Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer? - Minitokyo

Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

Are you hoping that our sufferings will end?

Yup! I'm hoping that these will end. :)
22 votes
I'm not sure, maybe... :\
9 votes
No!! There is no hope in this world!!! -_-
20 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 185 total items

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

The question was NOT came from me... I only post these questions to help you examine why is suffering is happening to all of us...

Let us start with our topic! :nya: *reading the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures* :nerd:

Human history is filled with misery caused by war, imperialistic conquest, exploitation, injustice, poverty, disaster, sorrow, sickness, and death. Why have so many bad things happened to so many innocent victims? If God is all-powerful, why has he allowed this enormous amount of suffering for thousands of years? Since God designed and ordered the universe so well, why would he allow disorder and destruction on earth? (questions are not from me)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6523/suffering6fw.jpg

How Did Suffering Begin?

God did not create humans to suffer. On the contrary, he endowed the first human couple, Adam and Eve, with perfect minds and bodies, prepared a delightful garden to serve as their home, and assigned them meaningful, satisfying work. (Genesis 1:27, 28, 31; 2:8) However, their continued happiness depended on their recognizing God's rulership and his right to decide what was good and what was bad.

Tragically, Adam and Eve failed to obey God. A rebellious spirit creature, later identified as Satan the Devil, convinced Eve that it was not in her best interests to obey God. Satan claimed that if she ate of the tree, 'her eyes were bound to be opened and she was bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.' (Genesis 3:1-6; Revelation 12:9) Seduced by the prospect of independence, Eve partook of the forbidden fruit, and Adam soon did the same. :pacman:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/739/adameve6zi.jpg

By rejecting divine rulership, they lost out on the protection and blessings that subjection to God had afforded them. God evicted them from Paradise. (Genesis 3:17, 19) Adam and Eve became subject to sickness, pain, aging, and death. Suffering had become a part of human experience.--Genesis 5:29. T_T

Settling the Issue

Someone may ask, 'Could God not have simply overlooked Adam and Eve's sin?' :\ No, because that would have further undermined respect for his authority, perhaps encouraging future rebellions and resulting in even greater suffering. (Ecclesiastes 8:11) In addition, condoning such disobedience would have made God a party to wrongdoing. The Bible writer Moses reminds us: "God's works are perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he." (Deuteronomy 32:4, footnote) To be true to himself, God had to allow Adam and Eve to suffer the consequences of their disobedience.

Why did God not immediately destroy the first human couple along with Satan, the invisible instigator of their rebellion? He had the power to do so. Adam and Eve would not have produced offspring subject to a legacy of suffering and death. However, such a demonstration of divine power would not have proved the rightfulness of God's authority over his intelligent creatures...

In his perfect wisdom, Jehovah God decided to allow the rebellion to proceed for a limited time. The rebels would have ample opportunity to experience the effects of independence from God. History would demonstrate beyond doubt mankind's need for divine guidance and the superiority of God's rule over man's or Satan's. The God promised that a "seed," or "offspring," would come who would 'bruise Satan in the head,' eliminating once and for all his rebellion and its damaging effects. --Genesis 3:15

Jesus Christ was that promised Seed. At 1 John 3:8, we read that "the Son of God was made manifest . . . to break up the works of the Devil." This he did by laying down his perfect human life and paying the ransom price to redeem Adam's children from inherited sin and death. (John 1:29; 1 Timothy 2:5, 6) Those who truly exercise faith in Jesus' sacrifice are promised permanent relief from suffering. (John 3:16; Revelation 7:17) When will this happen?

An End to Suffering :nya:

The rejection of God's authority has caused untold suffering. It is fitting, then, that God should use a special expression of his authority to end human suffering and accomplish his original purpose for the earth. Jesus mentioned this divine provision when he taught his followers to pray: "Our Father in the heavens, . . . let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth." --Matthew 6:9, 10.

The Bible promises that by means of Christ's rule, God "will wipe out every tear from [mankind's] eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore." --Revelation 21:4.

