Ecchi Categorization What Should Be and What Should Not

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I recently had a vector I did for the series Karin deleted and was given this reason: "Sorry, but despite the work you have put into this vector, a naked girl (even with covered up parts) is still considered mature."
This is the thumbnail, still available though the piece is quarrantined.
http://download.minitokyo.net:8001/view/234768.jpg

So this got me to take a look into the ecchi category and see what's what, and I found out that Karin doesn't have an Ecchi tag when it should. I'm kinda curious if that was the reason for my work to have been deleted, because the Karin series was not categorized as ecchi when it clearly has Ecchi official artwork.

So I went through the "Ecchi" Category to see what was there, and frankly... if Final Fantasy X-2 and Genshiken can get Ecchi tags, I don't understand why Karin doesn't have one.

I even found a series that has the ecchi tag that I can see it in no way deserves it. The Law of Ueki.

Plus the rule of minitokyo in terms of nudity is this "Nude defines itself as exposing nipples and/or genitals." which my image does not have, and the reason given to me for the deletion of my work contradicts this rule.

So to boil things down, I want to have a discussion on what constitutes "ecchi" and what are the limits for minitokyo. We have an Ecchi classification here, but I've found at least one wrong labeling for the category and another that should have the label yet doesn't. I will stand by Minitokyo's decision on this matter... if the image is in fact too ecchi, I can't really go against that decision, but if it was really deleted due to a misclassification then wouldn't it be better if we got this cleared up on more fronts than just the case of one work?

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

--)(the sinister genius)(--

Cancel

In this case i suggest you read belmikry's thread for mature content .

By the way ,shocked expressions like the ones in your vector along with some other things in it can be considered as mature content. for more details read the thread above.

*the man from jupiter*

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Thank You Paptimus, this is informative. ^_^ But I'd still like to keep the floor of this thread open for discussion of series that are categorized or should be categorized as ecchi. ^_^ I would like to know what constitutes a series having or not having an ecchi tag.

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Cancel

Alright in order to prevent any confusion as to the topic of this thread I've gone ahead and edited the title. However if this discussion gets out of hand in any way I will close this. MT still has younger viewers on this site so please keep the discussion clean and under PG-13

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

That is a given. Of course H-game and anime series will be classified as ecchi, those are gives, this discussion is focused on those things that are borderline or currently wrongly classified.

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.