Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Girl, 11, will-be-mother - Minitokyo

Girl, 11, will-be-mother

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 193 total items

This is no different to animals mating as soon as they reach puberty. A kid. Pregnant, smokes & drinks, and so grossly ignorant of her upcoming childbirth and the fact that she still smokes heavily through pregnancy.

Link

p.s. What age do females generally start becoming fertile? I don't remember my high school lessons anymore.

A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.

How can we best tackle this problem?

The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.

But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.

'Excited'

She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."

Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.

After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.

"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.

"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.

"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."

Smoking at nine

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."

The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.

She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.

She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

'Proud of my daughter'

Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.

"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.

"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."

The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news.
We have further news.

Baby of girl, 12 in fight for life

EDINBURGH: The baby of a 12-year-old girl who has become Scotland's youngest mother is fighting for her life.

The baby stopped breathing moments after the schoolgirl - who reportedly smoked 20 cigarettes a day - gave birth yesterday at hospital in Livingston, West Lothian.

The baby, who has a lung problem, was transferred to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

Her 34-year-old grandmother told a newspaper: "It was awful. My daughter was handed the baby and she gasped and said 'Oh, Mum' because she was so proud and excited.

"But suddenly panic broke out because the baby's lips started going blue. We think there's fluid on her lungs.

"My daughter is a mum now and there's a bond between her and her baby. She is so scared of losing the wee one."

The grandmother, herself the mother of a baby boy, said doctors had told her the infant might have to remain in an incubator for up to a fortnight.

"We're just praying. My daughter was almost crying when she asked doctors: 'Just save my baby - tell me she's not going to die'. It broke my heart to hear my little girl talking about her little girl like that."

The West Lothian girl, who has not been named, fell pregnant aged 11 after having sex with a 15-year-old on a drunken night out with friends.

He has been charged with underage sex.

Her mother told last month how "proud" she was of her daughter becoming pregnant and keeping the baby.

The new mother has quit school after a string of exclusions for fighting with fellow pupils.

It was reported she smoked 20 cigarettes a day and started drinking at age 10. Last month, she revealed there was a possibility authorities would place her child in foster care and vowed to fight any such move.

"I've been told by social workers there's a chance the baby won't come home with me. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep my baby. I don't know how I would cope if I lost it," she said.

The 12-year-old is not Britain's youngest mother - that title has gone to a girl from Gloucestershire who got pregnant at 11-1/2 and gave birth at 12 and three months.

i think she has a really bad life style

stupid little brat
"I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time."

of course you'll get pregnant! YOU CAN GET PREGNANT ANYTIME! >=(

"But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum" she won't be saying that when its screaming in the middle of the night.

a baby comes with a LOT of responsiblity, far to much for an 11 year old girl to cope with! she's going to get stressed out from the thing. her body is not physically ready, the birth is going to be bad enough for her. and her mum being "Proud"?! what sort of mother would be proud of her 11 year old daughter getting pregnant? not to mention getting drunk AND having sex!

the baby is going to cut into her social life and her education is probably going to go down the drain (if it hasn't already).

she's soon going to learn that having a baby is hard. its not a doll for christs sake!

I havn't got a kid (i'm only 15) but i know that they are difficult to look after! all i can say for her is.......tough luck you foolish little girl.

all i can say is she's a brat, overconfident, and i feel very sorry for her mother and her child-to-be. hehe, i don't really want a child, plus i'm 17 so i wouldn't be in my best interests to have one right now. she's stupid, at 11 her body is too weak to have a child without many complications; an abortion may be the only thing cause she's definitely going to have to have a c-section.

Lura-Sharal

Lura-Sharal

deviant

I'm speachless. I already read that article in the newpapers this morning. How can anyone be so stupid and irresponsible?
She's far too young to be able to care properly for her child. She's still a child herself.
I don't think that she's understanding what it means to become a mother. Being mother is a "full-time-job". From the way she talks I'd say she's talking about a pet and not about her baby:

Quote: I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks

For heaven's sake, that girl's 12 years old. What do kids at this age think? Do they think at all? *sorry*
She's smoking... her mother is proud... I can't believe how people can live their life the way that girl and her mother do...

Quote: I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time

where do young girls get these wise sayings from? A few days ago I heard from a girl who thought she wouldn't get pregnant if she ate a banana before having sex o.O

Quote by Alip99of course you'll get pregnant! YOU CAN GET PREGNANT ANYTIME!