==========================================
We can't live in this world with our own government... We suffer because our original parents, Adam & Eve rejects & disobey God's sovereignity... Their disobedience results in a curse (death) that's why we inherit sickness, aging, death... etc.. x_x

"satan the devil" is the unseen ruler of this world that's why we live in this world today full of sufferings, crime, immorality... etc... x_x

To prove that satan is the unseen ruler of this world, pls look on: John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11, 2 Corinthians 4:3, 4. And also 1 John 5:19

Humans were created with free will, that is, with the ability to choose. They were not made like robots or like animals, who are guided mainly by instinct. So humans can choose whom they will serve. (Deuteronomy 30:19; 2 Corinthians 3:17) However, while humans have the wonderful gift of free choice, they must accept the consequences of their choice of action...

Humans MUST have the guidance of God's heavenly wisdom. Why? Simply because God did not create humans to be successful apart from His guidance...

What do you think? I would like to hear your opinions & thoughts... *gives the microphone* :D

orpheuz

orpheuz

I shall return

Well, I have fun reading your post :).

Quote by DarkIngramHumans were created with free will, that is, with the ability to choose.

Agree. That's the difference of us to other living creatures. God gave us the power to decide. So it's our choice(*again a decision to make) whether to use it properly or not. Looking back at the history of mankind, human really uses his decision-making. "It's a matter of choice" why we are situated in such situation. You see, Eve can just ignored the apple and left it alone. Same as through in Adam's case. Truly, every action must be accompanied with corresponding responsibility. That's why Adam and Eve must face their consequences in the form of eviction in the paraside, aging so-on and so-forth. You may be asking why God created the so-called "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" in the first place? Why, can God just not create such tree so we humans can't be tempted and sinned against Him? Well, basically this is to test us, humans. Really, God can just took part in their(*Adam/Eve) lives so we can't be put in such situation. But, He wants us to live independent and as stated free-will, NOT being controlled. That's why, He allowed Adam to take care the paradise. Actually God can just take care the land but He still let Adam do the job. This points out that He not only trust us but also He wants us to be not so dependent in His power. A follow-up question, what can He do if He can't do such things? Well, he can guide us. Yes, Guide us. If you will look in the Bible, God had warned(*which means He's guiding us to the right path) us about that tree...here's what stated: "And the lord God commanded the man saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat. But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not it eat for in the day that thou eatestthereof thou shalt surely die" Gen 2:16-17. Surely, Adam and Eve were truly aware of this but they still fall in the hands of the evil one. Again, you may be asking why God hadn't stopped the two? As said, He do wants us to be independent. Not only that, He wants us to imply that our choices is our responsibility...and we have to take whatever the consequence lies ahead.

About your question, why not think that such sufferings are 'blessings'. Without sufferings, we humans can't improve and make ourselves strong as a mountain. Plus, without sufferings, what will become of the world? Surely it will be boring, no challenges and hindrances. Just think of it x_x

Well here's a nice quote: "If you fall 10 times, stand up 11".

Plug: Check out the latest update of MoeMoe, click the image to vote
Signature Image

tsukasa888

tsukasa888

Ryuu Tsukasa

Yet another strange question.
First of all, God never caused us to suffer. We made our own suffering !
And then, who do we think we are? Something higher than God so that He has obligation to prevent us from suffering?
He created us to live ! And to live means to experience joy and suffer.
So if you feel suffering, don't blame God ! Don't say "why God allow us to suffer?", because that was not His obligation from the first place.
It's our obligation to live the best we can, following His rules. Not demanding "if You really exist, then stop my suffering"

Signature
I know I'm weak, that's why I want to be strong!
visit www.robertsetiadi.net and my art gallery at deviantART

Problem of Evil is basically:
1. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.
2. There is suffering in the world.
3. If God exist there would be no suffering because He would know we're suffering since He is omnipotent, He could stop the suffering since He is omnipotent, and he would try to keep anyone from suffering because He is omnibenevolent.
4. Because there is suffering and God has qualities that would force him to stop suffering, God doesn't exist.

All this proves is that God, if he exists, does not have omnipotency, omniscience, and/or omnibenevolence.

