Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer? - Minitokyo

Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

Are you hoping that our sufferings will end?

Yup! I'm hoping that these will end. :)
22 votes
I'm not sure, maybe... :\
9 votes
No!! There is no hope in this world!!! -_-
20 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 185 total items

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by orpheuzWell, I have fun reading your post :).

Quote by DarkIngramHumans were created with free will, that is, with the ability to choose.

Agree. That's the difference of us to other living creatures. God gave us the power to decide. So it's our choice(*again a decision to make) whether to use it properly or not. Looking back at the history of mankind, human really uses his decision-making. "It's a matter of choice" why we are situated in such situation. You see, Eve can just ignored the apple and left it alone. Same as through in Adam's case. Truly, every action must be accompanied with corresponding responsibility. That's why Adam and Eve must face their consequences in the form of eviction in the paraside, aging so-on and so-forth. You may be asking why God created the so-called "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" in the first place? Why, can God just not create such tree so we humans can't be tempted and sinned against Him? Well, basically this is to test us, humans. Really, God can just took part in their(*Adam/Eve) lives so we can't be put in such situation. But, He wants us to live independent and as stated free-will, NOT being controlled. That's why, He allowed Adam to take care the paradise. Actually God can just take care the land but He still let Adam do the job. This points out that He not only trust us but also He wants us to be not so dependent in His power. A follow-up question, what can He do if He can't do such things? Well, he can guide us. Yes, Guide us. If you will look in the Bible, God had warned(*which means He's guiding us to the right path) us about that tree...here's what stated: "And the lord God commanded the man saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat. But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not it eat for in the day that thou eatestthereof thou shalt surely die" Gen 2:16-17. Surely, Adam and Eve were truly aware of this but they still fall in the hands of the evil one. Again, you may be asking why God hadn't stopped the two? As said, He do wants us to be independent. Not only that, He wants us to imply that our choices is our responsibility...and we have to take whatever the consequence lies ahead.

About your question, why not think that such sufferings are 'blessings'. Without sufferings, we humans can't improve and make ourselves strong as a mountain. Plus, without sufferings, what will become of the world? Surely it will be boring, no challenges and hindrances. Just think of it x_x

Well here's a nice quote: "If you fall 10 times, stand up 11".

Nice point, you've got something productive in mind! :D And i really appreciate the Bible text you've shared...decisions must be take seriously and the main point there is Obedience..our first parents didnt obey God, they are being warned to that fruit(that's not an apple anyway, the Bible didnt give a specific name for that fruit),they knew what will be happening to them if they disobey, but what did they do? They still disobe God and obey the Devil..
Again their disobedience resulted sufferings of mankind x_x
and thus we are now experiencing it.
Your point regarding your quote is nice..sufferings makes us strong...Sufferings helps us to cleave more to God and ask for His guidance, for strenght and for His Holy Spirit to guide us to make WISE decisions, decisions that willl truly give Him glory! :)
This will be a Good Fight againsts the Evil...if we will win, reward is at hand and we can gain everlasting life in Paradise on earth in the near future. :D

merged: 05-24-2006 ~ 09:23am

Quote by lapukits a question that will never be answered by anyone else. the answer can only come from deep within you, what you believe in and what faith you adhere to is what your answer will depend on..

I dont agree with you, the Bible answers that question..
Try to scan the Bible and you'll be surprise..
It depends on you if you just let your mind stay stagnant on what you believe,but if you are really interested I'm sure you'll find the answers! :D
I do hope that you will heed my advice... ^_^'

merged: 05-24-2006 ~ 09:36am

Quote by tsukasa888Yet another strange question.
First of all, God never caused us to suffer. We made our own suffering !
And then, who do we think we are? Something higher than God so that He has obligation to prevent us from suffering?
He created us to live ! And to live means to experience joy and suffer.
So if you feel suffering, don't blame God ! Don't say "why God allow us to suffer?", because that was not His obligation from the first place.
It's our obligation to live the best we can, following His rules. Not demanding "if You really exist, then stop my suffering"

Well you're right but Darkingrams point is that; he just ask different opinions from different members..because he is aware or what is really happening nowadays..you see lot of people blamed God if ever there will be happening injustices in thier lives.
Darkingram believes in our Creator and he dont want that our Creator are to be blame in our world's injustices.

If only you get his point, he is on God's side and is ready to defend Him no matter what! ;)

And I'm sure you too will do the same thing! :)

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Well I believe that sometimes kindness is born out of pain, patience from waiting, and humility from humiliation...

