Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Turning on Japanese voices in games? - Minitokyo

Turning on Japanese voices in games?

Do you turn on Japanese voice-overs in games?

Yep!
13 votes
Sometimes
4 votes
No
3 votes
Uh...what?
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Ok, some games have an option to turn on Japanese voices instead of the default ones- the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana and Soul Calibur 3 (and maybe the Xbox version of SC2, I'd have to double-check). I always turn them on if there's the option (if there is, it's usually in the Sound Menu). I was just curious as to who else turns Japanese on and why, and on what games? I'll post some of my own thoughts later.

Ok, I'll post one now: I really wish some of the Final Fantasy games had that option. (Or do they, and I live under a rock?)

Just seeing if there's any kindred spirits out there... ;) Lemme know!

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

sure, since they sounded better in japanese anyway. like Disgaea and Atelier Iris: Azoth of Destiny that i'm currently playing.. also in La Pucelle tactics, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom (except Atelier Iris all of them was developed by Nippon Ichi which always include the language option feature for all their game).. no offense but for me, anime based RPG like Tales series is better in japanese voice and sounds horrible in english.. they just look... emotionless

and no, i don't think FF have that kind of option

Signature

No, cuz I never understand them. My brothers prefer it in Japanese for whatever reason. I've heard all the different voice overs and to me, they all sound the freakin' same. I guess it's a matter of taste, unless your like me: neutral in most things. Anyways, again I don't and Final Fantasy has no language options.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

Unfortunately, practically all the games I play don't have that option. Though I'm sure that if they did, I would use it (would especially like it for future FF games).

I would love too... but I haven't played games that give this possibility even if there's only FFX so far that made me wish that (the english dub wasn't really convincing).

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I rather they have a dubbed engrish version, now that be funny. or even better they speak Lisbon.
anyway, likewise, a few jap games I play I also turn them on, the visual and aural impact just adds up together especially with vibrating pads.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

I always choose the Japanese voice option on my first game, then the english dub in my second playthrough. I understand a bit of japanese and I simply like the sound of the language. It just seems to me that the acting is much more emotional than the english dubs. Plus, I have no trouble reading subtitles and watching scenes at the same time. Games I can recall that I had played with this language option is one of the Soul Calibur games and Onimusha Dawn of Dreams.

Signature

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

english voices in games bother me so much as english dubs ^^;
they look false...like unable of screaming or acting right.

a good example of this is the Guilty Gear X opening animation...the animation was incredible and it made me wish there was a GGX anime but ZOMG, the voices! dear god....

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

There are reasons why Final Fantasy could't have such options; but the dubs by Square is way better compared th other titles like Onimusha: DoD. The English dubs sound like it came off a cheap imitation company...

rpc

no always choose the Japanese voice option on my first game, then the english dub in my second playthrough. I understand a bit of japanese and I simply like the sound of the language

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

You can turn Japanese voices on in games...? When did that happen?!? :o

I'd love to see it in some of the Final Fantasy games, if only to give a little consistancy with sequels (X-2) and spin-offs (Kingdom Hearts). But as I'm not a huge gamer & I only have a humble chunky black PS2 then I guess it doesn't really bother me at all...

I really wish I could on the few games that use quite a lot voices that I have played. The ones I would have really like to have this option are Final Fantasy X and Tales of Symphonia... cause I really feel that the english voices sound wrong... and well since they were subbed in french, it wasn't like the advantages of a dub were there.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

I've done it with games that have English subtitles then, like .hack...

MasterDrew

MasterDrew

The random Monkey!!!

Yea if a game from japan dosn't have japanes voices then the diolauge sounds crappy, cause the US bussness for game voices is kinda low. That's why i like DOA for example.

Of course I do it, and I would like that i most of the games, like on the RPG's or in the fighting ones you could have that options.
Now I'm playing onimusha 4 and the voices are so much cooler on japanese, and also the voice of sora on the Kindomherats 2, But I play it on english :(

Signature Image

Quote by alminaI really wish I could on the few games that use quite a lot voices that I have played. The ones I would have really like to have this option are Final Fantasy X and Tales of Symphonia... cause I really feel that the english voices sound wrong... and well since they were subbed in french, it wasn't like the advantages of a dub were there.

Now, I would'nt mind your comment, but concerning Rikku (FFX), I highly disagree. She sounds right, even in english. Especially if the actress was Tara Strong.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

sometimes... cause like if there is like stuff
in my language which is english or chinese
like subs or something like subs
then i will change over
if not i wouldn't change
cause i wouldn't understand the game -.-"
so yar...
but you hardly find games with subs -.-"

If there's an option, I'll~!
For fun this way.. hehe
Games like dot.hack, Phantom Brave, Disgaea, Atelier Iris..
But Mostly I played games like er.. Double reaction, Prince of tennis-school festival? (I'm not sure of the name *nervous smile*), Monochorme... All in japanese~
( out of topic.. I guess)

Some is japanese-voice but wif sub. like FFX and X-2 (I think) hehe

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.