Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The perfect song for an AMV? - Minitokyo

The perfect song for an AMV?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I've found, through my musical travels, a good many songs that'd go just perfectly with a particular series; for example: the song "Shotgun" by BachmanTurnerOverdrive, with Trigun footage.
What about everyone out there in Minitokyo land? Ever find a song that would go great to an anime or manga scene/anime music video?

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

JamesCID

JamesCID

S.O.S. Dan Vicepresident

Toughtless-Korn with Elfen Lied footage

Signature Image
Haruhi theme; USE IT!

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

in the end - linkin park : well, it goes just perfect for multi-anime...i've did a few ones on it using Adobe Premiere, and they ended up being really cool!

Crawling - linkin park : well...u choose for that one ;)

my sacrifice - creed : same thing as the top one ;)

hero - Chad creoger : i did one for Inuyasha, it was pretty nice, and i was going to do one for Bleach, but never completed it

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Sounds great! What do you all think of the song "99 Red Balloons" to Neon Genesis Evangelion footage? The version by the band Goldfinger or the cover by Blondie; take your pick:).

Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.

Interesting! But what do you think about "Holding out for a Hero"
someone make it with anime Gundam Seed and I think it's cool :))

I don't make AMVs (atcually I don't know how to make one at all XD), but lots of AMVs I've seen uses the songs of Likin Park.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I don't know how to make AMV's either-I want to learn, though. I know what you mean about the L.P. music; I've heard of one utilizing Digimon footage to "Crawling"(is this even LP? Ah, well)!

megaman917

megaman917

The Gentleman

If you wish to learn how to make AMVs click on the link below
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/
All you really need is an idea, footage, music, and video editing software.

There are over 6,100 AMVs listed at animemusicvideos.org using music by Linkin Park, and thousand more on various internet sites. Statistics show that Linkin Park is the most over used artist in AMVs. One of the most over used songs in AMVs is in fact In The End by Linkin Park. The majority of the AMV community is more or less no longer interested in seeing AMVs that use any song by Linkin Park, especially if it uses In The End. Most of these AMVs show a lack of originality and a lack of effort on the part of the creator. (Also most of them are just a pain to watch, making them a great torture method)

I'm not implying that said band sucks or anything like that. I, myself, am a fan of their music; but the concept of putting Linkin Park's music in an AMV has been done to death and back.

I can't stop anyone from making a LP AMV, and I have no interest in trying

In my opinion, there is no such thing as the perfect song for an AMV, regardless of song or anime. People have different tastes in anime, and different tastes in music. Many AMVers tend to use one and only one genre of music, while others tend to use multiple genres; some of whom, myself included, lean towards one particular genre and may sometimes or rarely use any other. And with different tastes in music, come different ideas. One person may picture a certain song with a certain anime, while the next can't picture said combination at all. Therefore, I believe that there is no such thing as the perfect song for an AMV.

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

I totally agree with you on everything megaman.

1. Linkin Park is so overused basically now I look at an amv and if its Linkin Park I wont even bother looking at it. Thier songs are so emo so everyone is like oh I can do the most leetest amv to that. Bzzt wrong you are just impressing the noobs. Mind you there are a couple of Linkin Park amvs that I have that will never be beaten in terms of the way they are made but these were back in the early days before every 2nd person used thier songs.

2. There is no perfect song, it all goes on the creators tastes. Usually people tend to base thier songs around the atmosphere of the anime. With my personal amvs and others that I look for I tend to break away from the popular songs and go for the other ones that express other things. An excellent example is VicBond007's amv to Excel Saga using Summer Overture. He turned the most funniest crack anime into something that looked so depressing and sad. So I would say the perfect song for an amv would be one that tends to lean away from the others and stands out more

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

I'd say that any of Weird Al's songs can be used for an AMV if you wanna make it funny of course. His songs ROCK!

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

megaman917

megaman917

The Gentleman

Quote by Haohmaru77I'd say that any of Weird Al's songs can be used for an AMV if you wanna make it funny of course. His songs ROCK!

Like I said before this all depends on the creator's taste in music.

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)

There are a lot of songs that fit with AMVs. It acually depends on the series, and how you set it up. If a couple is lovey-dovey, its probably best to do a romantic song. And etc. Evanesence and Linkin Park songs were overkilled though. They were really good songs and fit into many anime AMVs, but there are too many for them.

Signature
	Image Join Free Wallers! Free--Wallers

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

My apologies, Megaman917-I meant to make it clear that it was more of an "In your opinion" forum, though I thank you profusely for catching me on this oversight; I appreciate this very much. Like you said, the "perfect" AMV depends on one's tastes.

00Sephi00

00Sephi00

Smile and i'll fly

Noir - Nightwish: Bare Grace Misery => the most beautiful AMV i've ever seen, no doubt on it :)

gundamgeek

Konoha senpou Bi*ch

I say the pulp fiction theme for ny action comedy.(FMP esque series.

Aiden- "Die romantic" for any goth shojo

Keirei

Keirei

Panda Otaku

The best I've seen done are.. "Fiction", by Orgy, done to Outlaw Star clips, and "Worlds Collide", by Powerman 5000. I want to make a video to "Girls and Boys" by Blur, of clips from I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs or some other crossdressing show, just beacuse it'd be funny. xD There are a lot of more serious ones I'd like to make too..

I've done in my own past AMV
Air TV - Kingdom Heart II Sanctuary
Full Moon - What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts
and my newest one which is really funny, I did Elfen Lied to a really good song that I Have no clue who it is that sings the song. It was given to me awhile back by someone and it had no title or singer name >.>;; but it a really good song. If I ever find out who sings it, would be great lol

Signature
+I like Celestial backgrounds++Proud Member Of DNAngel Fans++Member Of Loving Ayashi-no-Ceres+
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

beautifuldreamer1289

beautifuldreamer1289

Cosplay Goddess

i reli like it when people dont use rock songs for amvs, like if they use even classical music (as long as its well done) then the effect is amazing. if you have an account at animemusicvideos.org (and i HIGHLY suggest you getone) then watch "caffeine encomium" by kevin caldwell, its AMAZING. like seriously. the most amazing halarious thing ever.

anyway, back on topic, if a song is used very often for amvs, such as any green day or linkin park song, it gets to be annoying, cuz the reli good ones are hard to notice cuz people look at all the amvs and are like, "o great, ANOTHER linkin park/watever video? no thanks!" so ya...

url=http://groups.minitokyo.net/intothesky/]||IntoTheSky:AG||[/url]
DNangel-DarkWings

i believe that using 45 would be an intersting amv, yet which anime to use would be a hard choice

spinSkittles

spinSkittles

.:or something like that.:

The perfect song for an AMV?
Anything that ISN'T Linkin Park, SOAD, Evanescence, or any other bogus mainstream garbage. :P

xxxHOLiC + Shpongle are a perfect match... or perhaps a perfect mismatch?
They're both bizarre, eerie, unique, and downright awesome. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the mainstreamers here don't know 'em, but o well!

Signature Image

ive always loved move along by all american rejects
i saw this awsome naruto amv to it

if only the naruto shows were any good id watch them but there kinda retarded i like the comics way better that believe thing that he says gets on my nerves in the show

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.