Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Galaxy Angel II - Minitokyo

Galaxy Angel II

Tagged under Galaxy Angel

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next » 1,008 total items

Well, there's about 3 weeks left before the GAII game comes out and i know it'll be hell for me to wait since i preordered the delux pack already. so i decided to start a new thread (which is my first) and see if there are any others waiting to get this game.
i was actually wondering when the anime for GAII was to be aired. last i heard of it, they said it was gonna be aired in march...well...it seems kinda past that month and nothing yet. anyone know about what happened? the GAII game was suppoused to be released on april as well, but got pushed back to june. so my guess is that they wanted to release the game around the time the anime was gonna be aired.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

As far as I know, there's no actual release date on the Anime. The only real thing you can be sure of is GATVII (If you like listening to Ryoko and Yuna babble about nothing). But yeah I have the game preordered as well and am looking forward to playing it. It's still in question whether it will follow the game's story, the manga, or be like the original GA series to tell the truth. I wouldn't expect it until NEXT March maybe but if it comes out this year I'll be suprised. I'm working with a sub team on it so I'll give you any info that gets passed onto me.

cool, that's good to hear that a sub team will work on it once it's aired. i'm hoping that it's not based on the game just for spoilers sake. i mean if i see an episode that i haven't reached yet in the game, i'll have to restrain myself from watching. if it follows the tradition of the GA anime with the wackiness and randomness, then i'm all up for it. i've watched all seasons of least 5 times or so and i'm still cracking up at the funny stuff.

oh yeah there's something that i've been wondering about the GAII game that i read (or tried to read) on the official GAII game website. there's a timeline of what happened after the events of GA:EL on the website. the 4 years inbetween the GAII story and the end of GA:EL says something about a "chrono gate" with the gatekeeper being milfy. i can't read why she was chosen but that's probably the reason why she was shown captured in the intro sequence of GAII. my japanese is kinda...meh...there's too many kanji that i still can't read, but hopefully someone more advanced can understand what happened. it even tells when and how(?) the emblem frames were found for the rune angel-tai. oh and also, i think they said that you are able to combine save files from the past 3 GA games with GAII. i'm not exactly sure, but do you just need the save files or to actually complete each angel-tai's stories? and was there something about the lucky star v.s. the cross caliber?

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

Well here's all I can personally explain on that matter. I'm still a little shoddy with certain kanji as well but I was able to pick out a few more things.

Concerning Milfie's job as a gatekeeper. She discovered she had the potential at the end of EL to become the Gatekeeper, so she willingly took the job. The Gatekeeper is obviously there to control the gate between the two worlds (which you saw in EL if you played it). About her being captured is probably part of the new plot. I.E. someone trying to break the chain of peace between NEUE and EDEN again.

The save file thing isn't too much of a biggy as I've seen. It seems as long as you have a previous GA save that you unlock the ability to use the Lune Angel Troop in simulation mode. That's the only affiliation I know. What girl you completed the game with doesn't factor in really since you choose who Takuto got with at the beginning, to change story events and such.

As for the Lucky Star Vs. Cross Caliber thing, I don't really know. It's either some fierce sibling rivalry (yeah right) or some crazy villianous plot to turn Apricot against her beloved sister. I think it's one of those things that you can only wait for.

On my side, I just had a question in what came in the Deluxe pack anyway. Anything worth going crazy over? I figured I had most of the GAII already so I didn't bother getting it.

wow, i did not get any of that story when i first played through eternal lovers with milfy (although my japanese was really limited back then). oh yeah, do you have any idea what ABSOLUTE is? they probably mentioned it in EL but i must have missed it. that's one of the things i couldn't figure out.

also, how does the braveheart combination system with the emblem frames work?

i don't think there's anything real special in the deluxe pack. it's almost like the other special packages for the other games with an illustration book, a drama disc, and i think it comes in a nifty box. i think those flags they show in the products page of the GAII website come with the deluxe box as well, although i'm not too sure. the only reason i got the deluxe was for a kind of stupid reason....i like the cover art better on the deluxe than the standard one. yeah it's cool too see the emblem frames on the cover with a nice headshot of apricot. but seeing the group shot on the deluxe sold me.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

ABSOLUTE is pretty much the area inbetween EDEN and NEUE. That's where the Gatekeeper (Milfie) pretty much states to control the gate. I don't really know what it looks like but I don't think it was shown in EL, maybe mentioned.

