Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What "the Only True God" Promises? - Minitokyo

What "the Only True God" Promises?

Do you Believe in God's promises?

Yup! I believe in His promises!
11 votes
Maybe...
1 votes
I don't know...
3 votes
No!!! I don't believe in God
8 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

I just want to share something here about the Bible... :D and the promises of our God... this thread is for Christians here... I want to know your opinions about this... :)

Jesus could heal every sick and ailing person who was brought to him. There was not a one whom he was unable to restore to health, regardless of their ailment or infirmity. Moreover, he miraculously fed thousands with only a few fishes and loaves of bread, and he did so on more than one occasion. --Matthew 14:14-22; 15:30-38.

When Jesus restored sight to a man born blind, neighbors and acquaintances acknowledged the miracle, but Jewish religious leaders were skeptical. So the man whose sight had been restored reasoned with them: "From of old it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of one born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing at all." --John 9:32, 33.

During Jesus' ministry his cousin John the Baptist, who had been imprisoned, sent messengers to confirm reports about Jesus. "In that hour," the Bible says, Jesus "cured many of sicknesses and grievous diseases and wicked spirits, and granted many blind persons the favor of seeing." Then Jesus told the messengers: "Report to John what you saw and heard: the blind are receiving sight, the lame are walking, the lepers are being cleansed and the deaf are hearing, the dead are being raised up." --Luke 7:18-22.

Think of it: If something good occurred in the past, would that not give you confidence that it could happen again? By means of his miracles, Jesus demonstrated on a small scale what he will do on a grand scale during his rule as King of God's Kingdom. His miracles serve as proof that he was sent by God and that he really was God's Son. During the rule of God's Kingdom, there will be a literal fulfillment of prophecies of marvelous things. As foretold, blind eyes will be opened, deaf ears will be unstopped, the lame will leap as a deer, and no one will be sick. There will also be peace and security everywhere on earth. Even animals that are now dangerous will be at peace with man. --Isaiah 9:6, 7; 11:6-9; 33:24; 35:5, 6; 65:17-25.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8757/paradise5sm.jpg

This is what God promises for the earth :nya:

Would you like to live forever under the rule of God's Kingdom, surrounded by such conditions? :) Jesus showed what you must do when he said in prayer to his father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3) May you allow nothing to prevent you from continuing to take in such life-giving knowledge. :)

Give me your comments & opinions guys... :)

What do you think about the promises of God? :D

[Note: If you don't believe in the bible, you're not believing in God, because the bible is "God's Word"]

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Could you post some actual verses? Coz everything you posted where miracles and acts of Jesus. Out of context, those aren't promises but more like miracles performed by Jesus. Now are you asking if I believe in Jesus' miracles?

Now, maybe you're not quite aware of it but I'm a proud Christian and I read the bible for guidance. You don't really believe in all of those things mentioned in there, do you? Not literally, at least?

But to answer your question, maybe yes maybe no.

Nasa ang Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa.
Death Threat - Gusto kong Bumaet (1993)

Kung pipilitin ng tao, tutulong ang Panginoon.

Signature

mountain

mountain

None

um, the question was quite vague, but I think I get what u mean.

yeah I believe in everything, yes EVERYTHING that is mentioned in the bible. Yes and the promises of God, but at this rate, I think his promises are going to be fulfilled in the after life, unless you read those verse in a different way. And miracles still happen today, lame still walk, u can see may promises already been fulfilled.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by mountainYes and the promises of God, but at this rate, I think his promises are going to be fulfilled in the after life, unless you read those verse in a different way. And miracles still happen today, lame still walk, u can see may promises already been fulfilled.

There is no after life... that means, we don't have an immortal soul when we dies... If we die, our souls is also dies...

The soul dies, it does not live on after death.
(Ezekiel 18:4)

pls look on the bible about this... :\

Ecclesiastes 9:10; Psalm 6:5; 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14

merged: 05-18-2006 ~ 10:05am
Just like sleeping, we're consccious nothing at all if we are dead... ^_^'

merged: 05-18-2006 ~ 10:12am

Quote by jakulitoCould you post some actual verses? Coz everything you posted where miracles and acts of Jesus. Out of context, those aren't promises but more like miracles performed by Jesus. Now are you asking if I believe in Jesus' miracles?

