Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of Hayao Miyazaki's works? - Minitokyo

What do you think of Hayao Miyazaki's works?

Tagged under Spirited Away

page 1 of 1 19 total items

If you really are an anime fan, then you should have somehow crossed paths with the name Hayao Miyazaki.

His works are amazing!

If you like high school light romance, yet a still award-winning movie, you might want to watch his WHispers of the Heart. I really recommend watching this one.

If you like something with a very magical romantic twist, better watch Howl's Moving Castle. I recommend this one as well.

If you like something very magical, better watch the award-winnign movie, Spirited Away Everything in it is very symbolic. It's very fun to watch. I highly recommend it.

I actually haven't watched all his films yet, but I could really say that his works are amazing!

What do you think?

i think that although his works are very awesome, they dont really go along with a good story line...he would put just random but cute things in his movies and i think that thats a bit confusing...just me!

merged: 10-22-2006 ~ 12:48am
i think that although his works are very awesome, they dont really go along with a good story line...he would put just random but cute things in his movies and i think that thats a bit confusing...just me!

Magical is all that needs be said.

(it would be great too if he started hiring more talented and convincing seiyuus - previous ones have always been 'stiff'-sounding).

I only watched three of his works, and I cried at every one of them, even though they have a happy ending. It's just so amazing (and definitely magical) that it makes me cry when it's finished!

I feel like a kid again.

I love Hayao Miyazaki films X3! I haven't seen them all..but I believe I've seen enough to think he's a master, lol (those including Kiki's Deliver Service..such a cute movie ^^ ), Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke <3, Castle in the Sky, and Howl's moving castle). I own 3 of those movies (I want to own more but that requires money ;-; )...

But I actually do have a friend that is an anime fan as well but she hates his work. She thinks its "poorly animated" but really what I think she means to say (because saying its poorly animated I think would be ..totally not true ^^; )is that the style of the animation isn't good? Probably. But really I guess that's a matter of taste..'cuz personally I love Hayao Miyazaki's style of drawing as well..tried explaining this to her but she's very stubborn about these things ^^;...(she's the type that refuses to watch any anime that is poorly animated..like Inuyasha and Naruto...though I disagree with her on those 'cuz they really aren't that bad...)

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Miyazaki's works are excellent. The stories are good, the characters are good and the animation and art is great. I think I'd disagree with you friend Kristina1234u. CGI is all nice a good but well done hand animatoin is excellent.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Magical, thats the only word to describe them. His works are the only ones that actually make me tear at the sad scenes.

Hayao Miyazaki is probably one of the best directors of anime ever. The stories are nicely thought out especially some of the older ones like Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky. The animation has its distinct style, which I find quite charming. And the music goes along well in almost all his movies. Combine all these elements together and you get some of the best anime movies out there.
My favourite movies by him are probably Laputa: Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa, since they're somewhat nostalgic.

I love Hayao Miyazaki's works! I espeicially love the exceptional amount of details he incorporate into his works~
The colours, the lighting,shades and nit picky things that not many animators pay attention to.

Also, though it may seem as though the storylines are not always in sync but personally I only find it more alluring~ It's as if he's giving us room to ponder over exactly what happened in between those jointless scenes~ And to me, that in turn heightens the mysterious magic surrounding his tales~~

Loved Howl's moving castle, spirited away,my neighbour totoro very very much~ Somehow they just inject an innocent sense of happiness in me~

Gonna scout for Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Deliver Service and Princess Mononoke next!

I love his works, although I've not yet seen all of them. I loved Spirited Away when I watched it, but my favourite out of all of his has to be Howl's Moving Castle.

I've seen a couple (spirited away, howl's moving castle, laputa: castle in the sky, Nausicaa and some other studio ghibli though not directed by him) and recently bought the entire collection. so far I love all his works that he has produced. the stories are definitely nicely told and has been directed nicely. it has its unique style, and i guess that's why i like it so much...
in all his works are amazing

Character design ... dun impressed too much.
Storyline lately become sucks, the older series were much-much better in script writing (Grave of Fireflies, Totoro, Mononoke Hime)
BUT
if we're talking about animartion, THAT's the beauty of Studio Ghibli's work which many of them were directed by Hayao Miyazaki.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

I love his works!I've watch all of his works expect Gedo Senki and I'm looking forward it.His works are amazing! The art,illustrations, expressions and story are superb!It's hard to find fault in his works.His best to me are Mononoke Hime and Totoro.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

His movies are hits or misses with me. I loved Mononoke, Howl's, Laputa, and Naasuca, but some of his other stuff drags on and ON! I don't watch Spirited Away unless my sister (it's her favorite) wants to. It's two hours of little shorts in a bath house. Uterly pointless.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Enjoyed all of his works just from a visual perspective even if some of the plots did wander a bit. My favorite work by him is Mononoke Hime.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

ShinLanceVulcano

ShinLanceVulcano

Uchuu no Kensei Cylanser

His works are very good, I don't like very much his drawing style, but they say it's great too, I watched Porco Rosso and I disagree with the ones that say that he only gives his messages to children, because sometimes I think "wait a second, the message is for adults too, since they're the ones that make war, rule their countries and things like those", really, his works have content for all the ages in their messages...

My own body is my weapon, other weapons are just extensions of my body
Cosmo-Orichalcon is my body and Cosmic Force Sol Inferno my blood
I am the emissary of burning justice, the Uchuu no Kensei
I am Cylanser, the Battle God of the Cosmic Sun Inferno

vialyn

vialyn

music is life~

I am a great fan of Hayao Miyazaki. I have watched nearly all his works and I totally love them all~!
The most recent one is of course is 'Howl's moving Castle'. Before I watched this, someone told me that this movie is not as good as his previous works. But I am happy to inform you all that it is not true. 'Howl's Moving Castle' is as good as all his previous works.
My current top 3 movie of Hayao Miyazaki is currently 'Howl's Moving Castle', 'Spirited Away', and 'Primcess Mononoke'.

I love His movies. I have seen most of them. I dont have a favorite one because there all great! Im starting to watch Tales from earthsea. Is this movie made from Miyazaki's son? I think it is. I just wanted to make sure.

His works are very meaningful and touching, makes you think & reflect. I like them all.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.