!

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

um, this girl has had a terrible upbringing for one thing and her mother shouldn't have had kids in the first place. Child services should take this girl's baby from her as soon as it's born so that it will have a better chance of having a decent life.

one of my friends told me that when she went to the ER after an accident, she saw a 10-year-old girl that was having a baby. we dunno much else except that.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Kimaris

Kimaris

Still rolling on

Shes pretty much killed herself.
Thats all that can be said...

*yawn*
=================================================================
A member of the [Naruto Fan Group] and [MT-UK]

my opinion is :
*(your life is 100%)*:\

and try to change it thir is a hope

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

she's a brat, and her mom, what kind of mother is she, take that baby away and give it a better life style, thats all i can say

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

wow some kids... i still cant believe that some people can be that stupid.. i mean come on not get pregnant and on top of that she is smoking at such a young age? holy cow

well i just hope for her sake that the baby is born healthy and has no defects at all

Ok sooo from what i think Britain has no LAWS...im eleven and that to me is screwed up.She drinks and smokes what the -beep- is that about.My parents,oh my god i don't even want to think of it...this world is screwed for all i know,dat people is true *_*...

wow!

yo wtf!

its not your damn problem anyway who the fuck cares each one does what he wishes with his life and you are nobody to descriminate(sp?) her for do nothing

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

OMG.... I could have never believed something like that... Okay no offence or anything but having sex in such a young age and becoming PREGNANT! For gods sakes and her mother! What sort of a mother is she anyway? Okay, it's good that she accepts her child as she is and supports but really! The child is smoking and pregnant! At least she could object a tiny little bit!

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

what kind of generation is are they living in anyway

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

For all who say the mother is stupid : it's said in the article they had a fight... So that means she wasn't very happy with the news... Then, upon realizing that her girl wouldn't abort, i guess it's for the better that she supports her.

Then, i don't know if kids have been given proper sexual education at this age... would you explain an 11 year old girl how to use a condom (for girls), where to get pills, etc... If you were a doctor or whatever, would you believe an 11 year old girl you tells you she's pregnant ? And give her a pill ?
It's true that girls have puberty sooner than boys (11 to 13, compared to 12 to 15 or something), so maybe their sexual education should start earlier.

About drinking and smoking, no excuses on that.

Last one : it's high probability that she can't take the foetus until term, because her body's too small, and i don't know if she can breastfeed him / her anyway (though it's the best ever food for new borns). Also, she'll have major bone problems having a baby at that age, when her growth isn't over. Moreover, having high sexual hormones due to pregnancy might disrupt her growth etc etc... I believe the baby will die before birth, or soon after. Case closed. How to waste a life (or maybe 2 or more), part I.

She has no family.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Well, I hope this pregnancy brings lots of pain to this child, the mother, or even the baby itself. Some people just won't learn until it hurts

Rue-chan

Rue-chan

symphonie du coeur bris

some courage both of them have...

Signature

:Shitsuren no shinfon? :

Quote by Rue-chansome courage both of them have...

I think this goes beyond being courageous (or clueless, as I'd rather see it).

Both pregnant child and mother think it is a wondrous thing to bring more children into the family. I think it is a disaster. Look at what that mother has made of (or rather, let happen to) her one daughter. She has failed as a parent and she has no right to be bragging about bearing more children.

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

It just goes to show that there are still some people who are very ignorant about sex education in this part of the world.

When I was that age I remember having a childhood.

20 cigarettes a day? She can quit anytime? Who is she kidding?

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

WOW.

Signature

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

My first impression after reading this "OH SH*T". Whatever the way we as being the public see it, it will lead to this conclusion from both the public and the family itself (if ya have sympathy that is) Its gonna be PAINFUL all the way no matter how you look at it. And I'll feel more sorry for the baby to be born in that life, god I hope it won't be medically ill during its life in this world, please, lets hope this babies future won't be one of hells life.

Though as for the what the girl and the mother have just said, I reckon its a front. I have my reason, so I won't bother to explain. But I could be wrong, but then again, its either a front or just plain stupidity (And to think I just saw a boy with two friends who appeared to be around 7-10 smoking IN PUBLIC! X_x)

Conclusios: Lets just hope the baby's life won't be vained, seriously.

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 193 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.