Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question for people who watch or used to watch InuYasha - Minitokyo

Question for people who watch or used to watch InuYasha

Tagged under Inuyasha

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Hi I was just wondering if there was people out there who thought that InuYasha was a series that went on too long and was the same old thing almost every episode and was too repetitive, or if people still love the show no matter what? I love this show a lot it was the first one I watched ever and it got me into anime in the first place. Its always been my favorite show and I wish it was longer then it is. I don't think it was too repetitive at all. What do you think? :\

Truthfully I got kind of bord of Inuyasha as it got toward the end, because it had to many filler episodes. But alot of people put up with the show anyway. So to answer you questions, yes and no.

Bloody repetitive.

How many times must they cut apart Naraku and only to have him return in one piece? The whole series is grossly episodic. You can skip tens of those episodes and still be able to understand what is happening in later episodes. I skipped episode 50 and jumped to 100-something. As far as I care to remember, it's just a few more side characters (who don't play a pivotal role anyway) and Inuyasha learning one or two new moves. The ending is also as bad and inconclusive as it gets: Naraku still alive, our heroes on the ever-continuing search for the Shikon gem, blah blah blah.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Boring...repetitive and without an anime ending (because the manga still in work) a perfect example of a nice idear that start to rotten (naruto docet)

the series could have easily been 50 episodes.

THe major flaws is that the main villain hides for 2/3 of the series, Kagome/Inuyasha deal with the same relationship promblem over, over, over and over again, and theres the fact that Inuyasha's friends become more or less useless.

It being long didn't bug me, just certain things were kind of repetitive. Like the whole Naraku situation,that could have been done a bit better... Besides a few things, i loved it! ^.^ Just wish they would have planned or worked out a bit more,seeing as how they haven't finished the anime series of it yet cause of the manga x.x but overall i loved it.

Well, Inuyasha introduced me to anime too and it had been my favourite series for a very long time. But then I started watching other anime and I realised that a good story can be compressed in less then 100 episodes. Yes, sometimes Inuyasha is repetitive, but it has its charm.

Quote by KinezumiHi I was just wondering if there was people out there who thought that InuYasha was a series that went on too long and was the same old thing almost every episode and was too repetitive, or if people still love the show no matter what? I love this show a lot it was the first one I watched ever and it got me into anime in the first place. Its always been my favorite show and I wish it was longer then it is. I don't think it was too repetitive at all. What do you think? :\

well did you ever think about the movies? i have one through four and i think they are awsome but to be truthfull Inu-Yasha made it pritty far for a cartoon.

Inuyasha could have been a great show if it were a lot shorter and thought out better. Because its got a good plot, cool characters and decent romances. But the show was to long and to repetitive for its own good. It should have been 50 episodes at the most. All those pointless filler episodes weren't even that good, no decent jokes, no major romance advancement, nothing that really moved the plot. Now I love Inuyasha and all but eventually ya just can't take it anymore. The only part of that show I can ever watch is the end and its not like I've missed out on anything.

Incase none of you actually know this, InuYasha isn't actually over. The Anime is done, it stops at around Episode 167, or something like that. But the Manga is way, way longer. They're past Chapter 410. Way past it now, probably around 500 or 600. You should pick up the Manga if you're still interested in it.

I know that. But having endured the overly repetitive plots in the anime, what reason is there to pick up the manga anyway?

i think the end is bad because it let's you a little mouth-opened because naraku isn't killed or nothing happenes with him. the only thing that is fine is the fact that inuyasha and kagome realize what they feel for each other

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yeah I think I am getting a bit disappointed/bored with it later on. I think the problem lies with the fact that it's just simply too long. like others said, it seems that every time they're about to get Naraku, he runs away and they just give up, watching dumbly instead of chasing him and giving that finishing blow.

I mean, the development in the manga is pretty interesting (esp the latest ones), and Sessh with the Tenseiga is interesting too, but it seems that it's dragging on way too long, and gets to a point where you almost don't expect anything out of the battles anymore. they meet, fight for a bit, and nothing's resolved except maybe someone learns a new technique. which brings to another point.

there's so much focus on Inuyasha's sword and the techniques he adds to it. Although they're cool, I find them overly gaudy. it seems that he is never be satisfied with the amount of power, always looking for opportunities to add to it. it seems that the older techniques have disappeared. I remember they called the Wind Scar Tetsaiga's "ultimate technique", but he hardly uses it anymore.

Inuyasha's not the only one. the same applies to Sess, Kouga, Naraku, and Mouryoumaru, where all they do is to make themselves stronger. it seems that humans like Sango, Miroku, and Kagome, hardly even fight anymore. they just stand on the sidelines watching Inuyasha battling it out with whomever, making occasional comments.

With so much emphasis on the battles and learning new techniques, there's not much drama, emotions, or development of the characters/relationships anymore. Sango and Miroku's relationship kinda paused in its development after 156 (?) (well, there is some development in the latest manga chap). Inuyasha's rivalry with Sesshoumaru has disappeared (in fact, we haven't seen Sess in a few chapters). Inuyasha's relationship with Kagome seems to go nowhere. but at least the Inuyasha Kouga relationship is still present and developing. the general focus seems to weigh too much on what happens to the plot (which seems to be moving in some senses, but getting nowhere in that they still can't figure out how to destroy Naraku) and not enough on the characters and their thoughts/feelings. although I understand that this is an action/adventure series, the characters/relationships are important too.