His miracles is a proof that Jesus was a God's Son... :nya: The son of Jehovah God... :)

If something good occurred in the past, it would give you hope that it could happen this again. :D

As I've said earlier, by means of his miracles, Jesus demonstrated on a small scale what he will do on a grand scale during his rule as King of God's Kingdom.

Quote by DarkIngram

Friend you are misinterpreting these passages. The soul does indeed live on after death (if we are faithful we reside with our father, if not we suffer eternal destruction). Ezekial 18:4 is talking about the unfaithful that die, and when death is mentioned it is refering to being thrown into hell. Also Ecclesiastes and the Psalms written before My lord Christ Jesus came. Before the Lord came there was only sketchy knowledge of the after life ( which is why some parts of the Old Testament seem violent, because people wanted to see the punishment of their pursecuters) And John 11:11-14 says nothing about the after life. But still good thread :)

The bible contains so many contradictions. I just dont believe in it anymore. and thus I dont believe jesus was anything more then a fake. Did you know that there was a man much like jesus who had followers and did many of the same 'miracles.' I like how the bible jumps around saying one thing is right one moment then wrong the next. yea im to lazy to look up exact text atm. the bible also says alot of good things that moral ppl shoud do aswell as alot crazy things. fortunately the bible is big enough that bible lovers can just pick the ones they like. but if god was enfalable he would write such crap. and if the bible was writtin/inspired by god it wouldnt be writtin so pourly or be so contradictory. I dont think there is anything wrong w/ the jewish/christian conception of god. infact I cannot deny or confirm a gods existantce in anyway. im just mearly stating that jesus couldnt have been god. or at the very least if he was the bible was writtin many years later soley by men and not by god. Basically just dont believe everything the bible tells you it was writting by MAN by a grp of ppl in constantinople who voted on what should and shouldnt enter the bible. Up until a few months ago i was very much a born again saved christian. wasnt until I began to study the bible i noticed teh errors of my way.
Here ill give a few things i found disturbing in the bible.
The earth was flat in the bible (believed to be true at the time MAN wrote it)
and all men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: (refers to the stoning of disobediant children)
exodus 21 verse 7 refers to selling your daughter into slavery
exodus 35 verse 2 anyone working on the sabbath is to be put to death (thats something you'd want to enforce?)

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Of course, I believe in God's promises about whoever believes and has their sins forgiven does go to Heaven, and whoever sins in God's eyes go to Hell. If you read in the bible, it tells you a lot about the Day of Judgement, where the world ends and He judges people to go to Heaven or Hell. The dates are unknown. The New Testament tells you the most about it!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by jakulitoCould you post some actual verses? Coz everything you posted where miracles and acts of Jesus. Out of context, those aren't promises but more like miracles performed by Jesus. Now are you asking if I believe in Jesus' miracles?

Now, maybe you're not quite aware of it but I'm a proud Christian and I read the bible for guidance. You don't really believe in all of those things mentioned in there, do you? Not literally, at least?

But to answer your question, maybe yes maybe no.

Nasa ang Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa.
Death Threat - Gusto kong Bumaet (1993)

Kung pipilitin ng tao, tutulong ang Panginoon.

Hey there if you wanna actual verses you can open your Bible if you have of course. If you really have read your Bible then you can be REALLY SURE about what the Only True God promises, no way for asking some questions..the fact is fact and i believe you DO believe facts of course from the Bible,the book that all Christians have..

I do agree of what you've said that gusto mong bumaet..its your own will jak, and if you want to be,its up to you,please do and act according to GOD'S REQUIREMENTS...because great reward will be at hand if you will! ;) And this thread will serve as guide of what is really God's purpose. :D

merged: 05-19-2006 ~ 02:59pm

Quote by animefairyOf course, I believe in God's promises about whoever believes and has their sins forgiven does go to Heaven, and whoever sins in God's eyes go to Hell. If you read in the bible, it tells you a lot about the Day of Judgement, where the world ends and He judges people to go to Heaven or Hell. The dates are unknown. The New Testament tells you the most about it!