We aren't perfect, and if we have everything our way, it normally results in the suffering of someone else. Aren't we all selfish individuals to some extent?

I don't think you should blame God for our suffering. Imagine if someone had everything going his way... won't he be like some spoilt brat?

Haha, I love how people have to make excuses for god. Oh yeah god loves you but if you don't believe in him you're burning in hell for all eternity. God is benevolent and caring but here's some cancer for you anyway. How could I know what feeling good feels like if I've never felt bad?! I couldn't appreciate the fact that being beaten with a sack of oranges is a less than pleasant feeling if I've never been through such a scenario! DUH!

Quote by alexjohnc3Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my last post, but anyone who denies the existence of God on the basis that He's not nice is an ignorant fool. "Murderers don't exist because they're not nice!"

It's simply not the same argument. Suffering on earth doesn't disprove a creator or a god, it DOES however disprove a loving, benevolent, all powerful god. It DOES disprove the Christian god. But Thor may still be up there and maybe he likes to run things a bit more harshly.

"To trust the God of the Bible is to trust an irascible, vindictive, fierce and ever fickle and changeful master."
- Mark Twain

"I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible; in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
- Albert Einstein

The murderer may exist but his act of murdering has disproven him as a decent human being. So if you could ever prove god to exist, he would be scum.

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Let me put a major part of my belief in.

The bible was written by man. The men wrote the book in the way that would be more accepting of most individuals, allowing a wide variety of people to gather under one belief.
Now take into consideration the fact that the very concept of the beginning of time is beyond human comprehension, and that people invented an all powerful "god" to keep them believing that they had someone up there watching out for them. But as many people realize, this isnt true. The entire universe is based on probability, which allows for free will to bend the probability in a certain direction. If this is true, then it means that what people refer to as "god" was just the catalyst for what is beyond human comprehension.

franzss

Yosimato

T.T you took all the points i was gonna give -_-'

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Quote by TinbadLet me put a major part of my belief in.

The bible was written by man. The men wrote the book in the way that would be more accepting of most individuals, allowing a wide variety of people to gather under one belief.
Now take into consideration the fact that the very concept of the beginning of time is beyond human comprehension, and that people invented an all powerful "god" to keep them believing that they had someone up there watching out for them. But as many people realize, this isnt true. The entire universe is based on probability, which allows for free will to bend the probability in a certain direction. If this is true, then it means that what people refer to as "god" was just the catalyst for what is beyond human comprehension.

That's exactly what i was thinking of.

rorenzu

rorenzu

Mio Amakura

well, why do people suffer(we)?
before, there existed a perfect paradise
and almost perfect people (doesn't know wrong, don't get sick, aging is not even an issue)
but then, they disobeyed,..(because of wanting to surpass God), , ,
they should have died, but because of God's love,
he didn't killed them, instead, he just banish them from the garden(and suffering started), since then,
we inherited their suffering as a consequence
(as they are our ancestors,,)
why would God gave us free-will when He will also
decide for us,
The concept of the Free-will proves that He isn't contolling every human living,,,
my point of view about suffering,
if we aren't suffering at all, this place must be perfect already and the people who lives here is also perfect but then, the only Perfect Being is God, so it isn't possible, , ,
at least this is how i view it,
(*)

Together...forever...
Signature
sig and avatar by Kuya JaK

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by Plunkies Haha, I love how people have to make excuses for god. Oh yeah god loves you but if you don't believe in him you're burning in hell for all eternity. God is benevolent and caring but here's some cancer for you anyway.

There is no hellfire... don't worry about that... Jehovah God didn't want to punish all the sinners in fire for all eternity...

All the sicknes, death & suffering are not from God... If you want to blame someone, blame Satan & his sons (wicked people & wicked angels)

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Quote by DarkIngramThere is no hellfire... don't worry about that... Jehovah God didn't want to punish all the sinners in fire for all eternity...

"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." - Luke 12:5

I don't know what you believe, but the Bible does refer to hell numerous times.

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." - Revelations 20:13-15

It certainly does look like there will be people punished in fire for all eternity.

Because he either doesn't exist, or is evil. Evil, of course, by my standards, since it is a subjective word.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by Persocom01 "But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." - Luke 12:5

I don't know what you believe, but the Bible does refer to hell numerous times.

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." - Revelations 20:13-15

It certainly does look like there will be people punished in fire for all eternity.

The truth about hell is... only a graveyard... :)

What happens to the spirit when a person dies?

