Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 (Tentative) W.A.R. Planning Thread - Minitokyo

(Tentative) W.A.R. Planning Thread

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

http://ikun.net/flyin/war2005/index.html << last year's W.A.R. website, thanks nageni-kun for hosting <3

A quick summary for people who didn't know about the W.A.R. last year, it was a wallpaper competition between six groups on MT, with six members making up each team, and three rounds: first two rounds to determine the winning group, and then one last round for the highest scoring individual wallers in the first two rounds. There was also a wallpaper collab round for the six groups.

Quote by GidAs of right now, the [AP] War is slotted to end in the end of August. If enough people are still interested at the end of August, then we'll move on to a Fall installment. As far as doubling up the two event goes, W.A.R. only has a few rounds, right? So unless the an army for the War decided to battle all the other armies at the exact same time, it shouldn't result in that much of a burnout for walling.

Quote by kiopiLooks like if it's a 4 vs 4 battle (numbers can vary based on challenge terms I think), only 4 (who have free time) will participate while the ones tied with other stuff can sit out and give support by contributing ideas, providing additional effects via on PSD, etc. Looks more flexible as it takes into account those who might not be able to participate that round. It's more team based than individual vs individual.

Excellent idea. XD

Tentative Starting Date: late June 2006

If you're interested in participating in other ways (like organizing) drop me a PM :)

http://the-planning-board.minitokyo.net/ << Moving planning over to this group, please join/sign up for the w.a.r. there :)

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Well, last year's edition certainly proved that I just can't hack it, sadly. Still feeling guilty for bringing down my team mates.

Hence, I won't be joining in this time. Sides, I'm technically out of the walling business entirely.

Good luck to the future participants.

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

Didnt get to join last year and I think i'm ready to join this time round. Count me in~

Signature

Quote by white-zeroWell, last year's edition certainly proved that I just can't hack it, sadly. Still feeling guilty for bringing down my team mates.

That's not true you know....

Anyways; I don't think many people are capable of dealing with 2 major events at a time. And I don't think I am one of them while having this serious and annoying block. I prefer this one ll be after summer or at the end of summertime I don't know...just postpone it xD

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I'm certainly interested in another W.A.R here at Minitokyo and I'm definitely sure that the groups could probably be able to recruit people and many different people this time round. Of course, there were a few rocks on the path after W.A.R, but this time round everything should be fine- as long as everything's consistent... either no descriptions are needed at all (a bit like Arete), and all entries kept anonymous.

There is the question about AP's Battle though. I think it could seriously cut down on a few entries... I remember the DERKA being at around the same time as W.A.R, and that made many people pressed for time.

Because I'm on the other side of the world, I'm assuming that summer is very soon? Lol, if so I don't even think I can participate >_< Probably one whole year (around Sept/ Oct/ Nov) after the first W.A.R may help... but I'm not sure @_@;;

*runs off to ask other UA peeps >_<*

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I love competitions... but ever since TREC, I just haven't been able to come up with creative walls... Everything I've done since TREC have been vectors...

If it were a group competition, I'd definitely join up as one of many working on a wall, but I'm not sure about being in an individual competition this time round... I just don't have a walling spark...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

I'd be in.

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

Didnt knnew bout it last year, but it sounds pretty fun XD
Yay for doujinshis!
Ill call my team---STRAWHAT PIRATES!
is there a team? @__@

Well...why not? =D

Let's do it! I know I'm going to die, but who cares!

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
World Domination is OURS!

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Thanks for the feedback guys :3 Umm the way I see it so far is you've gotta pick between one of two evils with regards to timing. One is a) doing it in summertime at the same time as the AP war, but since it's summer, overall there is more free time; b) doing it AFTER AP war, but have it during the school year. Last year we definitely bumped up against finals pressure, etc. which was not cool, so I remember thinking "We should've done it in the summer."

One way to avoid the walling burn with overlapping contests is if the wallpaper part of this contest is scaled down, but I guess that's impossible to plan for until we figure out how many people want to do this >_<

...and it sounds like people on the whole are still interested in doing this in groups? :)

Quote by flyindreamsThanks for the feedback guys :3 Umm the way I see it so far is you've gotta pick between one of two evils with regards to timing. One is a) doing it in summertime at the same time as the AP war, but since it's summer, overall there is more free time; b) doing it AFTER AP war, but have it during the school year. Last year we definitely bumped up against finals pressure, etc. which was not cool, so I remember thinking "We should've done it in the summer."

One way to avoid the walling burn with overlapping contests is if the wallpaper part of this contest is scaled down, but I guess that's impossible to plan for until we figure out how many people want to do this >_<

...and it sounds like people on the whole are still interested in doing this in groups? :)

Yup that's pretty much my thought...doing it at the same time as another major event is tough but I know I'll have free time this summer...and I know I'm going to be superbusy this fall
Maybe late summer (July-Aug?) would be a good compromise?