Well, im glad to hear it from you, that you DO believe in God's promises..and im happy that you find the Holy Scriptures so interesting regarding The Judgement Day...your idea about heaven and hell is your idea! hehe! But do you really believe that good people goes to heaven and wicked ones to hell?
What is really Heaven and Hell by the way? What the Bilble really teach about them and what is the real truth of this so called "places of mankind after they die?"
If you wanna accurate answers then just visit www.watctower.org or just simply share what you believe in this thread and we're going to find out using of course our reliable reference, The Holy Scriptures! Im looking forward for your replies... ;)

merged: 05-19-2006 ~ 03:06pm

Quote by darkingramThere is no after life... that means, we don't have an immortal soul when we dies... If we die, our souls is also dies...

According to the Holy Scriptures we Are Living Souls and if we die we are Dead Soul..Well if we die then we have no immortal soul that travels... ^_^'

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by Araszun

Quote by DarkIngram

Friend you are misinterpreting these passages. The soul does indeed live on after death (if we are faithful we reside with our father, if not we suffer eternal destruction). Ezekial 18:4 is talking about the unfaithful that die, and when death is mentioned it is refering to being thrown into hell. Also Ecclesiastes and the Psalms written before My lord Christ Jesus came. Before the Lord came there was only sketchy knowledge of the after life ( which is why some parts of the Old Testament seem violent, because people wanted to see the punishment of their pursecuters) And John 11:11-14 says nothing about the after life. But still good thread :)

the only goes to heaven are the 144,00 faithful men & women... :D

They were to be resurrected to immortal life in heaven. Their final number is 144,000, and the first ones among them were Jesus' faithful first-century disciples.--Luke 12:32; 1 Corinthians 15:42-44; Revelation 14:1-5.

Under the rule of Jesus Christ and his heavenly corulers, peace and happiness will prevail in all the earth. (Psalm 37:9-11) Those in God's memory will be resurrected and will enjoy perfect health. (Acts 24:15) By their faithfulness to God, obedient mankind will be granted what our original parents lost everlasting life in human perfection on a paradise earth.--Revelation 21:3, 4.

Believing in afterlife is like breaking the true doctrines of Christianity about the resurrection of the dead to live in a beautiful Paradise.... there is no afterlife & there is no immortal soul... ~_~

God will resurrect us in this new world that has no suffering, no death, etc... :D

dreamkokoroangel

Mesmerize

Wow! you guys... What exactly are you talking about again? (lazy to read the para) But I'll answer the heading I suppose.
Our God never lies. The proof of that is what is happening on our earth right now, what he foretolds in the Bible is actually happening. :nerd:

"Its too late to confess now." - Ken Hidaka

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by ishimiAccording to the Holy Scriptures we Are Living Souls and if we die we are Dead Soul..Well if we die then we have no immortal soul that travels... ^_^'

Yup, that's correct! we are considered as a living soul... :) if we die, we are called dead souls... :)

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Hey, DarkIngram and/or Ishimi, just wondering...are you members of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (aka Jehovah's Witnesses)?

And yes, I do believe in His promises.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

The Bible isn't completely 'God's word.' Unless God has many words... The bible has changed a lot in the many a years it's been around and it's hard to trust what is and isn't real in it. 'Ye without sin cast the first stone' was most likely never said by Jesus since it wasn't in the earlier books...

Anyway, I think that God has nothing to do with earth at all. I think we help ourselves more than we get helped by God. The human body can heal itself of many illnesses such as cancer if it truly believes it's been healed. This has been demonstrated many a times by spiritual healers. We also rationalize what we see. If we see something that looks similar to something else said, then we assume that a prophesy is being fulfilled. Everyone thought that the Cold War would bring the apocalypse, but it didn't. People really thought then that the foretold end of the world was going to happen then, and people now see the end happening in another way. Reality is how we perceive it, not what it is.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

dark, do you even know the history of the bible? on how it was written, who wrote it? and how the contents of the bible was voted by our early church leaders? i never doubted the sanctity of Jesus, nor the teachings of our messiah.. i only adhere to one teaching of Christ, which encompasses all.. "love thy neighbor"

The Bible IS INDEED the Word of The Lord. You do not need to worry if it has any errors because The Lord himself has watched over it and guided all translations. The Bible is perfect because The Lord has made and kept it perfect.

merged: 05-24-2006 ~ 11:02am

Quote by shynakuThe Bible isn't completely 'God's word.' Unless God has many words... The bible has changed a lot in the many a years it's been around and it's hard to trust what is and isn't real in it. 'Ye without sin cast the first stone' was most likely never said by Jesus since it wasn't in the earlier books...