Psalm 146:4 says: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." When a person dies, his impersonal spirit does not go on existing in another realm as a spirit creature.

The condition of the dead is made clear at Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, where we read: "The dead know nothing . . . In the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Since the dead have no conscious existence, hell cannot be a fiery place of torment where the wicked peoples suffer after death.

Consider also the case of the righteous man Job, who suffered much. Wishing to escape his plight, he pleaded: "Who will grant me this, that thou mayest protect me in hell [Sheol], and hide me till thy wrath pass?" (Job 14:13) How unreasonable to think that Job desired to go to a fiery-hot place for protection! To Job, "hell" was simply the grave, where his suffering would end. The Bible hell, then, is the common grave of mankind where good people as well as bad ones go. :)

Sheol (Hebrew word)
Hades (Greek word )

While reading the bible, don't take them literally... you must analyze it... :D

"The lake" you've mentioned there is symbolic, since death and hell (Hades) that are thrown into it cannot literally be burned. "This [lake of fire] means the second death"--death from which there is no hope of coming back to life.--Revelation 20:14.

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Quote by DarkIngramThe truth about hell is... only a graveyard... :)

What happens to the spirit when a person dies?

Psalm 146:4 says: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." When a person dies, his impersonal spirit does not go on existing in another realm as a spirit creature.

The condition of the dead is made clear at Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, where we read: "The dead know nothing . . . In the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Since the dead have no conscious existence, hell cannot be a fiery place of torment where the wicked peoples suffer after death.

Consider also the case of the righteous man Job, who suffered much. Wishing to escape his plight, he pleaded: "Who will grant me this, that thou mayest protect me in hell [Sheol], and hide me till thy wrath pass?" (Job 14:13) How unreasonable to think that Job desired to go to a fiery-hot place for protection! To Job, "hell" was simply the grave, where his suffering would end. The Bible hell, then, is the common grave of mankind where good people as well as bad ones go. :)

Sheol (Greek word of hell)
Hades (Hebrew word of hell)

While reading the bible, don't take them literally... you must analyze it... :D

"The lake" you've mentioned there is symbolic, since death and hell (Hades) that are thrown into it cannot literally be burned. "This [lake of fire] means the second death"--death from which there is no hope of coming back to life.--Revelation 20:14.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:" - Mark 9:43

Explain to me then what this hell refers to? Why does is a 'grave' on fire for ever and ever?

"And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." Luke 12:4-5

This is the same verse from Luke, this time with the verse before it included. If hell is a grave, then why does it say not to fear those that kill you? No, it says to fear God because he can not only kill you PHYSICALLY, but he can also cast you into hell.

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:15

And I do not believe that the lake of fire mentioned in revelation is symbolic in any way. How do you explain who in 'whosoever' refers to then? And if they are not burned, (why wouldn't they be burned if they were thrown into fire I need you to explain as well) then what happened to them?

"O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!" - Job 14:13

I don't know what version of the Bible you are reading but mine does say grave and not hell in this verse. I think the King James version (the one I use) is one of the better translations out there.

adam + eve = children
children + children = ?

unless people in acient time have a different body...i dont see how its possible...

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by Persocom01And I do not believe that the lake of fire mentioned in revelation is symbolic in any way. How do you explain who is who in 'whosoever' then? And if they are not burned (why wouldn't they be burned if they were thrown into fire I need you to explain as well) then what happened to them?

The lake of fire has a meaning similar to that of "the fiery Gehenna [hell fire, King James Version]" that Jesus spoke of. (Matthew 5:22; Mark 9:47, 48) Gehenna occurs 12 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and it refers to the valley of Hinnom, outside the walls of Jerusalem. When Jesus was on earth, this valley was used as a garbage dump, "where the dead bodies of criminals, and the carcasses of animals, and every other kind of filth was cast." (Smith's Dictionary of the Bible) The fires were kept burning by adding sulfur to burn up the refuse. Jesus used that valley as a proper symbol of everlasting destruction.

As does Gehenna, the lake of fire symbolizes eternal destruction. Death and Hades are "hurled into" it in that they will be done away with when mankind is freed from sin and the condemnation of death. Willful, unrepentant sinners will also have their "portion" in that lake. (Revelation 21:8) They too will be annihilated forever.

Hell is only a plain graveyard and not a hellfire you know... once the dead is on the hell, he can't feel anything... If you read & analyze carefully the text in Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10... you'll know by yourself what's happening when we go to hell (graveyard)... :)

I don't believe in everlasting sufferings in fires of hell...

