Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Legend of Basara - Minitokyo

Legend of Basara

Tagged under Legend of Basara

What do you think about Basara?

I love it!!!
9 votes
It's OK
1 votes
I hate it!
0 votes
I didn't read it
0 votes
Strange Artwork
0 votes
Eh??I don't even know it!
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Do you know Legend of Basara by Tamura Yumi? Do you like it? Have you some favourite characters? What do you think about storyline,artwork,etc? Why you started to like it? ^^
Please answer some of those questions ^_^

I love Basara,although at the start I thought :What a strange artwork..
Now I really love the story,most of the characters and I think that Tamura Yumi has really worked on the storyline,and I find good,how she make feinds to friends or lovers ^_^
I like Sarasa,Ageha,Shuri and Asagi too.At first I hated Asagi,but later I started really like him ^_^

Well, I think it's a good manga. Can't say the artwork is really my cup of tea, but I found the storyline quite intriguing. When I got into it, I actually could't stop reading and concentrate on my studies. Actually, it even almost made me fail one exam, shame on me!;) Still, now when I think of it, Basara was just one of first manga I have ever read. Perheps that's why, despite all its obvious flaws, I remember it as a bit special. ..?

By the way, Basara is extremly popular among my Japanese friends. Of course - girls. Guys definately don't like it so much. Guess why?:)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I thought the artwork was a bit overly extravegant (esp the eyes) at first, but it really is pretty. I've never seen the anime version though...

Now for the storyline and characters, I have to say it's one of my faves. The story is quite involved and complicated, with odd relationships (esp Sarasa and Shuri). but I love the conflicts presented, and how someone may seem evil, but from a different point of view, may change the perspective. Like the Red King and Shido. The themes are pretty good too, esp the conflicts within Sarasa. Esp after Shuri is killed, and Sarasa decides to spare his wife. But Nagi (who I thought was a woman for the longest time XD) reminds her that she should've killed her, because the mother will teach Shuri's son to hate Tatara.

As for characters, it's one of the few series where I actually like the main character. Sarasa may seem like the typical strong heroine, but she does have fears and doubts, and even though she pretends to be male, she still yearns to be female. I also love her resourcefulness and cunningness. At first I wasn't too fond of Shuri, but he's growing on me. I'm not fond of Asagi as of right now (I'm on vol 6), but we'll see.

Like everybody, I thought the artwork was strange, but I love the story. I first saw the anime series, and I wanted more! (it's only 13 episodes >_<) So I started reading the manga, and I'm still on it! (it's not published in Catalonia so I have to buy it in France)
It's a very interesting manga. Like MapleRose said, Sarasa is not perfect, but is strong, and that makes the story more realistic.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by Forum Guidelines+Old and decrepit threads
If a thread has not had any new posts in over four weeks, it can be considered inactive and a new thread can be opened on the same topic.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.