Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What r ur thoughts on depression? - Minitokyo

What r ur thoughts on depression?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

i was just wondering... wut do ppl think of being depressed or wanting to be depressed or punks, goths, or sumthing like that. wut do u ppl think of ppl who r always sad even if they hav no reason to be. about ppl who just want to be labeled as a depressed person so that they get attention? wut r ur thoughts generally on depression?

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

Well.... depression in my opinion is just a temprorary state in your life. It comes and it goes. It's kinda like a test... as long as you make it through, there's bound to be some kind of reward for you. No matter how long it takes.

I've been depressed multiple times in my life. I've always pulled through somehow... and sometimes, when I'm in the middle of a party with friends, or having fun, I think to myself..

"here I am. I wouldn't be here if I died.. I would never be able to experience this happiness"

I know I sound a bit like a happy-go-lucky type of girl, but it's true!^-^

There's no reason to be sad if there's no reason.. in my opinion people like that are just wasting their lives away, no offense.

Labled as a depressed person just to be cool? I find those PATHETIC.... again no offense, but really, I think those people should just be themselves.

heh....... sometimes i get depress all of a sudden. mostly it's late at night when no one is looking and when i think a lot. it's not a matter of choice for me when i want to be depress or not. cuz i mean who WANTS to be depress? i agree that it's stupid. but yeah depression is tough and stuff and depression is not like really sad or something it's worse i think, that it could be a mental illness (oh crap i hope i don't get that). anywho yeah..... i think depression is when u get depress all of a sudden and u feel horrible about urself and u think horrible things and u do horrible things and u hate the world and stuff like that. and like i said mental illness..... anywho i think i might be in depression but i can't say that's true cuz soemtimes i'm happy and stuff and hyper. so yeah.... i dunno. people who just do that to get attention r dumb. y make urself feel horrible just to get attention. the only attention u'll get is from the looney bin place where all the physcos go -.-. i hate being depress. no one should enjoy being depress cuz it's dumb T.T

"I must destroy the despair-night
To shine in Eternity's sunshine."

Luminous85

Luminous85

Starlit Memories

I think that depression is basically rock bottom sorrow. I don't really believe that depression is a disease or an illness really. I know people take medication for it, but I think medication is just a mask that covers up how you really feel. It's almost like living a lie. I have told myself many times that being depressed, if I am, is okay, but to me, it really isn't. I don't mean like "I need treatment to get rid of it because it's a problem", I mean "I need to suck up whatever my worries are because they're not worth wasting my life sulking over". There are things out there much worse than what I could be going through, seriously! The only thing really worthy of being depressed over is losing a loved one or having an illness that means certain death, I guess. That's just how I was brought up. ^_^'

This is a really good thread topic, BTW!

Signature

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

i agree with u all. haha, i kno sum retards who just wanna pretend they r all depressed cuz they wanna seem different and cool haha, stupid idiots, they dont kno how it rly is, and i dont either. but yea, it sure must be horrible, wen u go so far as to wanna kill urself/ btw, marmaladie, i think u just mite be rly rly sad hehe ur so mercurial! with all of ur mood swings... tut tut, lol :D, y m i smiling this isn't happy at all, nehow, yea, i wud say depression is like wen u r just sad all the time and think of terrible things and wanna go so far as killing urself. not just one time or another. all the time until u get a cure. depression is like a mental prob and i kno that for a fact hehe, lots of tv ads i hear (not watch, dont wry i m not lying aobut not watching tv marmaladie even tho i hav one) and u need medication and all b4 u do all these crazy things. i dont ever wanna be depressed cuz me heard freaky thingies about it. SHE'S OVERBOARD MYSELF ASSURED, OH NO I KNO A DIRTY WORD, HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO WITH TH ELITES OUT, ITS SO DANGEROUS, HERE WE R NOW, ENTERTAIN US, I FEEL STUPID AND CONTAGIOUS, I FEEL STUPID AND CONTAGIOUS! WOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOO! SRY, i m getting hi off of this song agen u guys shud hear it its by Nirvana, ohhh sry getting off topic, gomen nasaii, nehow, i think its freaky to be depressed and i h8 ppl who wish they were depressed or try or pretend to be depressed. curse em! stupid retards! y wud ne1 wanna delve into such immense sadness?! stupid retards! haha, i h ope u r hearing this now! u ehar me?!

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

whats wrong with depression. everyone suffers from depression at one point in their lives. granted, some people suffer from it longer then other people do and some people are just always spontaniouls depressed. their is nothing wrong with that.

to say that being depressed is stupid then thats a lie because im sure that people who are saying that at one point in the so called happy life have been depressed about something. if anyone every comes up to me to tell me that they never been depressed then i would have to say that they have not lived. its something everyone hs to go through in life and learn to deal with. its part of life's learning process.

for people who are constantly pretending to be drepressed then they have so self-esteem problems. no doubt about that. but its not right to assume that if someone is constantly depress means they are faking it. they could really be depressed about something. as for me. there are time that i really very happy and the next moment im very depressed. no i am not bipolar. but i have been mental, emotional, and physicially abused by my parents ever since a young age. its a culture thing but that depresses me. granted i dont tell people whats giong on...im just depressed. a lot of the times. but im not faking it. so people shouldnt assume that with others. i know that i dont.

midnightLOVERS

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

first of all I dont like goths or punks...or I dont like being labeled lol...its like disrespecting me.

