Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Errorsafe advertisment - Minitokyo

Errorsafe advertisment

page 1 of 1 10 total items

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I'm putting this forward not only from my experience but also two of my friends who have had similar problems. This is a problem that has happened many times in the last couple of days, I belive the cause is an errorsafe advertisement on MT that's hijacking the browser. I just want to check that it's universal as so far I can only tell that it's me and my friends.

Basically one of those pop-ups appears on the screen saying theres such and such an error, normally these are fine and can just be closed of cancelled however this one is different. When you click close or cancel the ad will shrink then re-open an errorsafe page in the same window, rather than opening a new one and many a time have I ended up closing the ad window, which was my MT window. It really is becoming a pain as it's happening again and again.

I'll add that I've noticed this on IE on other computers but I can't remember if it was happening on my firefox at home, I'll update this post soon as to whether it is or not. Basically just want to check how many people this is happening to and then if it isn't just me, request that something be done. The page I've taken notice of is for errorsafe however there may have been more than one and again I will take more notice in the coming days.

EDIT: To make solving the problem a little easier if you are encountering the problem can you also indicate what browser you are using.

EDIT 2: Well I've found that good old firefox is actively blocking the errorsafe pop-up hijack ad, which I think proves that it definately must be there for everyone (and of course that firefox is superior!)

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

That same thing also happened to me a couple of times, it's really frustrating ;(

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I use Internet Explorer and it has happened to me not only on Minitokyo but also on Xanga o_0!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

i have never seen that kind of error before and i use firefox 1.5 , but lets wait, sometimes my nescape suddenly stop and shut down but i dont know why while i was browsing mt, is that a kind of this error >__<

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

hmm since i live elsewhere i may not be experiencing that ad at all. Can you post the link the ad is pointing to when clicked upon? If I can find out that particular ad i can block it from being displayed.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

http://www.errorsafe.com/pages/scanner/index.php?aid=tiger_au_en_ed2&lid=swf&ex=1&p=&ax=1&h=
That seems to be where it directs to but I think the frequency between home and school is different. Either that or in the last couple of days google have decided to barrage MT with cursor and smiley adds rather than the scanner one.

It's Australia specific on the ad (that I'm seeing anyways) and Kuroimisa is in Australia too it seems. As for elime being in the netherlands and recieving the same problem, well I'm out of ideas.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

ads always load via the company they are served by. i actually need that url. it should be visible in your status bar when hovering over the advertisement. i dont need the full url, just the domain name =)

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Well I've never thought of myself as computer incompetent but I can't find who's providing the ad cause of the way the popup occurs (although this may be restrictions on school computers influencing this). I'll try to make it pop up again and take some screenshots to show exactly what it's doing since not many others seem to be experiencing the problem.

merged: 06-16-2006 ~ 08:24am
Browsing MT and every so often you get to a window and the MT window will go bye byes and you see this:
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6353/error15xy.th.jpg
(the error detected at the bottom is suppose to be the MT window)
Then you click cancel of exit or anything and you go to this (with MT window now gone)

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3856/error23mh.th.jpg

It also indicates up the top right this seems to be for aussies only, any ideas?

Not sure if this will work for you or not...

I currently run Norton AV 2006 on my computer. Somehow I ended up with a Trojan (ibm00001.exe). Norton cleaned it and no problems... or so I thought.

Since then I've been getting the the same problem - Errorsafe poppin up while shutting down certain sites while I'm browsing.

I decided to be safe and ran Lavasoft Ad-Aware - which said that everything was clean. On a whim, I downloaded Spybot and ran it as well - and found Torpig in a Windows Temp file. Its primarily used by ibm00001.exe to steal information, etc... but apparently it can also be used to throw out random advertising.

Don't know why neither Norton or AdAware found it, but I had Spybot kill it for me and I haven't had a problem since.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

yeah I used to have that exact same ad pop-up every now and again. Get the Adblock extension for Firefox. You can manually block any scripts that you think are causing pop-ups and somehow getting past Firefox's filters. Very easy to use. It would also be a good idea to clean out your internet temp files and clear your cache and cookies.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.