Anime DVD or Torrent Anime

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

lalatne

Meier Link

Cancel

Which one do you prefer to watch, DVD or anime downloaded from torrent?

For me, I rather like watching anime from torrent, not from DVD, coz it's too expensive. And the release is always late, but not all anime.

Cancel

I watch on DVD and on TV, because I have a dialup connection. The only benifit I see of downloading a torrent anime is to see if you like it. If everyone torrents anime, then you will see the DVD market for it dry up and become expensive again. When it is popular then the price goes down and the quality goes up.

• May 14, 2006

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Cancel

Quote by lalatneWhich one do you prefer to watch, DVD or anime downloaded from torrent?

For me, I rather like watching anime from torrent, not from DVD, coz it's too expensive. And the release is always late, but not all anime.

well then save up?

Myself i watch it anyway i can get it, i prefer dvd cause its easier to just whack it in the dvd player and watch it on TV, rather than sit at the computer. But that said i still do sit at pc and watch lol

when i had dialup i still downloaded anime all the time 3-4gb a month normally xD

Signature Image

Cancel

Torrents. Dvds get pricey (when you have no money or job...) and you have to hunt them down. Not to mention waiting for a release date just to have it pushed back. I'll take the time to download torrents any day.

• May 15, 2006

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Cancel

I rather watching anime by DVD.
As copyrighted material, if I find an anime I could like, then I erase the anime from my HDD and wait for or look for it on DVD.
That's the way I like it!

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Cancel

I like dvd,its not wasted the HDD memory and not to expensive I think

• May 15, 2006

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Cancel

DVDs for me. Anime torrents put a huge crater on my internet cable bill and takes up lots of my disk space.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

Cancel

Why not combine both of them? Torrent then DVD burn them ;)

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

• May 15, 2006
Cancel

DVD lol

Some fansubs just suck balls....when you download them on torrent and some are good quality =D but I prefer DVD.

• May 15, 2006

DarkAngel-Yoshi

~An angel of darkness.~

Cancel

I prefer Fansubs (Torrents.)
Why? Well, Torrents are better as I can leave them on my Hard Drive instead of having to carry a couple of DVDs around. That, and I also don't have to worry too much about DVDs getting scrached. Hard Drives fail yes, but I keep multiple backups.... ^.^
Random quote: "Why pay when you can get it for free?"

I am an dark angel. One day, I may have to come for you, and claim your soul from this cruel world, and send it to the next.

Help me! If you have an avatar from the series Shuffle!, plz PM or email me! Thanks in advance for avatars or links!
Also, avatars of anime angels would be nice too! Thanks again in advance for you help!

• May 15, 2006
Cancel

Torrents first,but i'll happily buy the originals if i really like the anime.

The reason i don't like dvds is because they get scratched so easily,torrents don't have that problem.

• May 16, 2006

lalatne

Meier Link

Cancel

Quote by DarkAngel-YoshiI prefer Fansubs (Torrents.)
Why? Well, Torrents are better as I can leave them on my Hard Drive instead of having to carry a couple of DVDs around. That, and I also don't have to worry too much about DVDs getting scrached. Hard Drives fail yes, but I keep multiple backups.... ^.^
Random quote: "Why pay when you can get it for free?"

hehe ^_^ your right. to buy anime on DVD is a waste of money In torrent, you can download anime any time you want, and especially you can watch anime in advance, but only those anime that are not license. If there are anime that's hard to release in torrent because it's already license, and you really wan't to watch it so buy it.

LynxZero

LynxZero

I know where you live.

Cancel

I'd have to say torrent... mainly because it comes out quicker, I'm poor, and I have good ol' unlimited download limit. ;) that plus I prefer to watch in Japanese, and the DVD J-E translations aren't usually that good... well at least the subs aren't.

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Cancel

Here's an existing thread on this topic: Who buys anime on DVD?

Please search before creating threads to avoid duplicates.

Closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

• May 18, 2006

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.