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Quote by DarkIngramThe lake of fire has a meaning similar to that of "the fiery Gehenna [hell fire, King James Version]" that Jesus spoke of. (Matthew 5:22; Mark 9:47, 48) Gehenna occurs 12 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and it refers to the valley of Hinnom, outside the walls of Jerusalem. When Jesus was on earth, this valley was used as a garbage dump, "where the dead bodies of criminals, and the carcasses of animals, and every other kind of filth was cast." (Smith's Dictionary of the Bible) The fires were kept burning by adding sulfur to burn up the refuse. Jesus used that valley as a proper symbol of everlasting destruction.

As does Gehenna, the lake of fire symbolizes eternal destruction. Death and Hades are "hurled into" it in that they will be done away with when mankind is freed from sin and the condemnation of death. Willful, unrepentant sinners will also have their "portion" in that lake. (Revelation 21:8) They too will be annihilated forever.

Hell is only a plain graveyard and not a hellfire you know... once the dead is on the hell, he can't feel anything... If you read & analyze carefully the text in Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10... you'll know by yourself what's happening when we go to hell (graveyard)... :)

I don't believe in everlasting sufferings in fires of hell...

And how are they 'annihilated forever'?

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." - Revelations 20:10

It says that in the lake of fire there is eternal torment in this verse. There are many verses in the Bible that do not require careful reading that refer to hell.

Reading Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 does not tell me that there is no hell. To me it merely says to me that there is nothing I can do after my death.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by Persocom01And how are they 'annihilated forever'?

Annihilated forever? There is no hope for them to gain everlasting life.... that means annhilated forever...

It's up to you if you don't believe this... I've said what I have to say....

Quote by TinbadIf they are Atheist, then its a retorical question. Because they are actually saying is that if there were an allpowerful being out there, such as some people believe, why would it sit back and do nothing? When in truth, all people must believe that something out there started everything, its the whole base of scientific principle (cause and effect). However, The chance of that thing being an all powerful being is basically impossible. Therefor, there is no being from the begining of everthing whatching over us.

Im not picking on you personally here, but on all who I know agree.

Basically impossible? So you would know? You possess absolute wisdom? Lucky you. I myself do not understand why/how people could calculate the distance to the sun. Therefor it has not been calculated. I do know know why a duck floats, therefor it sinks.

So ignorance is an indicator of our own undeniably complete knowledge? Oh, what a paradox.

Down another avenue, us Christians do not know our believe is true, we feel it. (Ofcourse you could translate this as some abstract knowledge). Anyway, we feel the effects of accepting Christ, and such feelings cannot be communicated, least via an internet forum.

And the sooner people stop reading the bible as a novel or a user's manual, the better.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote: First of all, God's perfect justice will not allow Him to annihilate the rebels immediately (Adam, Eve, Satan the devil & other wicked angels) The God (Jehovah) decided that it will need time to answer the challenge of Satan &.... to prove that Satan is a liar!

and you are quoting from HIMSELF?
or are you simply assuming he got perfect justice underlined?
The fact is this, perfect justice would have existed within a reason that is possible and reasoning and brings benefits both sides without any problems, he caused a bigger problem than possibly imaginable with out of bounds side effects
So according to this: God Perfect Justice = Make Shit Happens So A Bible can Write About It.

No offense, a simple deduction reveals that this contradicts itself/

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

Quote by tobiast88

Quote by DarkIngramQuote by tobiast88 And why does God even exist? You have no proof of this whatsoever except your fairytale book (rated NC-17 for excessive violence, , incest, genocide, etc). Since God does not exist - or he would have manifested himself ages ago, don't you think? No, you don't - suffering comes from our own actions, and it is up to us to take responsibility and start working on solutions - not looking to a hypothetical future where a hypothetical being will - poof! - make all our troubles go away. I know it's hard to look at cold, hard truth, but this moral crutch of yours (i.e., religion) has caused too much destruction and misery for it to go on any longer. You are applying the ethics of two thousand years ago today: is this logical?

Honestly. Do these apply to everyday life, such as other random forbiddings, like against women, homosexuals, atheists, followers of other religions, etc? (that, ironically, cause - you got it! - suffering)

Doing things that are not pleasing to God will make you suffer & have a bad effect to you....

I can say that Demons (rebellious angels) are better than you because they believe in the existence of God...