The Braveheart combination thing seems pretty simple, but I'm not sure how it works. Kazuya's Emblem Frame has the ability to combine with any of the other frames (depending on your choosing, I'm not sure if it's governed by the girl or before battle). When it does this, it works to amplify the power of whatever frame you combine with. I wish I knew how and I'm not sure if it completely changes the looks too but it sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting it but I didn't want to cough up the extra 40 dollars. I'm already saving up for the DVD for the musical since I really wanted to see it. So since I wanted to save money for that, I figured I could do without whatever the deluxe pack offered me. You are right though, the box art is cooler on it.

oh yeah that's another thing, what was NEUE again? i think i thought that it was a new version of Transvaal or something. i know of EDEN of course from the previous games, but then NEUE is the new word that i saw floating around on their website, and i'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned.

he---h, you're gonna get the musical, huh. i was a bit curious about that. i was a bit disappointed when i found out that the angel-tai weren't played by the seiyuus themselves. and then i heard chitose was gonna be played by goto saori, but she injured herself and had to be replaced by someone else. i heard that it was pretty good. let me know how it's like.

by the way, did you get the galaxy angel EX game? i know it's a mini-game filled game, but from looking at the site for that, i only saw 3 mini-games. it's probably just a sample of what there is but they say that there's "takusan" minigames there. i like minigames, so i was thinking of getting it when i have cash to spare....or sacrifice.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

I don't know. Maybe it's me that's confused here. I thought that NEUE was the world that Transvaal and where Galaxy Angel started. Then I thought EDEN was the world we saw in Eternal Lovers where all the events of EL occured (I'm probably completely wrong on this.)

Yeah I head too many good things about the musical not to get it. Then I read good reviews from the actual voice actors and eventually gave in. The skits sound pretty funny and I don't mind that the actors are different.

Yeah...Galaxy Angel EX. I didn't get to play much but it was just a bunch of sloppy mini-games. It was only my friend's and he wouldn't really give it up, so I may order it eventually. Personally, I enjoyed the GBA game more.

6 days left

no, i think you're right. i think NEUE is the galaxy where GA started (although i've never heard them mention NEUE in the games). EDEN is the galaxy where Lushiati and Vine (dunno how to romanize their names) came from. so that was like in the 2nd half of the game.

i was able to play GA EX. i think it's something good to just kill some time, not the greatest game but still pretty alright. the upside is getting the neat wallpapers as prizes.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

So now that it's so close. What coupling of girls are you going to have. I mean what girl are you going to pair Takuto with and what new girl are you gonna date first?

It's released! now to wait a week for shipping

huh? takuto is the character you play? are you saying that you can choose a girl from GA for takuto and choose a GAII girl for kazuya? if that's the case, i'd pick vanilla for GA and kahlua for GAII cuz she's hot! i also like her seiyuu Hirano Aya. but as i did in the past GA games, i gotta beat it first with the main girl, this time being apricot. what about for you?

oh yeah, i just recently listened to the duet albums of GAI and GAII and then i heard something i wasn't too sure of. in the vanilla and nano-nano album, i noticed nano-nano kept calling vanilla "mama". it's probably something they'll mention in the game or it was mentioned in that timeline that was on the main website.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

No you don't play as Takuto but it's for plot reasons. Since this takes place after Eternal Lovers, Takuto technically ended up with somebody. I won't mention any ending because other people read these posts too. As for me I was planning Vanilla as well and I was rather interested in Nano-Nano's story.

Yeah, the duet albums are a little confusing in that way. I figured the "mama" thing was just to be cute. It may show up in the game though, so I'm not really sure what to tell you. Not a lot is known about her so it's probably something you'll learn about in the game.

grrr...i just found out that the people i ordered the game from are delaying the shipping until next week so i have to wait for 2 weeks *sigh*.

yeah i was wondering if takuto would actually end up with someone in GAII. i wonder if that'll be an intricate part of the story....probably not. it would be cool though. huh, i wonder if there are other people reading this...if they are they've been really quiet.

oh yeah there was another thing that i just recently noticed. nothing story wise but more art wise. kanan does pretty much most of the artwork for all GA related things. i thought he/she (although i think kanan's a she) did the event scences in the GA games. come to my surprise, it wasn't. it was by someone named nishino tsukasa which is funny because that's the same name for one of the characters in a series called ichigo 100%. i was disappointed finding out that it wasn't kanan doing the artwork but amazed by how close nishino tsukasa's artwork is to kanan's. anyone have an idea of who that artist is?

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

I've been talking to some of my friends who pre-ordered and it seems like this isn't just one place. All of us use different import stores and nobody has gotten a shipping notice as of yet. I'm in desperate need of the game too, I'm really starting to go GA crazy.

I expect who you pick as Takuto's partner would change some events. Especially if you chose Milfy and she really does get captured then I think you would see a different Takuto then if you chose someone else.