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

Suffering only help us learn. If no one suffered because of anything, then no one would learn from their actions. If there is suffering, then there is happiness. It's only a matter of equality.

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

Suffering is also what brings us happiness. If we didn't feel sorrow, life would be different.

Signature
Obey the Gods, Honor the Ancestors, Love the People, Serve the Rulers

God doesn't just "allow" people to suffer. He facilitates their suffering or even sets them up. Hell sometimes he just does it himself.

Look no further than genesis. He creates everything, then he creates adam, out of dirt apparently. Oh but he has to make eve so what does he do? He rips a rib out of adam. Did god run out of dirt? No, he just felt like ripping a bone out of adam's chest for no reason at all. What a nice thing to do.

And god CREATED these two people. On top of that god knows all. He's supposedly omnipotent, omnipresent, yet he still sets them up to fail. Even if he isn't omnipotent he still would know the ins and outs of the being he just created. He sets up a trap within the garden of eden to catch these two people in the act of eating the fruit that he knew they would eat, and then punishes them for not being created correctly. He punishes people for succumbing to the traps even though he knew the outcome before he even set it in motion.

There's only two conclusions you can come to from this.

1. God is an incompetant idiot. He not only fails but then blames his creations for failing and PUNISHES them for it so that he doesn't have to blame himself.

2. God loves to punish people and sets them up specifically to fail. He's the big kid with the magnifying glass burning ants.

How bout the book of job. God is hanging out with Satan. Satan doesn't say anything about job at all, god brings it up.

So then he goes about torturing job, killing his family, destroying his home, pretty much anything he can come up with. Well job is rightfully pissed off. He was the most upstanding citizen, he had done nothing wrong, he was the ideal servant of god and still god ruins his life. Finally job gets to talk to god and what does god say? Does god appologize for ruining an innocent man's life just to prove a point to Satan? Hell no! He blames job for not knowing what god himself knows! Job is homeless, he's suffering, covered in boils, his entire family is dead and this is what god has to say to him....

"Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up your loins like a man, I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements -- surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who shut in the sea with doors, when it burst forth from the womb; when I made clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band, and prescribed bounds for it, and set bars and doors, and said, `Thus far shall you come, and no farther, and here shall your proud waves be stayed'?"

WTF? THIS is what God said to Job? God ruins job's life, and then laughs at Job for not having created the universe. For being as ignorant as god made him. Ugh, what an asshole...

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

And why does God even exist? You have no proof of this whatsoever except your fairytale book (rated NC-17 for excessive violence, rape, incest, genocide, etc). Since God does not exist - or he would have manifested himself ages ago, don't you think? No, you don't - suffering comes from our own actions, and it is up to us to take responsibility and start working on solutions - not looking to a hypothetical future where a hypothetical being will - poof! - make all our troubles go away. I know it's hard to look at cold, hard truth, but this moral crutch of yours (i.e., religion) has caused too much destruction and misery for it to go on any longer. You are applying the ethics of two thousand years ago today: is this logical? For example:

"When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Law and how to follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)"

Honestly. Do these apply to everyday life, such as other random forbiddings, like against women, homosexuals, atheists, followers of other religions, etc? (that, ironically, cause - you got it! - suffering)

In the end, it is belief in God that causes the most suffering.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/suffer.html

First of all I say there isn't a god. That's why we suffer i guess.

davew30

davew30

I ate mythology and slept

Suffering comes hand in hand with happiness. Without suffering we would not know happiness, like with being rich. There is always someone poor. What we are experiencing now may be "light" suffering compared to something else, say burning in the fires of hell, etc. God exists, and God allows disorder as disorder implies stability in the world! Ask any chemistry undergraduate, they will agree that disorder implies stability.

Stop deaths on the road, drive on the pavement!!!

Well cause suffering makes us stronger people

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

i dont like the adding of religion cuz it is offending but wut i think is that god made ppl suffer so that they cud learn and experience, u kno wut i mean? like, they will understand the world better and learn things about life and stuff. wudn't it be... boring if life was all happy pappy?! without suffering, life wud be thoughtless and there wud be no meaning but happiness. it wud be like eating sugar for ur whole life and trust me, after a couple of spoons, u do get tired so yea. suffering sorta changes life. and flavors it.