So, because I don't please a hypothetical being, bad things will happen to me... I don't believe in your narrow-minded little system of values, get that? Until whatever is up there gets its act together and actually starts caring about the world, and until it shows itself to me, I will not believe in anything as mind-blowingly foolish as "Doing things that are not pleasing to God will make you suffer & have a bad effect to you" Isn't God supposed to be love? No wait. This is the God that recommends genocide! Have you even read the book you love to quote? Get this:

"Serial genocide committed by Joshua & sanctioned by God who sends killer hail to help
Joshua 10:10-41 " �¢ï¿½�¦ slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, �¢ï¿½�¦ and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah. �¢ï¿½�¦ the Lord cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword. �¢ï¿½�¦ when the Lord delivered up the Amorites �¢ï¿½�¦ until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. �¢ï¿½�¦ when Joshua and the children of Israel had made an end of slaying them with a very great slaughter, till they were consumed, that the rest which remained of them entered into fenced cities. �¢ï¿½�¦ And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, �¢ï¿½�¦ and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: �¢ï¿½�¦ Then Joshua �¢ï¿½�¦ fought against Libnah: �¢ï¿½�¦ and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; �¢ï¿½�¦ And Joshua passed from Libnah, �¢ï¿½�¦ unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: �¢ï¿½�¦ and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah. Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining. .. .Joshua passed unto Eglon, �¢ï¿½�¦ and fought against it:.And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, �¢ï¿½�¦ And Joshua went up from Eglon, �¢ï¿½�¦ And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein..And Joshua returned �¢ï¿½�¦ to Debir; and fought against it: �¢ï¿½�¦ and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: �¢ï¿½�¦ Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, �¢ï¿½�¦ Joshua smote them from Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon."

Or this:

"Exodus 20:5 & Deuteronomy 5:9 " �¢ï¿½�¦ I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

Does this sound like preventing suffering to you?

And you say I'm worse than a demon (and thank you, I'm aware they're rebellious angels. I have read your gory bedtime story) because I don't believe in your God. Wow, you sound surprisingly convincing, since I don't believe in the things anyway. Wake up! Insulting me with a fictional being is not going to convince me. And by saying those words, it sounds strangely like something you would hear from an extremist imam from Iran, although you do have a point in your favor: you're not threatening to kill me for my atheism (and does this cause suffering? Why yes!)

Some kind of COPY-PASTE..
Well, i have noticed that you are putting point for OLD TESTAMENT only, how bout the New Testament? Try to read the new testament and scan..relate it to the Old Testament so that you will not have questions that only you that bruises your head in questioning!
You will really UNDERSTAND the WHOLE Bible contents if you will read it from Genesis to Revelation. You are hungry in spiritual sense and the Bible will suffice and provide food for your hunger..
I admire your knowledge about the Bible but still you need an ACCURATE knowlegde, because obtaining accurate knowledge can 'lead you to Everlasting Life in Paradise on earth'.. :D

merged: 05-27-2006 ~ 09:20am

Quote by Persocom01Well I believe that sometimes kindness is born out of pain, patience from waiting, and humility from humiliation...

We aren't perfect, and if we have everything our way, it normally results in the suffering of someone else. Aren't we all selfish individuals to some extent?

I don't think you should blame God for our suffering. Imagine if someone had everything going his way... won't he be like some spoilt brat?

You dont get his point..

merged: 05-27-2006 ~ 09:39am
[/quote=Persocomo01]

And how are they 'annihilated forever'?

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." - Revelations 20:10

It says that in the lake of fire there is eternal torment in this verse. There are many verses in the Bible that do not require careful reading that refer to hell.

Reading Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 does not tell me that there is no hell. To me it merely says to me that there is nothing I can do after my death.

Do you know the origin of the teaching of Hellfire?
Don't you know that what you are believing is a misinterpretation of what really the Bible teaches.
Genesis 3:19 says that God says to Adam and Eve ,"In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return."

Eccl. 9:5,10b: ..." All that your hand finds to do, do it with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol the place to which you are going."
Note that SHEOL here means where we are going,where we are to be buried..Where? Obviously GRAVEYARD!
Sheol is a hebrew term which refers not to individual burial place, but to common graveyard of dead mankind.

The term Ge'en-na is a greek term that SYMBOLIZES eternal destruction. Note that it only SYMBOLIZES..and to sybolize is not to understand it LITERALLY but it is in SPIRITUAL sense.

