Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LOST 2nd Season Finale (Discussion thread) *SPOILERS* - Minitokyo

LOST 2nd Season Finale (Discussion thread) *SPOILERS*

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Hi all,

There isn't a section in the MT forum where we can discuss TV shows so I figured I'll put this here.

I just watched the 2nd season finale for the LOST tv show. Absolutely blew my mind! I'd like to discuss my speculations and theories with everyone on MT. There is ALOT of speculation so be prepared for a looooooong read ^_^'

*****************SPOILERS****************

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT LOOKING IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE 2ND SEASON

I reckon Locke and Ecko are still alive but Desmond might not be. You might assume that Desmond triggered a self-destruct sequence but I don't think that's what happened. If they could have destroyed the "geomagnetic phenomenon" by blowing it up, I reckon they would have done it already, ESPECIALLY if it could destroy the world. Locke is a great character and I don't really see them killing him off just yet :P Although LOST has been pretty unpredictable with the sudden deaths of Anna-Lucia and Libby...

As for the 4 toed statue... anybody's guess is as good as mine. I don't have any good theories at the moment. It's mostly crazy speculation... A statue of that size and detail shows that there must have been some sort of civilisation on that island, the Stone Hendge type rocks on the mountain also can't be a natural formation. Maybe it's the fabled lost city of Atlantis?

No wait.... to add onto what I just said... I just realised something! Near the end of the finale you could clearly see that the "Others" and the trio were on a man-made MODERN pier.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1664/lost8kk.th.jpg

You'll notice that the sign on the roof says PALA FERRY which was mentioned in Pearl Orientation Video. My crazy theory is that although this pier was probably used by the Dharma Initiative, it was probably used as a ferry port for tourists before that! THE ISLAND USED TO BE A THEME PARK, and the statue was possibly of a cartoon character! Hence the 4 toes!

I was convinced that the whole button thing was a fake. But after seeing this finale it's obvious that it wasn't. What was the deal with everything going crazy when the system failed? My best guess is this geomagnetic phenomenon caused the iron in everyone's blood stream to rush towards the powerful magnetic source and created the illusions of the sky suddenly brigthening and the "violet" i think that Aussie girl mentioned (i can't remember her name :( ).

One thing that puzzles me is how Charlie got out so quickly and seemingly unharmed if there was really a big explosion. Honestly I'd much rather they kill off Charlie than either Locke, Ecko or Desmond :P

As for Micheal... well I never liked the guy from the beginning... He's annoyed me pretty much since the beginning of LOST. I have a feeling he won't just leave the island. I reckon he'll turn up late in the 3rd Season in an attempt to rescue the captured trio.

The "Others" are still a puzzle to me... I really don't see what their purpose on the island is... They obviously have knowledge of the hatches and can apparently leave the island if they wanted to, so why stay...

Desmond said that he might have caused the plane to crash, because the system failed exactly the same date as the crash. Maybe this 2nd system failure caused another crash... The next season might see the introduction of some more crash survivors. Those writers are PURE GENIOUS!

Anyways that's enough speculation from me ^^ Let the discussions begin!

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Michael's actor had mentioned on Good Morning America I think, that there was talk once that his character would not be in season 3 at all, and he would reappear in season 4 to rescue them, but since he said that on tv it's probably moot now.

I believe Desmond, Locke and Eko are all alive in well and it wasn't a self destruct button or something like that. I believe it simply reversed the polarity of electromagnetic device, which would explain why the hatch was thrown so far into the air. Yes there has been speculation about them being on Atlantis, the statue has been said to be simliar to The Colossus of Rhodes the 7th or 8th wonder of the old world.

There will be introduction of new characters in season 3, I believe Desmond and his girlfriend, Penelope, will be two of the new characters. Since she has found where the electromagnetic disturbance caused by Locke not pushing the button. Remember what she said, you can find anyone with a lot of money. Now the question is, is she specifically looking for Desmond somehow knowing he is on the island? Or is she looking for the island for another reason. Her father the President of Widmore Corporation or whatever it's called seems to be in cohoets with Hanso/Dharma, we can deduct that due to the fact she knows about the island and we can clearly see Widmore products all over the island, not to mention the REAL Henry Gale's balloon also carried the Widmore logo on it.

I am also slightly confused as to why Charlie didn't go back for Locke and Eko, we know he has been taking the syrum in the injections...one might deduct that they fog memory...you could come to that conclusion since Claire and her baby were recieving injections(same stuff?) when they were kidnapped and she seemed to not remember anything at all. However it wasn't really alluded to in the episode that Charlie was using the syrum.

Did you happen to catch that Kelvin was in fact the same gentlemen who was instructin Sayid in Iraq to torture that other Iraqi?

Touching on what Fenry (fake Henry Gale) he said "we are the good guys" to Michael, I believe him...I think that would make for an interesting twist...makes you wonder who is the bad guy. I also believe Fenry is in fact the very "him" he was talking about while in the hatch to Sayid, I think he is the leader of the Others...also a great twist.

Something else that I read about, what was the nod and look between Jack and Kate at the end? What did it mean? Was it the acknowledgement that he had a plan, or was it more of assurance to let her know everything would be all right? I think Sawyer looked a little mad/jealous over that look...so I'm leaning toward the latter.

Dates have been now confirmed...atleast dates of when this all started 9/22/2004 is when the system failed on Desmond resulting in their plane crash(that also happens to be the very date that LOST aired on TV, hehe). So according to that date...65 days have passed...that puts them towards the end of December of 2004 if not already Jan of 2005.

merged: 05-26-2006 ~ 11:08am
I forgot also that it is said that Matthew Fox's tattoos are real, but they will play of some importance in a future story. Also in another story to come it's going to be explained why in only 3 weeks that Walt was gone did he grow so much(obviously it was more than a year since the filming was happening, it's cool that they will explain this growth spurt as a twist).

merged: 05-26-2006 ~ 11:08am
My personal theory is that they are stranded on a failed DisneyWorld Island Park that went wrong.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

wow thanks for all that info fluke! I never noticed all those Widmore Corp. logos till you mentioned it. It makes sense, since everything in LOST so far has been connected in some way or form. Also well spotted with the Kelvin and Saeed connection. I knew I had seen that guy somewhere before. How the hell did he get on the island i wonder....

I was actually gonna ask about those tattoo's on Jack's (Matther Fox's character) arm. It's interesting to see that the writers will try to include it into the story. I was always under the impression that major actors usually avoid getting tattoos since it may prevent them from getting a part in a certain movie/tv show.

Your theory about the reversed polarities seems plausible and would explain the lack of explosion. I'm assuming that means that they still have to "push the button".

My first guess about the statue was Atlantis or some sort of lost civilisation. But i think that explanation is too convenient... that's why i suggested the theme park.

As for Fenry saying "we are the good guys"... maybe he's just messing with their heads? He did a pretty damn good job of screwing with their minds when they first caught him. He does appear to be a very important member of the "Others". A intersting little bit of info I found on the net: PALA has several cultural references and is a utopian island in a book called the "Island". Search for "pala ferry" in Google

One thing to note, whatever has been going on on the island has been going on for a very long time. At least 20 if not more years (remember that Russo's exploration party landed on the island at least 15 years ago).

I look foward to seeing more of Desmond and Penelope. After killing two female characters, it makes sense that they should introduce another female character. However I hope they do not try to introduce too many new characters via another plane crash. That would just be lazy and after 2 great seasons, I expect a lot more from the LOST writers.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.