That's interesting about the GA scenes. They seemed a little different but I didn't give it a second thought. By the way, Kanan is a girl and she actually got married awhile back (Always wondered how that was going). I don't really know about that artist though, and I can't find anything when I look up the name.

oh that's good that i'm not the only one who's order got delayed...well no it's not good at all because everyone has to suffer too. i feel the same way, when i found out it got delayed i was on a freakin rampage. mine's not shipping until the 28th, suppouseldy. i need to see the new angel-tai as well as the original ones in an older age (vanilla-san!)!

i guess that makes sense. that's a lot routes that are possible then especially with the rune angel-tai. oh yeah by the way, have you tried the puzzle games from the main GAII website? i'm not sure if i got all the wallpapers but i got 2 of each character, a normal and the special swimsuit one, and an extra one for tequila. i have a feeling i'm missing some but not too sure.

yeah i figured kanan was a girl because the way she drew the manga felt more of a girl style (like there's some panels where flowers are drawn around the character...and i'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of guy manga artists that do that). it's just funny how kanan draws herself in her manga to where you can't tell if she's a male or female. it's kinda dissapointing that we won't be able to see as much kanan art as in past games...well now that we know it wasn't really her who drew the scenes, it won't really matter. they've seemed to take the anime style instead of the manga style into GAII unlike the past games when during the game the characters during gameplay were drawn by kanan.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

WOOO! It finally shipped today. Now all I have to do is listen to all the random character singles to distract myself. I was thinking about playing Eternal Lovers until it came and read into more things but I'm not sure yet.

Wait, puzzle games? I've never played them but if there are wallpaper invovled then I'll try it out.

Yeah I guess I don't really mind the art too much. The recent manga done for GAII was enough to please me anyway. It already has two books out so Kanan has to be working pretty hard. At least I still know Kanan is doing the base artwork.

By the way, have you seen the new shirts they put up on the site? I really want to order one but I know it's Japan only. It's really too adorable though. Brocolli never imports the good shirts like that though and it always upsets me.

Listening to all this GA music makes me want too much though. I always wanted Brocolli to bring over the Angel-tai for a concert. Even the new group would be fun but I really doubt they ever would. Brocolli is kinda cheap sometimes, they won't even bring over most of their merchandise.

keh....lucky. i still haven't received word on my copy yet. hopefully it's soon though.

the puzzle games are the ones where you have to put the picture in it's original form in which the picture is broken up into squares and randomly mixed with one blank slot. yeah i suck at those kinds of games, but it took me 1-2 hours to get all the wallpapers that i got.....they were so worth the wait though. love the swimsuit ones!

i want to order the imported manga, but i'm out of money right now (the GAII deluxe destryoed my wallet). i saw the sample pages from the GAII website but that's about all. yeah it is a good thing kanan's still doing the art. i guess i don't mind the GAII art being anime style, as long as kanan keeps doing GA art, i'm fine with that.

oh man, don't get me started on the merchandise. i wanna get them all! i'm not too much into these kinds of things, but when it comes to GA stuff with kanan drawn characters, it becomes a MUST GET for me! yeah it's too bad that the U.S. doesn't get the good stuff (what else is new). although the #1 must get item for me is a normad plushie life sized. i don't know if you remember the episode in galaxy angel AA when ranpha and milfy want to pull the string on the king that keeps dangling in front of them, but do you remember that normad plushie that ranpha was pulling and then normad's laugh came out? that's the exact thing that i'd want. i don't know if it exists but it probably does in japan.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

Probably because it's special edition. I wonder what happened anyway but I hope your copy ships soon. Just in case I need help on something.

Yeah I finally found what you were talking about, I already shrunk down some of the wallpapers and put them on my phone. By the way, have you seen that random quiz they had though? I know it's already over but I wanted to know what it was about. Frankly, all I could do was stare at the chibi Nano-Nano for awhile. Not like that was a bad thing.

Yeah, I really want to contact Brocolli of America about the merchandise thing. There's some things you can't get, I know that but I think they're just holding out on us. But yeah I know what you're talking about but I would prefer the giant stuffed bunny that Milfy has in her room. That would be kind of funny to have and I'm sure there's something not too far off from it.

Have you ever noticed there's no good american GA fansite? I figured a good one would have surfaced by now but all I've seen are some good discography sites. Someone needs to round up and organize all us GA fans. That way we could at least help eachother find merchandise and such.