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

PAche

PAche

hoarder

you believe in god i'll assume.if that's the way it is, then why are you asking us, mere mortals?dude, go ask "God" himself, though i don't know how you're gonna do that.but really, this question can't be answered by anyone.

the first thing i thought of first however, was that he's sadistic

in addition, imagine a world without suffering.people, or any living thing with a mind, will get conceited and lazy, and the world will come crashing down.it's impossible not to suffer

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Kiriou

Kiriou

~**Cherry Kisses**~

Yeah...god will let us do whatever we want. He is very powerful but will let us make some decisions on are own no matter what we choose to do. It's not like god rules us and always brings us good luck. Plenty of times there will be bad luck but thats common! It happens to everybody in there life...so god can't help us on everything but he can on some. For example: If you prayed to god that you wish you would win the lottery and you didn't ^^; it was not god's fault. That was just of simple luck!

i dont think he allows us to suffer, maybe the reason is 'cause he allows it because WE ourselves have did soemthing wrong, made fun of someone, made a sterotype, killed someone, etc.

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

Quote by ishimiSome kind of COPY-PASTE..
Well, i have noticed that you are putting point for OLD TESTAMENT only, how bout the New Testament? Try to read the new testament and scan..relate it to the Old Testament so that you will not have questions that only you that bruises your head in questioning!
You will really UNDERSTAND the WHOLE Bible contents if you will read it from Genesis to Revelation. You are hungry in spiritual sense and the Bible will suffice and provide food for your hunger..
I admire your knowledge about the Bible but still you need an ACCURATE knowlegde, because obtaining accurate knowledge can 'lead you to Everlasting Life in Paradise on earth'.. :D

The Bible is coherent in both the old and the new testament. Moreover... I don't think you're answering the question with any evidence at all. Shouldn't you be sharing your understanding with him rather than of saying, "go look for the answers yourself! They are all in the Bible!"

Quote by ishimiDo you know the origin of the teaching of Hellfire?
Don't you know that what you are believing is a misinterpretation of what really the Bible teaches.
Genesis 3:19 says that God says to Adam and Eve ,"In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return."

Eccl. 9:5,10b: ..." All that your hand finds to do, do it with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol the place to which you are going."
Note that SHEOL here means where we are going,where we are to be buried..Where? Obviously GRAVEYARD!
Sheol is a hebrew term which refers not to individual burial place, but to common graveyard of dead mankind.

The term Ge'en-na is a greek term that SYMBOLIZES eternal destruction. Note that it only SYMBOLIZES..and to sybolize is not to understand it LITERALLY but it is in SPIRITUAL sense.

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return." - Genesis 3:19

Our bodies do return to the Earth. I don't see how this verse is applicable to what you are saying.

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." - Ecclesiastes 9:5

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

Yes that there is nothing the dead can do with their own strength to affect the world of the living.

That brings me back to the point.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:" - Mark 9:43

Apparently there's fire in hell.

"And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." Luke 12:4-5

Apparently there is a condition worse than mere 'death'. And that condition is death and going to hell.

And yes I do know that hell is for the sprit because the body returns to the Earth.

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

whoa... :sweat: lots and lots of arguments...
but anyhow, about the question, "Why does God allow us to suffer"
in my opinion, what is life if we do not experience pain and suffering? if life is all about happiness and no problems or issues causing suffering, wouldnt life be pointelss and boring? imagine a perfect world where there's no grief, worries, problems, peace in every nation etc. i wouldnt call this life...
i also believe that God allows us to suffer to teach us a lesson in life... does not matter if you are indirectly or directly affected

and uhmm, Revelations (in my point of view) is symbolic...
Revelations 12 1-4
"a great sign appeard in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. she was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she laboured to give birth. then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems."
These can't be possilbe (no evidence about real dragons yet esp if it has "seven heads and ten horns") in real life. but if you analyse it properly, you can see that it has lots of sybolism ...

To also fully understand the bible, you must first accept that the bible contains different types of truths - symbolic - we must understand these symbols to make sense of the text,
religious truth - tells us about ways to be in right/good relationships between ourselves, God and our neighbour,
Scientific truth - the bible is not a science book. Science tells us how in a logical way but religion tells us why. Use both science and religionn to explain how the world began for example...
Historical Truth - bible contains history about Hebrew(Jew). it will have historical characters in it ie Moses
and then Proverbial and Moral truths but i wont go to too much detail about that...kinda tired writing now :_;
so yea... take the newpaper for example, it has different parts like obituary, editorial, world news, sports and other parts...its just like the bible...

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 185 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.