Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A thread for older folk - Minitokyo

A thread for older folk

page 1 of 1 9 total items

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

I've seen a lot of talk on the forums about people in high school and college.

This makes me think...
1) I'm old
2) There aren't that many in the post-college-grad demographic on MT

I'm pretty sure the later isn't the case, though I just wanted to be sure. What do you, the people in the "real world" do in your every day lives besides lurk around anime forums?

Me? I've been out of school for about 6 months and currently working at a globally known software company in the customer service/sales/marketing/support field. I'll leave it up to you to guess which one. Here's a hint, the CEO's name is Steve.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Hmm... I'm going to take a guess at "Apple Inc." and "Steve Jobs".

Do I win? ^^;;

Code software, give training classes and assist users in problems.

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by raptorfbHmm... I'm going to take a guess at "Apple Inc." and "Steve Jobs".

Do I win? ^^;;

Sorry, try again. Yes, their CEO's name is Steve too, but they're predominantly a hardware company ;)

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Ballmer?

Then again, my guess isn't all that fair =D

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Meh, I turned a year older yesterday (5/30) and will soon be officially joining the older crowd...

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I am part of the older crowd. I went back to school after working, so I just identify with the younger-older crowd. :) I'm not that much older than you, so don't worry. There's some "old-farts" on MT too.

Disclaimer: I implied "old-farts" as an indicator of age - no insult ment to the older MT wanderers. :)

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by ElvesI am part of the older crowd. I went back to school after working, so I just identify with the younger-older crowd. :) I'm not that much older than you, so don't worry.

Wow, that's interesting. What made you decided to go back to school?

Signature Image

Quote by kawaiiguy
This makes me think...
1) I'm old
2) There aren't that many in the post-college-grad demographic on MT

1) You're only as old as you feel.

In relation to this thread I am old, I graduated with a degree in Geography with an emphasis in Geology, so in terms of geologic time, I'm just getting started. I now work as a city planner. The town is so small that I have plenty of time for lurking around Minitokyo.

2) It's true, Anime attracts a younger crowd.

Like smoking, anime is extremely addictive and most people get started in their teens. As I get older, I just watch Anime that is geared toward an older audience. Most of the younger people in Minitokyo will still be anime fans when they get older, so I don't think age matters, just a love of the medium.

The old people are here, just not as loud as the younger people.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.