Another problem is the repetition of conflicts, partly due to its stretched-out length. While Inuyasha's relationship with Kikyou has developed, the plot of him chasing after her, she scorns him, and Kagome getting upset (and Inu gets the sit) gets recycled quite a lot, and it gets old after a while. same with the Sango Kohaku relationship. although it has developed quite a lot, esp in recent chapters, the fact that Sango still can't accept that fact that Kohaku is dead already and can't move on, then Miroku offers some comfort, although has its appeal, gets to be repetitious after a while.

Another thing that adds to the fact that it becomes somewhat boring for me after a while are those filler eps. while some are funny/amusing/interesting side stories, some are just plain unneccessary (like those Shippo eps) and just adds to the length of the series.

I think the series could be compressed so much and still get the point across (much better even). Do we honestly need that many episodes/chapters?

We've been waiting for the (hopefully) dramatic final battle for so long, that I fear since it's been dragged out so much, it might end up anti-climatic (because now we expect so much due to all the weapon upgrades). Or maybe Naraku's like a cockroach and just won't die!

coyotes

Demonic Ice Mirrors

The anime started going downhill sometime after episode 52 thanks to uninteresting battles with long-ranged attacks and worthless plots. The manga just couldn't spark the interest of anyone thanks to a weekly dose of insignificant and uninteresting chapters. Even someone like me who was once an avid inuyasha fan never thought of watching the fourth movie.

Hopefully though, the string of unimpressive chapters would finally come to a stop thanks to what has happened in the last few chapters. Everything that I had been waiting to happen in the manga for so long actually happened the last few weeks...

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

The premise is good, the first 2 seasons were good I thought, after that it started to go downhill. It did become quite repeatative. Inu Yasha's quest to become stronger so he could defeat Naraku and his older Brother Sesshomaru turned into a quest of how he can make his sword stronger...without his sword he was nothing. If anyone felt the series was repeative and hasn't seen the ending to it...you will not be happy let me tell you that.

I guess one of my questions is...did the InuYasha series run back to back to back episodes like Naruto does? Were there any breaks between seasons? I see this as a problem, I notice most animes run back to back with no breaks of any decent size in them. For animes based of a manga this poses a large problem, they will eventually catch up to the manga. Why instead of putting in un-original (not all of them are) filler episodes, don't they just stop the anime for a couple of months and pick up with the original story. It boggles my mind. Production companies are more interested in the all mighty dollar I think then putting out a decent story now.

casey22

casey22

F.A.I.T.H. Member

i do love it very much, and like you, it got me into anime. but sometimes, it gets a little bit repetetive.

coyotes

Demonic Ice Mirrors

Quote by fluke
I guess one of my questions is...did the InuYasha series run back to back to back episodes like Naruto does? Were there any breaks between seasons? I see this as a problem, I notice most animes run back to back with no breaks of any decent size in them. For animes based of a manga this poses a large problem, they will eventually catch up to the manga. Why instead of putting in un-original (not all of them are) filler episodes, don't they just stop the anime for a couple of months and pick up with the original story. It boggles my mind. Production companies are more interested in the all mighty dollar I think then putting out a decent story now.

I think the longest break they had between episodes was 1 month, if i remember correctly... and naruto, and probably bleach also are following the same fatal mistake of using fillers. I actually thought the same thing also... why not follow the likes of cardcaptor sakura and tsubasa chronicle and take a 6 month break... It won't hurt much to take a break. Profit-wise, i think it doesn't make any sense to do crappy filler episodes since around 75% won't be watching those. Not only that, it'll also lead to disinterest on the anime, then the disinterest also in their products...

I still like Inuyasha i dont think its boring at all...although i hate how many times Inuyasha gos to see Kikyo its sickining.....thats the only boring part about the show....

e.g' green, e.g.' brown, e.g,'yellow

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Hey! I agree with you! InuYasha was the one who got me hooked on anime. And I'm glad that I got hooked on anime. XD Well, I think InuYasha is a never ending series and I'm glad of that cuase the first time I saw InuYasha was about 5 years ago and I'm still loving it! I got all 3 of the movies soo far.

Signature Image

actually...without inuyasha...i would never be hooked 2 anime... is it true that the manga is still ongoing? bcoz i took a look on book 42...there still isn an ending...i'm still an inuyasha lover!

Really, I didn't finished watching Inuyasha, but in fact I like long anime series

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

Inuyasha... to long?! XD I'd say it whas too sort. I whas kinda disapointed whin it ended. In fact, I whas rely disaponted. This is the anime theat got me here in the first place. In fact, if Inuyasha woulde't have existed in the first place and if I whasen't ding to find aut what hapend in the manga leter on, I would have never found Minitokyo. And thea also means I wouden't have met all the wonderful people here and I would nener ever find aut soo meny geat tinga abaut anime. I must thenk Rumiko Takahashi for creating the manga. If it wase't for her, I would have never be how I am now.
And to anser the question, I would have liked for the show to ontinue. Theat whay I woulden't kill myself by tring to find the manga on the net T_T (it diden't arive in overe contry)

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

Inuyasha is a good series :)

But it gets repetitive towards the end with all the filler episodes and

Naraku keep coming back o_0

But the movies are pretty good ;) ;) ;)

I love this series! I would never say it was too long XD Because I love watching each episode ... sometimes when they would repeat stuff it would get annoying, but this is still one of my FAVOURITE series ever!

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.