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

LOL at this thread filled with atheism!
Talk about a thread with no defense, the opening post in support of Christianity and Creationism, and the replies are mostly Atheist.

Ok, my view of the point, first, if God were to exist, there will be no need to punish, when he could have erased all of us, the ancestor, and removed Satan who is his son and the ultimate evil by not only banishing him, but erasin him, with a snap of his finger. Simple no?

He could have ceased the existence of all evil, simply by snapping his finger, instead, he goes on and banish him, sending him on his way to damnation, and told him:" you know, son, I really wish you would not have been so jealous and challenged me, you know I will win, and you know it wasn't right"
He never in all his omnipotence and reasoning gave "a reason that is valid"

The two then could have sat down over a cuppa and talk it all out, just like father and son talk, and tell of how God could have educated him, "you see son, being God aint easy, I shaped the earth, I made dudes and dudeths from mud and rib bones, then I had to programme them to become leaders of my little paradise, I had to place a few trillion stars by randomly pointing onto a black canvas with my needlepoint ballpen, and then I had to create a few billion species of animals and sub-species to become of the world....etc"

then he could have add, "surely you know, if I gave you the same power, would you have bothered to become as divine as I could have been?"

he could have did all that and try a different approach, so instead, he took the long way, bashing his kid out of heaven, kid becomes spoiler brat, and comes back as a snake, and turned humanity into turmoil.

Next God had a headache, he had to make promises to his subjects that he will send his next kid down and help them out, so he did, Jesus came and went.
and then what? passed down a good couple of quotes that make the bible, fictional or otherwise and then decides it is good as always to let our little play things (we degraded), suffer a little.

By little, he probably thought, meh, nuclear war, post apocalyptic measures. like he cares?
No he doesn't. God wants us to suffer for what? I did not think there was a purpose when the bible simply asks us to love him, how could we love him when it was his fault in placing blame on us? So yeah, Satan told us to eat the apple, would the apple have been eaten if he KNEW that Satan was comin home to screw us up? Would he not have prevented it? Nope, he is omnipotent, he knows everything and he failed to use that mighty knowledge to prevent everything and cause 100000 years of shit for us all.

There, God by a nutshell, I wonder why people believe in him, so much better if you decide to follow a life full of good morals rather than believe in a being that constantly contradicts himself.

merged: 05-23-2006 ~ 06:00am

Quote by davew30Suffering comes hand in hand with happiness. Without suffering we would not know happiness, like with being rich. There is always someone poor. What we are experiencing now may be "light" suffering compared to something else, say burning in the fires of hell, etc. God exists, and God allows disorder as disorder implies stability in the world! Ask any chemistry undergraduate, they will agree that disorder implies stability.

and so it seems, but God never mentioned that, what you mentioned is nearer to taoism Yin and Yang, Cause and effect...

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

well first ofall god gave us free will to do as we wished, something not even angels received any suffering at this point that has been wrought is man made, wars, all of that suffering makes us stronger and teaches us, god helps those who helps themselves so if the suffering should end let it begin where it started

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Do you allow God to heal you?

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

for us to call to Him and to believe in Him... eventhough He allow us to suffer, He's still there to guide us and lend His hands for those who have FAITH in HIM
He allow us to suffer for us to become stronger and better....
He wouldn't give us obstacles and problems if He knows that we can't handle it....
He allow us to suffer because of our uncounted sins....

about adam and eve, He created adam and eve as His keeper in the garden of eden.... HE created both of them with heart and soul, with the ability to decide but doesn't have the ability to know what is wrong.... now about the snake, the fruit of knowing the right and wrong..... since adam and eve ate the fruit, eventhough they know that it is forbidden to eat that.... they still ate that fruit because they have the ability to decide....

anyway....
don't question yourself why God give us obstacles and sufferings... it's part of our lives... it's just our "main"payment to our tresspases......