Anyway, I think that God has nothing to do with earth at all. I think we help ourselves more than we get helped by God. The human body can heal itself of many illnesses such as cancer if it truly believes it's been healed. This has been demonstrated many a times by spiritual healers. We also rationalize what we see. If we see something that looks similar to something else said, then we assume that a prophesy is being fulfilled. Everyone thought that the Cold War would bring the apocalypse, but it didn't. People really thought then that the foretold end of the world was going to happen then, and people now see the end happening in another way. Reality is how we perceive it, not what it is.

that is in regards to this

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Quote by kellyoThe Bible IS INDEED the Word of The Lord. You do not need to worry if it has any errors because The Lord himself has watched over it and guided all translations. The Bible is perfect because The Lord has made and kept it perfect.

How exactly did you know that 'The Lord' made it? Did you actually see him do it? Or did you just jump to that conclusion because a few hundred years ago somebody said so?

My understanding is that Satan encourages us to do things, not really God, so wouldn't a man-written book be influenced more by Satan? And the Bible has been translated over the years to make males seem more superior, so unless men are better than women in God's eyes, the book it not written by God.

Jesus may come and heal those next to him. Whoop dee freaking do. I'm not blind, nor am I lame, nor am I a lepar. What healing do I need? Physically, I am quite fit, and physical healing is all I see that Jesus has to offer.

Does your religion have any other benefits, because your competition gives me a nice dental plan and and mulitiple offers for a stable retirement.

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by shynakuThe Bible isn't completely 'God's word.' Unless God has many words... The bible has changed a lot in the many a years it's been around and it's hard to trust what is and isn't real in it. 'Ye without sin cast the first stone' was most likely never said by Jesus since it wasn't in the earlier books...

The Bible is Completely God's Word,"it is inspired by Him and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight!"-1 Timothy 3:16. If its not the Word of God do you think that it will be beneficial?

if you still dont believe that the Bible is NOT COMPLETELY Word of God then just imagine how those Bible prophecy was written, and as we all notice all the prophecies that were written long time ago has its fullfilment in our times.

The Bible is accurate:

It even contains information ahead of time.For example, the book of Leviticus contained Laws for the ancient Israel for quarantine and hygiene when surrounding nations knew nothing about such matters. Another is at the time when there were wrong ideas about the shape of the earth, the Bible referred to it as circle, or sphere( Isaiah 40:22) Also the Bible accurately said that the earth 'hangs upon NOTHING.'-Job 27:6.
Sure it is not a science textbook but when it discusses about those matters it is ACCURATE. Is this not what we would expect of a book from God?

Bible is historically acurate and reliable:

All its account is specific. They include not only the names but also the ancestry of the individulas. For example Jesus Christ. His ancestral line is set out in Luke 3:23-28.
As we can saee that in contrast to historians,who do not mention the defeats of his own people, Bible writers were honest even the records of their own failings and those of their nations.Read about the failures of Moses in the Book of Numbers.(Numbers 20:1-2)

The Bible is a Book of Prophecy:

The Bible contains numerous of prophecies, many of which are already been fulfilled.
Cosider the example of the prophet Isaiah, who lived in the 18th century B.C.E.,God foretold that the City of Babylon would be destroyed.-Isaiah 13:19;14:22'23.
Details were given to show just how this would happen. Invading armies would dry up the Babylon's River and march into the City without a battle. And yet that is not all. Isaiah's prophecy even named the king who would conquer Babylon,the king was Cyprus-Isaiah 44:27-45:2.

As we've notice the babylon now is desolate because is it prophesized..and yet it its true because it will be desolated permanently.-Isaiah 13:20.

merged: 05-27-2006 ~ 09:00am

Quote by CLAMPchicHey, DarkIngram and/or Ishimi, just wondering...are you members of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (aka Jehovah's Witnesses)?

And yes, I do believe in His promises.