My thoughts generally on depression is more like depends on your personality. I think if you're sensitive depression just happens. Like how you would get depressed on a boring day because there are some deep thinkers of their life. The more you reflect on your life depression.

rorenzu

rorenzu

Mio Amakura

hmm,,
i get depress when my "some" get lonely, even though he won't tell me <connection>
ahaha! just a belief,,,
well,,,you get depressed when your disappointed over big things of course,,,
actually, i don't know but sometimes, i get depress even without a reason, not like i want to be the center of attraction,, i just felt like it,, maybe because i'm a moody type,

Together...forever...
Signature
sig and avatar by Kuya JaK

Hi all!
2 years ago I had a very deep depressive phase; I even was in hospital because of that.
Despite all the suffering that it brought along I wouldnt want to miss this time of self-development.
It offered a totally new way to see the world and it helped me on my way to find myself.
In a phase like that the brain really works different from the usual way. You think thoughts you
have never thought before and you can see aspects of life that you haven't known before.
It showed to me, once more, that it's not the world or the people that are "bad" or whatever, but
just the impression of them created in our own mind. The world is like we see it. If we see it dark
and grey, it is dark and grey, for us. I guess I'm over that time now, however, i kept a more differential,
distant and (at least I hope so) objective point of view concerning life.
Perhaps there even can be some kind of beauty in a depression, since real depressive persons usually
happen to be very intelligent, calm, creative, and peaceful persons. Talking and philosophising
with some of them can be amazingly interesting.

But just pretending to be down all the time in order to achieve something is kinda poor I think;
pretending to be something that you aren't will not work for a long time...
well, enough said, nice time to y'all

Schiffus

Depression...it sucks! It is our brains evil way of chemically depriving us of what we need and making us suffer. The lack of chemicals then makes us think that the world is a horrible place and that we don't belong in it. Money, beauty, and power do not make you happy! It is the chemicals! Because people who are beautiful with lots of money can still be depressed and do you want to know why? Because their brain is lacking serotonin and norepinephrine! These two very important chemicals can make you very happy or very depressed depending on how much of them you have in your brain. So when you are sitting in your room hating the world, STOP, don't hate the world, hate your brain and then go and get some drugs to boost your serotonin!

(Just Kidding: Not all depressed people need drugs!) :)

a long time ago like a reallie long time ago my mom and my sister hated each other and still do they used to fight and my sister would do stupid stuff like steal my mom's car to drive around so i was really depressed cuz they fight all the time but the my sister was moved to a foster home and that made me more depressed so i been through drepresion all the tim ebut i learn jux to let it out becuz thats how i feel better and getting everything out isn't easy but i manage to and it feels good to let it all out!^^

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

hiya, hmmm.... cheza2283, r u saying u want us to take drugs if we ever geet it?! lol, jk jk. i dunno, i say its i nevitable, its gonna happen once in ur life and so drugs or nething cant do nething to prevent it. haha, i dont kno y i mlaughing rite now, maybe cuz i need to stop listening to nirvana but yea sure ermmm wut was i about to say umm w/e thx for ur reples on my thread thingie, but ummm... i cud understand wut u (midnite lovers) r saying but i think u misunderstood mine and marmaladie's meaning. we meant that there r these ppl i kno who hav never rly been depressed, and i kno this cuz they r my best frends, and all of a sudden, they just act like they r, u kno wut imean, like act like all sad and angry or sumthin and wen i wanna kno wuts up wit em, they wont say, and trust me, they tell me everything, in fact, they told me themselves they just like being different which is y they act like that, so wen they act all "depressed" nd all, it gets on my nerves. and also, i dont htink there's nething wrong wit being depressed. i think its scary cuz i kno ppl round here, who do freaky things cuz of that, and if its serious like sum ppl i kno, then they shud hav medications. i never meant nething else.

hm. depression. i get tht sometimes too. thoughts of suicide and all camen across many times but i'm still alive. hahah. oh well.
erm well for those who act depressed just to get attention, i think they're plain stupid. no offense but why make your life so difficult? live life the best. :) lolz.
but when some1 gets depressed because of something.. well.. i'll try my best to listen their probs. try to understand them n all. convince them. as a friend of course. else what are friends for? XD hahz.
i've never seen ppl acting depressed to get attention b4 though. but i've seen ppl who shouts and make a big fuss in the class to get attention. ugh. annoying.

to ppl out there who are depressed, time will heal. (:

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.