Heaven

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

firstly, in my opinion, God did not us make us suffer. it is our actions that cause suffering in this world. secondly, does God really exist? that is a question that no one can actually give a definite answer to. don't blame God for everything that happens in the world.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by orpheuzWell, he can guide us. Yes, Guide us. If you will look in the Bible, God had warned(*which means He's guiding us to the right path)

Yup, I agree... just like a loving father, God wants his children to do things that will not make them hurt or bad... :) We must follow all His rules & we will be safe... By reading the Bible, we can use our freewill in a right way... we can make a wise decisions in our life... decisions that pleases God... :D

Quote by devildude Ok, my view of the point, first, if God were to exist, there will be no need to punish, when he could have erased all of us, the ancestor, and removed Satan who is his son and the ultimate evil by not only banishing him, but erasin him, with a snap of his finger. Simple no?

He could have ceased the existence of all evil, simply by snapping his finger, instead, he goes on and banish him, sending him on his way to damnation, and told him:" you know, son, I really wish you would not have been so jealous and challenged me, you know I will win, and you know it wasn't right"
He never in all his omnipotence and reasoning gave "a reason that is valid"

You didn't know what you've said because you're not familiar with the bible nor reading it....

First of all, God's perfect justice will not allow Him to annihilate the rebels immediately (Adam, Eve, Satan the devil & other wicked angels) The God (Jehovah) decided that it will need time to answer the challenge of Satan &.... to prove that Satan is a liar!

Quote by phoenixalcott i dont like the adding of religion cuz it is offending but wut i think is that god made ppl suffer so that they cud learn and experience, u kno wut i mean? like, they will understand the world better and learn things about life and stuff. wudn't it be... boring if life was all happy pappy?! without suffering, life wud be thoughtless and there wud be no meaning but happiness. it wud be like eating sugar for ur whole life and trust me, after a couple of spoons, u do get tired so yea. suffering sorta changes life. and flavors it.

How about suffers from war, sickness, death, starvation, crime? Is these things makes your life not boring?

From the early Bible record, we learn that it was not God's purpose for people to suffer or to die. Our first parents, Adam and Eve, died only because they disobeyed God. (Genesis, chapters 2 and 3) When they disobeyed, they were no longer doing God's will. They pulled out from under God's care. In effect, they disconnected themselves from God, "the source of life." --Psalm 36:9.

Quote by shijiroken anyway....
don't question yourself why God give us obstacles and sufferings... it's part of our lives... it's just our "main"payment to our tresspases......

The questions are not from me...

Quote by tobiast88 And why does God even exist? You have no proof of this whatsoever except your fairytale book (rated NC-17 for excessive violence, rape, incest, genocide, etc). Since God does not exist - or he would have manifested himself ages ago, don't you think? No, you don't - suffering comes from our own actions, and it is up to us to take responsibility and start working on solutions - not looking to a hypothetical future where a hypothetical being will - poof! - make all our troubles go away. I know it's hard to look at cold, hard truth, but this moral crutch of yours (i.e., religion) has caused too much destruction and misery for it to go on any longer. You are applying the ethics of two thousand years ago today: is this logical?

Honestly. Do these apply to everyday life, such as other random forbiddings, like against women, homosexuals, atheists, followers of other religions, etc? (that, ironically, cause - you got it! - suffering)

Doing things that are not pleasing to God will make you suffer & have a bad effect to you....

I can say that Demons (rebellious angels) are better than you because they believe in the existence of God...

merged: 05-23-2006 ~ 05:15pm

Quote by royaldarknessfirstly, in my opinion, God did not us make us suffer. it is our actions that cause suffering in this world. secondly, does God really exist? that is a question that no one can actually give a definite answer to. don't blame God for everything that happens in the world.

I know that, God is not the cause of our suffering...

Satan the devil is the real cause of our suffering...

You need to read the Bible if you want to know that God is exist...

The Bible is a precious gift from God. It is like a letter from a loving father to his children. It tells us the truth about God--who he is and what he stands for. It explains how to cope with problems and how to find true happiness. The Bible alone tells us what we must do to please God. --Psalm 1:1-3; Isaiah 48:17, 18.