Yes we are, that's why we are ministering in our own simple ways to teach and feed the people who are hungry in spiritual sense and to give Jehovah God glory! :D

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

jesus lives! hahahahah
nah, joke aside, I believe a promise that is made as a person, not some unproven person of the hebrew origin that has been distorted and convulated over time by a religion as convulated as the origin itself described in a third person transcript of a book you all love to quote KNOWN AS THE BIBLE.
hahahha... irony no? You are putting faith in a person that is dead. The thing would have been more believable if the person can be proven to be alive and actually did existed.
There are more mysteries circling the birth of christianity than not, and the idea would have been twisted along the way too. I rather believe in a concrete person to person promise, written in black and white, heard with my own ears rather than believe in something unproven.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Ishima... When trying to prove that a book is not fake, don't quote the book. It's like saying I believe the sky is blue because the person down the street told me it was. It may be true that the sky is blue, but the person could also tell you that it's purple and if you've never seen the sky yourself, you would believe it purple.

And some refutes to your ideas, that bible also says that the four beasts went to the four corners of the earth, but a sphere has no corners. The earth hangs upon gravity if you want to get down to basics... But the bible makes the earth the center of the universe, so why would it need to hang on something? Other things would hang on it. A simple way to control people is make them feel like the center of everything.

Did you know that Jesus was born four time? He has four supposed birthdates, a couple years after 0AD, on 0AD, a couple years before 0AD, and about 100 years before 0AD. Obviously the book cannot be completely correct if the person can have four birthdates. But, also, I believe that it's Luke that has been proven to not be very correct in the times of which things took place, poven by the historians who are searching for a deeper faith, so they are religious and not just trying to get rid of Christianity.

The only fault I see with any prophesies is that they were already made. If people have open access to the prophesies, then they will see that their time for action has occurred. Just thinking that there is no way you could loose something because of God or Religion or anything else from that matter is enough to drastically increase the success of what you're doing. If they knew to cut off the water then just march in, then that's how they did it, because they thought that's how they would conquer it, which they then did.

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by shynakuIshima... When trying to prove that a book is not fake, don't quote the book. It's like saying I believe the sky is blue because the person down the street told me it was. It may be true that the sky is blue, but the person could also tell you that it's purple and if you've never seen the sky yourself, you would believe it purple.

And some refutes to your ideas, that bible also says that the four beasts went to the four corners of the earth, but a sphere has no corners. The earth hangs upon gravity if you want to get down to basics... But the bible makes the earth the center of the universe, so why would it need to hang on something? Other things would hang on it. A simple way to control people is make them feel like the center of everything.

Did you know that Jesus was born four time? He has four supposed birthdates, a couple years after 0AD, on 0AD, a couple years before 0AD, and about 100 years before 0AD. Obviously the book cannot be completely correct if the person can have four birthdates. But, also, I believe that it's Luke that has been proven to not be very correct in the times of which things took place, poven by the historians who are searching for a deeper faith, so they are religious and not just trying to get rid of Christianity.

The only fault I see with any prophesies is that they were already made. If people have open access to the prophesies, then they will see that their time for action has occurred. Just thinking that there is no way you could loose something because of God or Religion or anything else from that matter is enough to drastically increase the success of what you're doing. If they knew to cut off the water then just march in, then that's how they did it, because they thought that's how they would conquer it, which they then did.

Shynaku, I really appreciate your Scriptural reasoning...i dont want to have debate..
But always remember the symbolic side of the Holy Scriptures we cannot argue the symbolic side of it. Read and UNDERSTAND the Bible very well so that your doubts will be answered. I'm sure further Bible study will help you examine what the BIlble really teaches! :)

After reading the bible, the only promise I can find is that we all will mature, how to interpret this, is for everyone different. And the rest... there are too much contradictions on which I havent figured out a way to understand them.

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by GEEAfter reading the bible, the only promise I can find is that we all will mature, how to interpret this, is for everyone different. And the rest... there are too much contradictions on which I havent figured out a way to understand them.

Try to think the Life you have now..it will be prolonged and you will live forever only if you will understand the Bible. There's much more benefits we can gain by not only reading, understanding it but to apply it is such a vital one. :D

Hope you 'll find it enjoyable..
It is.. :) I'm sure! :D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.