Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What "the Only True God" Promises? - Minitokyo

What "the Only True God" Promises?

Do you Believe in God's promises?

Yup! I believe in His promises!
11 votes
Maybe...
1 votes
I don't know...
3 votes
No!!! I don't believe in God
8 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

All of these religious discussions are so unfair, when it comes down to it I wont listen to anyone who say's their right and that there's one true word. I'm friends with a canon in the christian churchs and I'm always happy to listen to him because he uses the bible as a moral guide, not as an absolute truth and solid fact book. When he speaks of the bible he doesn't once try to drill into people that this is the only way to live, in fact he often seems to support buddhism in my talks with him. He admits the many flaws in the bible and admits there are many people who interpret it in many ways, and who's to say theirs is right. It's this open mind that deserves to be teaching the word.

I have no doubt that jesus was a real person however one interesting thing I remember him telling me about is the birth of jesus. The three wise men followed a night star to find the birth place of jesus, apparently this wasn't a star and jesus was actually born before he was born, that is he was born a couple of years BC. A couple of years BC (i forget exactly when) Jupiter could be seen clearly from Earth , if you didn't make the link it is assumed it was actually jupiter the three wise men followed. This is one place where science meets the bible and slightly helps prove the writings as true.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

ibrahimm

ibrahimm

Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum

How can anyone NOT believe in god... Lets say this:

When u c a verry old almost destroyed castle... U know its been made.. made by humans who had the technology to build it.

When u look at tree's, u think its mother nature...

When u look at the entire galaxy, do u think it hasnt been MADE?

Scientists now days are positive that the space is expanding fast. If u reverse that, space, as u know will shrink.

Shrink to 1 point. The starting point of this here entire space..

so yes, God exists and has created everything for humans

Orokawa Ototoyo........

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by ibrahimmHow can anyone NOT believe in god... Lets say this:

When u c a verry old almost destroyed castle... U know its been made.. made by humans who had the technology to build it.

When u look at tree's, u think its mother nature...

When u look at the entire galaxy, do u think it hasnt been MADE?

Scientists now days are positive that the space is expanding fast. If u reverse that, space, as u know will shrink.

Shrink to 1 point. The starting point of this here entire space..

so yes, God exists and has created everything for humans

Nice point...i hope everybody has that practical and realistic mind like yours! :D

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

What on EARTH does that prove?! That the castle exists, that the trees exist, the the Galaxy exists. YAY. Now what? Oh, space will shrink to one point, and this proves god's existance? What? How is this logical, pray tell?

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

Quote by DarkIngram[Note: If you don't believe in the bible, you're not believing in God, because the bible is "God's Word"]

I guess all the other religions with a God that lack the Bible don't count.

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

And what particular God's promise you are pertaining to? you just mentioned all Jesus' miracles (eg healing..)

miracles of healing is not a sign of God's blessing today and even in the times of saint Paul. . . if you believe that miracle of healing is still part of distinction of a true church, then you are mislead once again...

to answer the question...
yes. i do believe on all God's promise.. once He promised something,,, for sure it will happen..

"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. "
- Hebrews 6:10

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.