One long arc or several short filler arcs?

One long fillers or several short fillers

Long!
2 votes
Short!
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Cancel

PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING

As the thread subject says: Do you prefer one long filler arc or several short filler arcs?

What I mean is, for extremely long running 100+ episode shows (such as One Piece, Naruto and eventually Bleach) there's bound to be filler arcs in between the more story-orientated arcs. There's nothing we can do it about it unfortunately, so we have to live with it. However, if you had a choice, would you prefer the filler episodes to be one long arc or several shorter arcs?

A good example is the current Bleach and Naruto fillers. Bleach is following a single long filler arc and Naruto is doing several shorter 1-4 episode arcs.

THE QUESTION IS NOT WHETHER YOU LIKE THE BLEACH OR NARUTO FILLERS MORE

Please state a reason why so this thread doesn't get closed by a mod for not generating insightful posts.

I prefer shorter arcs. My reason: these long running shows usually follow a manga. There will very little to no important character development during filler arcs since the anime writers do not want to deviate too much from the manga, which can create problems later on in the series. The way I see it is that if there isn't going to be any important developments, they might as well keep the arcs short. The short arcs, while pointless, don't drag out for waaay too long and since they're short, the crap arcs don't completely put you off the show because there's still hope of a new better arc in only a few episodes.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

fluke

fluke

Part-time Vector Artist

Cancel

I like the longer filler arcs. I think having a longer arc is more entertaining instead of the small ones. The longer arcs can be far more creative, the shorter ones are usually something just thrown together to take up time and space. Atleast with a longer arc, you may not be getting the genuine story following the manga, but it's like having a chapter that no one has read before or something like that.

Cancel

I'll vote for several short filler arcs, like those in the InuYasha series. Why? Because they're easier to follow and they don't get you bored (because there's basically next to nothing happening in filler arcs, and so seeing fifteen or twenty filler episodes one after another can rack on everyone's nerves). It's also easier to insert these short filler arcs in between canon episodes.

Of course, a well-written filler arc is OK with me, but unfortunately, you rarely see one of those...

KyRei

KyRei

Ky_Rei

Cancel

Well I don't like fillers at all, but if I had to choose between long or short filler arcs, I'd choose short filler arcs. I feel as long filler arcs are such a waste of time, for instance what's going on with Naruto. I mean it's so pointless to even have an episode every week. It's such a waste of time to watch it. Short filler arcs, they don't go far away from the actual story and no character developement but entertain viewers easily with comedy or recaps.

• May 15, 2006

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Cancel

Quote by KyReiWell I don't like fillers at all, but if I had to choose between long or short filler arcs, I'd choose short filler arcs. I feel as long filler arcs are such a waste of time, for instance what's going on with Naruto. I mean it's so pointless to even have an episode every week. It's such a waste of time to watch it. Short filler arcs, they don't go far away from the actual story and no character developement but entertain viewers easily with comedy or recaps.

I think you misunderstood the question. What I meant was:

Assuming there are 13 episodes of filler scheduled for an anime show that you like. Would you prefer those 13 episodes to be one filler arc (as in one story) or several shorter arcs (each episode doesn't really have anything to do with the previous one)?

Naruto is currently doing shorter filler arcs. That's why each "mission" doesn't last more than 5 episodes. Whereas Bleach is doing one long filler arc (the Bountou arc) which is at least 10+ episodes long.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Cancel

fillers...curse them. I hate long filler arcs, because they kinda detract from the storyline. some filler episodes are good, but not a flippin crapload of them.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.