Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Remember all those crazy fads? - Minitokyo

Remember all those crazy fads?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Hey all,

I was rummaging through my old stuff from when I was a child and I found some interesting things. Basketball cards and Pogs!

hehehe... anyone remember the fads or trends that went through your school when you were kids?

I remember the first fad I hooked onto was the Basketball card craze... I think it was almost 10 years ago. I used collect the cards in one of those freebie photo albums from photo developer stores. I was a smart kid though ^_^ I didn't spend any money at all on my collection, most of it was given to me by friends.

Then came the POG craze. I'm not sure if it was popular in other countries. Basically pogs were like little disc shaped things (usually made of cardboard) with a picture or something on it, there was also a bigger plastic or metal disc called a "slammer" that you used when you challenged someone else for their pogs. The challengers stacked some of their pogs (picture face down) on top of each other and used the "Slammer" to try to flip the stack. If you managed to flip Any pogs, then you get to keep them.

For the younger MT members: what are the fads in your schools now?

For the older MT members: what fads do you remember from back in your school days?

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

ko1

I remember my friends and I being big into hockey cards, Dinosaurs Attack! cards, "Wacky Packages" stickers, Hot Wheels, LEGO (Technic rules!), GI Joe and Transformers toys.

Most of this stuff was either thrown out, given away, or sold at various garage sales over the years but I do still have my original Optimus Prime and a good bit of that LEGO.

"I want it all and all at once" - Marquis de Sade

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

i rember the fad were in right now the emo fad but that is just a new version of the ogth fad and don't yell at me for saying that cause I know i'm telling the truth just take a few minutes out and look at them there exactly the same they just have diffrent names

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

midnightLOVERS

midnightLOVERS

.:THE QUEEN OF HEARTS:.

in elementary school which was WAY back for me saying that im a senior next schhol year but i remember collecting pokemon cards. i remember being so in love with them and always collecting them with everyone else the the scools eventually banned them from school grounds.

i also remember waking up earlier saturday morning just to watch the saturday cartoons that would come on like pokemon, mon collie knights, and the likes.

ahh. those were the good ol days. hahaha.

midnightLOVERS

Avatar, signature, and userpage skin all thanks to k1ru
Signature Image
soon love soon

dMp

dMp

^___________^

Quote by midnightLOVERSin elementary school which was WAY back for me saying that im a senior next schhol year but i remember collecting pokemon cards. i remember being so in love with them and always collecting them with everyone else the the scools eventually banned them from school grounds.

i also remember waking up earlier saturday morning just to watch the saturday cartoons that would come on like pokemon, mon collie knights, and the likes.

ahh. those were the good ol days. hahaha.

midnightLOVERS

lol yeah Pokemon cards was one of the biggest fads i ever got into when i was back in high school. my friends and i constantly searched for the Charizard holo-graphic card. i think i must have spend a good few hundred dollars total on just Pokemon cards.

then came Yugioh cards lmao! i got even deeper into it. must have spent over 1G on it ^_^' crazy ain't i? even some college students brought them to campus and dueled each other with their decks. as time goes, it just sort of dies like any fads, so yeah i've stopped collecting them, although i still keep what's left of my yugioh cards especially my deck haha. all my pokemon cards are gone except a few holos.

Abandicoot

Abandicoot

Princess of all bandicoots

Oh the good old days, I remember all of those things ESPECIALLY pokemon. I also remember gigapets. I had at least four of them. They were like children to my little third grade self. Butterflly hair ties were a big one too (if your a girl).

Abandicoot (thanks for the sig "Limefreak") Signature

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Quote by AbandicootOh the good old days, I remember all of those things ESPECIALLY pokemon. I also remember gigapets. I had at least four of them. They were like children to my little third grade self. Butterflly hair ties were a big one too (if your a girl).

Yeah, pokemon! And Sailor Moon too! Girls go gaga over the shoujo anime! Including me! :D

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

pogs, NBA cards, Marvel cards,those were the ones i got crazy with when i was in elementary. i sold my NBA cards collection when i was in high school i made like approx $1500....rookie cards particularly have high value, i still have my pogs and Marvel cards collection...

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Aye, at the time, it was really really popular to have a cap from Hard Rock in my place. Hard Rock cafe was only opened, due to some happenings down at KL, it was really spread wide.
A brand of the celebrities perhaps, so I was around 13 years, prolly younger, and that fad was huge.
Everyone wears a Hard Rock Cafe cap.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I used to play Magic: The Gathering religiously in middle school. That was ages ago. I tink my little broter still plays occasionally, so I gave all of my cards to him. I built alot of LEGOS too, and I pretty much have my collection still intact. Before I left home I took them all apart and reassembled them to make sure I had all the pieces, then cleaned each one with a toothbrush (they had many years of dust accumulated. it was pretty gross.) and put them in bags. Maybe when I'm old and retired I'll take them out again and play with them with some grandkids or something.

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

My fads when i was at school were first "tazos", small dish-shaped metal pieces. We'd play all day long with them. then those spinning toys, the ones with the string you know... we call them "trompos"; then diabolos, then those electronic pets, then skateboarding, and now, its cellphones... haha, fads come and go, theyre quite fun. What i DO remember is that i got many of my friends into Magic: the Gathering (the game was played mostly by collegers when i learned it)... im still proud of having taught them into it...

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

hmmm lol well Pogs were in when i was a kid and Hot Wheels., Gigapets and Pokemon were out when i was like 13 and then Yu Gi Oh! cards were all in junior year of high school (i'm only 20)...it seemed kinda silly that kids my age were playing Yu Gi Oh lol but yeah that was in..nowadays I don't even know anymore lol

Wow I remember Pogs! As I recall I just came across them a little while ago when I moved recently. That is so funny. Another fad is the Gigapets and Furbys. They are back now! Jelly bracelets, they are also back. Those slap bracelets too. Trapper Keepers were really cool too. I wonder why they aren't around anymore. :) That is all I can think of for now. :D

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

if i may add, i also used to collect Lego's when i was younger, in fact i had built a small Lego city in our attic....they're still there ,though i haven't touched nor seen them in 5 years...

Signature

babysitters books

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.