Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any Good Tutorial Sites? - Minitokyo

Any Good Tutorial Sites?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

I'm particularly looking for tutorials how to do BGs like sunsets and how to blur pics in with the Background :( . Help would be much appreciated! :)

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

*might actually move this into the Art forum*

I wish more information was given on what program you wanted these tutorials to be on... and "how to blur pics in" with the background is very ambiguous.

Anyway, there are a load of those kind of tutorials on deviantART... but just to write my own little tutorial here:

* Open up a new canvas... 1024 x 768, 1600x1200 pixels... or whatever your choice happens to be.
* On your layer, select a huge brush (maybe 50 pixels or even 100 pixels... 200 pixels... depending on the size of your canvas)
* Click your colour palette and choose a yellow
* Brush a line across the bottom on your canvas in that yellow
* Pick another colour: orange
* Repeat above the yellow, but have a thicker "sandwich" than the yellow
* Pick another colour: reddish orange
* Colour the whole top section in that reddish orange.
* Go to FIlters> Blur> Gaussian Blur and move the bar all the way to the end.
* You have a sky all blurred in nicely and have a gradient.
* Create another layer
* Pick a soft yellow, orange or even white
* Choose a soft edge brush (your choice of size)
* Draw clouds with your brush.
* If they are too puffy and not long enough, go to filters> Blur> Motion blur and check the preview box and play around with how many pixels you want them blurred. Make sure the angle is at 0 degrees to widen the clouds.
* Select the colour burn tool (under the brush tool) and burn the UNDERSIDES of the clouds.
* If the clouds seem too try, set the opacity at a lower level... 40%... 30%... play around with it. The opacity bar is at the top of your layer palette.

As for your "blurring" pics in the background, I can interpret that in two ways:

* Literally using a blur filter to blend something in with the background:
On minitokyo this is generally unacceptable... we hope for people to create their own backgrounds etc. so just 'blurring' will not be enough, unless it was blurred exceptionally well X-P

* "Blending" the picture in with the background:
Well this comes with experimentation.
Have a browse of the galleries (particularly those entries... not necessarily with the highest favourites, but those in either the elite gallery or highlighted even) and have a look at how the artists have dealt with the scan. Some have extracted, some used modified stock photos, some use vector, some use abstract-

So the second part of your request I can't answer... I hope that you could clarify it a bit more, and perhaps you may find some good tutorials around here :) Kudos!

merged: 05-25-2006 ~ 03:33pm
PS the sky tutorial is NOT limited to 3 colours... you can use as many colours as you want... and any colours you want. the same thing applies to a blue sky, a nightsky... or a purple fantasy sky. The concept is generally the same :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Thank you very much for your help!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.