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Im not going to take the time right now to read everything. But it seems that when it came to you saying, "That question is always asked by the non-believers (Atheist)", that you made a mistake.
If they are Atheist, then its a retorical question. Because they are actually saying is that if there were an allpowerful being out there, such as some people believe, why would it sit back and do nothing? When in truth, all people must believe that something out there started everything, its the whole base of scientific principle (cause and effect). However, The chance of that thing being an all powerful being is basically impossible. Therefor, there is no being from the begining of everthing whatching over us.

merged: 05-23-2006 ~ 11:29pm
Also, the conceot of Adam and Eve. Them being created as the first people to create the human race. It is scientifically impossible for them to have spawned the human race, not to mention, by todays moral standards, wrong.

The war and ect. that happens in the world is a result of ignorance, arogance, and stupidity, not sin. The concept of sin was invented to attempt to prevent things such as wars and other "bad things" from happening.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Quote by DarkIngramQuote by tobiast88 And why does God even exist? You have no proof of this whatsoever except your fairytale book (rated NC-17 for excessive violence, rape, incest, genocide, etc). Since God does not exist - or he would have manifested himself ages ago, don't you think? No, you don't - suffering comes from our own actions, and it is up to us to take responsibility and start working on solutions - not looking to a hypothetical future where a hypothetical being will - poof! - make all our troubles go away. I know it's hard to look at cold, hard truth, but this moral crutch of yours (i.e., religion) has caused too much destruction and misery for it to go on any longer. You are applying the ethics of two thousand years ago today: is this logical?

Doing things that are not pleasing to God will make you suffer & have a bad effect to you....

I can say that Demons (rebellious angels) are better than you because they believe in the existence of God...

So, because I don't please a hypothetical being, bad things will happen to me... I don't believe in your narrow-minded little system of values, get that? Until whatever is up there gets its act together and actually starts caring about the world, and until it shows itself to me, I will not believe in anything as mind-blowingly foolish as "Doing things that are not pleasing to God will make you suffer & have a bad effect to you" Isn't God supposed to be love? No wait. This is the God that recommends genocide! Have you even read the book you love to quote? Get this:

"Serial genocide committed by Joshua & sanctioned by God who sends killer hail to help
Joshua 10:10-41 " … slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, … and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah. … the Lord cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword. … when the Lord delivered up the Amorites … until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. … when Joshua and the children of Israel had made an end of slaying them with a very great slaughter, till they were consumed, that the rest which remained of them entered into fenced cities. … And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, … and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: … Then Joshua … fought against Libnah: … and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; … And Joshua passed from Libnah, … unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: … and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah. Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining. .. .Joshua passed unto Eglon, … and fought against it:.And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, … And Joshua went up from Eglon, … And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein..And Joshua returned … to Debir; and fought against it: … and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: … Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, … Joshua smote them from Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon."

Or this:

"Exodus 20:5 & Deuteronomy 5:9 " … I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

Does this sound like preventing suffering to you?

And you say I'm worse than a demon (and thank you, I'm aware they're rebellious angels. I have read your gory bedtime story) because I don't believe in your God. Wow, you sound surprisingly convincing, since I don't believe in the things anyway. Wake up! Insulting me with a fictional being is not going to convince me. And by saying those words, it sounds strangely like something you would hear from an extremist imam from Iran, although you do have a point in your favor: you're not threatening to kill me for my atheism (and does this cause suffering? Why yes!)

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

i think this is kinda ridiculous....

life wouldnt be the same without suffering, im not sayin this in a sadomasokist way, but it goes that way.

Sufferin makes u stronger, makes u better than before, makes comprehend life... makes u fight for what u want.

i think sufferin is part of our lives and no one ever say why your God make u suffer... becuz if it is for that u wouldnt be by HIS side...

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

its a question that will never be answered by anyone else. the answer can only come from deep within you, what you believe in and what faith you adhere to is what your answer will depend on..

Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my last post, but anyone who denies the existence of God on the basis that He's not nice is an ignorant fool. "Murderers don't exist because they're not nice!"

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 185 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.