watch an anime that has only one storyline like killing one group of enemies only and drag till 80+ still haven end.There are always new enemies and so on.By saying the characters not nice and heroine is ugly is definetly insulting those who think it is nice and also insulting the person who created it.No matter how you don't like it,at least respect the creator.Monster not scary? Its not even about monster at first...are you watching some horror show?

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

well.... you've noted beside one of your "reasons" as personal opinion.... but basically they're all your personal opinion...

you may try to turn bleach fans away from Bleach by convincing them that your point is true for them too... but thats not very likely.

every anime got people who love it and people who hate it. theres no "Best Anime in the World" neither is there "Worst anime in the world". its all just in your mind.

I'd really suggest that you provide more concrete reasons as to why you think reason 1 - 10.

sry if im repeating points... i got no intrest in reading tru everything since they're prolly pretty much the same anyways

Quote by Pisaro
P.S: Total overall 9/10 are disagree with me, uhm...well... nevermind.
from my point of view, you all love Bleach is not really the anime is nice, good or great... but because this anime is really famous and popular. You'll are scare to be scared with the word "OUTDATED" at your head if you do not watch bleach. You just scare to be throwaway or left behind if you do not watch this what we called popular anime "bleach"... huh.

Oh great, so you instantly categorize everyone who watches bleach as a follower, and not people who truly enjoy watching it. I enjoy watching it, it does give me a heartbeat, and I find it to be quite interesting. Sure, I can see how it is unoriginal in lots of ways, but who cares? I enjoy watching it, period.

For that matter, could you say that you're just one of those people who can't stand to be someone who likes what everyone else likes, and so instantly decries anything that achieves a moderate level of popularity? Do you see how unfair that statement is? I'm just saying think before you make broad generalizations that make you look like an idiot.

ShiXon

ShiXon

PFFFTT.

i haven't watched bleach yet but i really do hate anime with lots and lots of episodes no matter how good it is D:

HAY THARR.

I thought that Bleach was quite good! I have only watch until ep 50 but i still think that it's a pretty good show. Although the manga is better than the Anime as many cool things were cut out. However apparently it starts dragging later on in the storyline not at the beginning.

s2 * k i R i h i M e * s2
http://bleach-central.minitokyo.net]Bleach-Central
POT-ultimate

rorry

rorry

lineage&anime addict

Bleach may be famous, but that's NOT the reason i like it. Your reasons are logica; i hate how characters are drawn as well, but i'm intrested in animes concerning paranormal stuff, and about the battles, i love the effects. I really enjoyed the story line though the fillers are kind of boring. But i still think the anime is worth watchin, not because it's popular, but because it makes you wonder what will happen next.

Signature

i would like to disagree. technically, bleach has very good visuals and graphics. story-wise, it is very unique and exciting because you really cannot anticipate what will occur next. to add to that, there are so many charcters that provide many interesting back stories that will keep you wodner what the charcters connections are. it simply is great to watch their lives seamlessly intertwined with each other. it also gives us a glimpse of a possible alternative look at the grave. what we can expect. the notion of death is told in a manner that humor us and make us feel that there really is something to look out for in death.

What more is there to call this a good anime? i think that the filler is also a factor. if naruto failed miserable in their fillers, i think bleach did pretty well, because it is still somewhat related to the main story, and the way it is created with all those crazy bountos and theri deadly dolls, the shinigamis are really being given an interesting match-up. it is kinda fun and exciting to see them duel.

overll, bleach, in my opinion is a great anime. maybe for some it ain't, but for me, it is...

Signature

rabchil

rabchil

nejibana

Quote by chore-boy

Quote by LanceVIIIi completely agree with you man. bleach and naruto is boring. its ONLY popular because its overrated by people.

there are much better animes out there. but if u like mindless fighting then by all means, watch bleach

yep exactly...the only reason my sister watches Naruto and Bleach is because everyone else likes them...and you shouldn't be like that...don't like something because everyone else likes it...

Personally, I've never watched Bleach and I plan not to, there are better animes out there than that

My sympathy goes out to you for missing one of the best MANGA series in your entire life.

Hahaha, with Naruto and Bleach they're quite lovely up untill the fillers.

Also the plot change in Bleach around episode 50 is kind of interesting. Didn't expect that one and with him having such powers, I'm curious.

In general, you should watch these two series without the fillers... that's why I've stopped watching Naruto for now. The fillers just kill it.

It's treu that there is no superbe storyline, with political plots here and there. But they're still animes worth to watch.

If you're truly a storyline sucker, go watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes or PlanetES...

[url =http://groups.minitokyo.net/japaneselover/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]

Uhm.. >.> Bleach gets really, really boring in the third series.. It was almost agonizing to actually watch it. The first few episodes were all right, then it sort of started to drag out a little, as most long series do. I do like the character designs a lot, even though Ichigo looks like Kyo (Fruits Basket), and many of the other characters also look very similar to other anime characters, but somehow the show still shows its own uniqueness.

I actually dislike long anime, but Bleach actually kept me watching for quite a while. I give kudos to it, and probably if it weren't for the interesting characters I would never have kept watching it. (Although, I don't really like any of the main characters. ^^;)

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.