Doing in it in groups is a fun way to organize it
I'd be up for non-walling challenges for more variety too though

merged: 05-21-2006 ~ 05:24am
Oh...and I would be thrilled if there was specifically a doujinshi component

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Agree with cyd idea about late summer, with the WAR on AP is very difficult to make original and high quality walls, get the picture of a waller that have to make one wall for first round on W.A.R and in the same week have to make a new one for a big battle on WAR...real hard for some people...anyway, count me in or at least think on me as help in the battleground or some other thing you want.

K I R A B O S H I !

I think it's called Battlegrounds and not WAR. Looks like if it's a 4 vs 4 battle (numbers can vary based on challenge terms I think), only 4 (who have free time) will participate while the ones tied with other stuff can sit out and give support by contributing ideas, providing additional effects via on PSD, etc. Looks more flexible as it takes into account those who might not be able to participate that round. It's more team based than individual vs individual.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

The group on AP where the competition is held is called Battlegrounds, but the competition is called war... :3

Anyways that's a good idea with the flexibility, and I think starting in late June/early July is a good idea too. If it ends August then there'll only be time for two rounds, but that's ok. Could potentially go into September... maybe >3

And yeah I think... Having it at the same time as the AP war is really evil, but I really don't want it to start in fall. 'cause last year school really got in the way and people kept dropping out... I'd definitely much rather have it in the summer when most people have more free time, even if that means fewer people participating. We can keep the rounds at 3 weeks, which I think should help too.

Now the question is how to do the groups XD

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Uggh if i wasnt taking a summer semester then life would be more better but for now i dont even know if im going to continue with the AP contest let alone the W.A.R. contest and also because im getting the "no walls forver" feeling like White did but nonetheless ill see how this all goes.

I rather postpone the War contest after the AP contest is done since maybe some people cant handle the workload or i could be wrong thoughlike i say " its better than having a cup of suffering than a gallon of hell..." ^_^

But yeah stick with the groups agenda for now.

Another W.A.R? Cool. It would certainly be nice if we could go by group, just like last year.

I'm not sure when is summer, plus AP contest is also going to commence soon, but I only know the best time would be around early June to end of August. We wouldn't wanna clash with the year exams again would we? But anyways, I still prefer it to be after AP contest.

Wow, doujins. That would be cool. We rarely have doujins competiton outside of the doujin group. This could be very very interesting. ^^

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

i say just do it and see what happens. the AP thing doesnt even have concrete rules right now, and from what i know....its suppose to be ongoing

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I'm also proposing to postpone it to early fall when the summer will be over. But well you can do whatever the majority feels like doing

k1ru

k1ru

is not here.

Quote: The way I see it so far is you've gotta pick between one of two evils with regards to timing. One is a) doing it in summertime at the same time as the AP war, but since it's summer, overall there is more free time; b) doing it AFTER AP war, but have it during the school year. Last year we definitely bumped up against finals pressure, etc. which was not cool, so I remember thinking "We should've done it in the summer."

i will choose the a one, much free time....
during the school year wont be nice, i think....

btw, what is the meaning of (*fall?)? just wondering...

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

id be interested in partcipating, but make it end of september >___>;;

lol too many wall events at one time is not good for health XD

Signature

Gid

Gid

LAZY AS ALL HELL

Quote by crapmonsteri say just do it and see what happens. the AP thing doesnt even have concrete rules right now, and from what i know....its suppose to be ongoing

As of right now, the War is slotted to end in the end of August. If enough people are still interested at the end of August, then we'll move on to a Fall installment. As far as doubling up the two event goes, W.A.R. only has a few rounds, right? So unless the an army for the War decided to battle all the other armies at the exact same time, it shouldn't result in that much of a burnout for walling.

That said, I don't love you enough to participate flyin, you suck. X-P

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

During the summer would be the best time (around late June to sometime around August), in my opinion. I mean, this war won't be starting on exactly the same date as APs, will it?
Most people will have more free time during the summer anyway.
Can I participate?

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

*fall? are for people who prefer fall but is not 100% sure about committing :3

'Course you can join Chloe-chan! XD

Quote by gidsAs of right now, the War is slotted to end in the end of August. If enough people are still interested at the end of August, then we'll move on to a Fall installment. As far as doubling up the two event goes, W.A.R. only has a few rounds, right? So unless the an army for the War decided to battle all the other armies at the exact same time, it shouldn't result in that much of a burnout for walling.

So that's that. Summer it is, I'll send out a PM in a bit to everyone about grouping.

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

So... it's only for the people on that list? Huh. Not that I'd have a chance, but I still think it'd be fun.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.