Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why can't science and god go together? - Minitokyo

Why can't science and god go together?

page 9 of 9 « Previous 1... 5 6 7 8 9 196 total items

Leosam096

the one and only

i also love science and i love God all the more.

the thing with science is that it is a systematized body of knowledge and facts, well that means it is how complex the human brain is.
science has gone too far asking the existence of the One who created the human and the brain.

there is nothing wrong with science, and there is nothing wrong with believing in God.
but what i do know is that i do not allow science to conclude to disprove the existence of the spirit and God Himself. for God is far too complex for man's own understanding. It takes more than lifetimes to know who our God is.
Invisible does not mean nonexistent.

God is transcedent, excels above all. (Isaiah 57:15_
God is immanent, near, as well as transcedent. (Isaiah 57:15)
God is omnipotent, all-powerful. (Romans 1:19-20) (Jeremiah 32:17) (Luke 1:37)
God is Omnipresent,in all places, all the time.
God is omniscient, knows everything. (Psalm 139:2) (Isaiah 46:9-10)
God is eternal, timeless. No beginning no end. (Deuteronomy 33:27)
God is infinite, unlimited. (Genesis 18:1)
God is unchangeable, does not vary. (James1:17) (Jonah 3:10)
God is personal; He is a person. (Genesis 1:26)

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

Bleach-Central

Ilovelucky

Ilovelucky

~forgotten pain~

wow....so many people wrote in here..........dang, well this reminds me of fullmetal alchemist , it both has science and religion in it , well science is a thing of study of an anotomy of a person , item or different thing that is new or old and gives us the answer that we seek ,...religion is what we believe to save us from fear , a god for us to believe in and to love , science is a different thing , we believe in miracles ....well mirilces sometimes happen with science and then there a god to believe in with hope , ..............................uggghhh! my head hurts anyway..........The Truth Is Out There

Why can't science and god go together?

Because they're competing over the same turf, and both sides want to get paid.

merged: 07-15-2006 ~ 02:08pm
Personally, I think science and religion can co-exist just fine, not in a crazy Scientology kind of way, mind you, both sides have fanatics, and a reasoned discussion can't occur when one side says, "God talks to me and tells me this," and the other side says, "I don't believe in your God."

Like in so many aspects of this country, the middle ground has been lost to the profiteers.

I do not see why science and religion can not co-exist.

The only thing that erks me, which seems to be running rampant on this particular sub-forum are those who spout that modern science has all but ruled out the possibility of God. That is far from the truth.

My physics professor made a final lecture at the end of last semester, regarding what the students should take away from the course. One topic that came up was Darwinism vs intelligent design. The modern theory of evolution is still relevant today because it can be emperically tested and verifiable. Intelligent design however is not.

Similarly, science for the moment can not test for the existance of God. However, just because we can not test for God is not to say he does not exist. Yet if I were to require proof to believe, is that faith? Many would say that it is not.

Signature
	Image[/img]

page 9 of 9 « Previous 1... 5 6 7 8 9 196 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.