Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help me with my outlines, please? - Minitokyo

Help me with my outlines, please?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Hello all!

I just got my Photoshop 7 back and I really want to start coloring my pictures with it. I look on tutorials and they teach how to color well, but how do they get there outlines to be untouched? If someone could help me with this It'd help me..alot.

By the way, I'm using photoshop 7.0. o.o

Thanks! ^-^

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Copy your outline layer, put it at the top of your layer list, and set the blending mode to "Multiply".
Then, you can paint on layers underneath the outlines and they will remain dark and untouched.
It's a good idea to lock your outline layer, too, so you don't accidentally move them or erase part of them.

KenshinJennings

KenshinJennings

pollo loco

Quote by Tama-NekoCopy your outline layer, put it at the top of your layer list, and set the blending mode to "Multiply".
Then, you can paint on layers underneath the outlines and they will remain dark and untouched.
It's a good idea to lock your outline layer, too, so you don't accidentally move them or erase part of them.

Setting the lineart layer to "Multiply" isn't a very good choice when you scan a picture with messy and/or sketchy lines. I recommend the Pen Tool if you are using a mouse. It can create perfectly straight lines. Tablet users can just outline their art manually with the Brush tool.

You must work in layers! You can either make a line art on transparent layer and then color in another layer or like above just make a line art on white backround layer and then on a seperate layer set layer options to multiply and color away. I prefer the transparency way cuz sometimes the multiply way can cause problems.

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

Yes I think I got it. But, would setting the option to Multiply cause the colors on the underneath layers to darken? I've only had experience with that by merging images and layers with different colors but that's what happened.

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

well u can set it into multiply when you are coloring... but u have to use layers for different spots that you are coloring. xD and u also can use the pen tool. When u use multiply u wont get the colors darker, you'll just be able to color the way u want and u shouldnt emerge layers if ur going to go back and fix it. If u save it when u emerged it it wont have the layers u started with.

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

Heya there! :)
It's quite easy... just if you're coloring with shapes layers then move those layers below the outlline layer.
Ohh.. I use Photoshop 7.0 too ;) :D

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.