Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 hours being cut - Minitokyo

hours being cut

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Has had a job or know of any one who worked 1 or more years and had there hours cut. This has happed to me. I just got a memo saying that my hours will be cut. The thing is that I am not the only one that this has happen to. I have been working at a hotal on post for what is now 6 years. The last time things slowed down I was told to call in to see if I was needed but that lasted for a week. This is differnt. I was told that they have no idea when things will pick up. money wise i don't think I can wait this out.

My your light and dark Ka form the perfect BA.

http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=danielbgrisso

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

you mean a low demand period and you are being laid off working hours?
This is normal I guess, having worked before, whenever a hotel is not getting their numbers, they go for the staffing cut, your best chance is to find an alternative place to work as well.
But working for six years should put you on a lesser possible chance of hitting this, are you are casual worker of sorts?
Or permanent casual working?
Last time I had this was back at starbucks. they had to cut down cause I am working at the only starbucks that no one knows and no one thinks is "trendy" to go to.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I am consider a rpt. working from 8:00am to 3:30pm.

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

well until you get a new job think brightly the new recruits comng from tinker and them will fill up rather quickly in the summer fall months

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

Quote by beethovenwell until you get a new job think brightly the new recruits comng from tinker and them will fill up rather quickly in the summer fall months

That is if the miltery does not put them in to the beraks to save money because of the war.

I've had 8 jobs I get bored quickly and tend to move on my last job was at wal-mart I quit after two years(my longest job)I had the opisite problem I wanted less hours and they kept giving me more and people would get mad at me cause their hours were getting cut when I would of gladly traded with them.

Signature Image

Have you considered getting a skill or maybe going to college? College isn't for everyone, i understand. There are people who just aren't intelligent enough, but if you can go, a college degree guarentees a higher paying job than most jobs out there which don't require a degree. Another thing people do is move out of their parents' house because they want their freedom, but then get stuck at terrible retail jobs making terrible pay (ie. 12 dollars an hour or less). I stuck it out living with my parents and am about to graduate in two weeks with a biochemistry degree. It guarentees me a job making 40,000 dollars a year. Not much for the DC metro area, but it's something, and it definitely beats jumping from retail job to retail job hoping you get hours. If you can't get the money for college, there are scholarships and grants, and even federal student loans. :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by JohnnyMuyoHave you considered getting a skill or maybe going to college? College isn't for everyone, i understand. There are people who just aren't intelligent enough, but if you can go, a college degree guarentees a higher paying job than most jobs out there which don't require a degree. Another thing people do is move out of their parents' house because they want their freedom, but then get stuck at terrible retail jobs making terrible pay (ie. 12 dollars an hour or less). I stuck it out living with my parents and am about to graduate in two weeks with a biochemistry degree. It guarentees me a job making 40,000 dollars a year. Not much for the DC metro area, but it's something, and it definitely beats jumping from retail job to retail job hoping you get hours. If you can't get the money for college, there are scholarships and grants, and even federal student loans.

That's a great response, and I'd highly like to agree with your case here. Continual education is like the bread and butter of society. Even if you aren't that incredibly intelligent enough, or should I better put into my own terms here, not motivated to learn anything off the books at all, I would highly suggest and recommend you take more of a part-time course, building on your skills and getting the necessary training you've always wanted, at a much more reasonable cost. For me, I have already got my career set ahead of me, but its only a back-up plan whenever I do feel out of interest and wish to pursue another employment opportunity, for once.

I speak fluently in both English and Japanese, for example, and can use the two languages back and forth simultaneously with deliberate ease. That would land me into perhaps teaching international students how to speak and learn English themselves, and I can also suit in as a filing auditor reporter and translator for smaller-based companies here in Japan with my BA and Finances Degree in the works. There's a lot of wonderful opportunities at store, and the only reason why I'm currently sticking from a mid-office job alongside with some retail job work is because I want to take things easy for now. The pay doesn't always distinguish all you would need to like the job you are working for, you know, but at least by being flexible with your choices in the matter, you'll be able to enjoy it, no doubt. **Tips her hat** Just my two cents.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

to Celessa and JohnnyMuyo
I have 3years training in constustion tencholy
and trying to get a A+ Certification(computers).
I have tryed to get a part time job but so far no luck.

HiryuMusashiden

HiryuMusashiden

The Perfect Assassin

I think 7 hours that can I remember well because my university is from at the mall. To be really honest here.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.