Oh yeah. I finally took the link to see the GA-Cha TV episode where they were playing GAII. It looks pretty good but the dating system seems even easier this time. Now a little heart appears above their head if you make the right choice plus the weird chime. From what I saw, I don't know how Kazuya makes a difference yet. They chose to link onto Kahlua's ship but there didn't seem to be any change. Then again I wasn't really listening to what they were talking about either.

yes! they finally shipped it today! yeah you were right, it's because it's the special edition. when i checked their website, i noticed that the regular edition was sold out aleady which is surprising. heh, i don't know if help will be needed too much if you've already played through the other games, although the battles my be a bit different. by the way, which album of the duets of the GA girls and the GAII girls (and guy) did you like? for some reason, i just love listiening to chitose's and kazuma's songs, especially the party song. it cracks me up at times and it's weird hearing someone call chitose senpai since chitose was the only one that did that before. and my favorite character file song for the GAII girls has got to be kahlua's SOS song. i can never get tired of it.

you've put them on your phone? neat. i'd like to also, but i haven't upgraded my phone to when i could do that. yeah i saw the quiz they had. i'm not really too sure what it was about either. i tried reading it (keyword: tried) but couldn't get any of it besides the names and such. hahah, yeah i know huh, that chibi nano nano is hard not to stare at.

hahah, that bunny doll. but nothing beats having a normad doll. beating him up just like ranpha and forte do in the anime would be a real good stress reliever. although sleeping with a giant stuffed bunny would be really comfortable.

i know right? there is no good american GA fansite. ever since i first got into GA up until now, i have never seen a really amazing one yet. i guess GA is still a low profile series here in the U.S. if i had remembered my html skills or whatnot, i would have probably tried to make one. oh well, here's hoping with the release of GAII someone will make one.

woah, where did you get that link from? i was planning on just waiting for the game before seeing videos of it, but since you've seen one now i've got to see it. hahah, how can they make it easier from past games when 98% of the right answers were the top answer? hopefully the linking on to another ship makes a difference. other than the game ending if the person you've linked onto dies, it would be a shame not having any other difference.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

Ooh, but now the wait is driving me crazy. It's hard to distract myself from the thought it's on its way right now. My favorite duet album is probably Milfeulle and Apricot only because the dramas were pretty cute. But both of Kazuya and Chitose's songs were hillarious. In terms of the solo albums I was a pretty big fan of Nano-Nano's. Then again, I really liked all of them. When I compared it to the original first singles they released for the Angel-tai, I actually liked all of these more. So I'm looking forward to their first group album too but that's not until July 25 or something.

Yeah my HTML skills wouldn't allow me to create anything great. If a good one did go up though, I'd be glad to help with it (anything that doesn't involve heavy HTML at least). I'm an expert in the music field and try to get most of the stuff when it comes out. Hopefully the GAII anime comes out soon so people can start subbing it. I'm sure when they get the U.S. localization it may get more fans since they'll be able to read it. I'm not sure what kind of fans but it'll get some.

As for the link http://www.hitpops.jp/ga-cha/gatv/2006-06/08a.asx (not sure if I should be posting this stuff but oh well). They don't start the real interview until about 2:30 or so and the actual footage doesn't start until 6:00. It's pretty fun how the guy mentions that he likes Kahlua out of all the new cast. That and the fact the two are amazed so much by the game. They still annoy me though.

By the way. On the puzzles you told me about, how did you get the swimsuit ones? I did the normal puzzles and even cleared with around 130s remaining. Do you have to finish at any certain time to get them?

seriously, this waiting is driving me crazy too. i'm still counting down days and that sill doesn't help anything at all. come to think of it, july 4th means no mail being delivered, right? which in turn means that it's another day to wait even longer! i'm still pretty fond of the moon angel-tai albums though. i love everyone's singing to the point where i can't even choose a favorite.

well broccoli just announced the licensing of the GAII manga for here in the U.S. how many volumes are there in GA beta? yeah, i'm waiting for the GAII anime as well. come to think of it, everything that i'm waiting for currently are all GA related things. hopefully there will be people that'll fansub it. there was only one group that i remembered that actually stuck with the fansubbing up until the end of the 4th season. they were pretty good too.

on the puzzle games, you should try and finish w/ 200s left. in other words, you got 90 seconds or so to complete it. yeah that was a real pain for me. what i did was i would keep pressing retry until i saw that most of the picture was already in the right place. at least one row should be all correct before you start playing. but that's not the end of it...after successfully beating it in that time frame, you gotta do another puzzle...with even less time! but you don't need to beat it quickly; you can use all the time you want. i thought the puzzles for the special walls were a lot easier than the normal ones. even if you don't clear it the first time, you can retry as many times as you want until you beat it.

wooooah! now i really can't wait for the game after seeing the in-game footage. what's most suprising is that kazuya actually talks in the dating sim part of the game. i think that's cool since it's easier to understand compared to takuto in past games. i thought the guy said that he liked anise out of the characters, and that's why he chose to go to where anise was when they got to the free roam part. hahah, yeah those girls were pretty annoying. they talked him down when he said that he liked anise, or that's what i thought.

oh yeah a little side note, the quiz finished and they posted the answers on the site. i think you might like something there though. when you go to the main site and see the link to the answer page, it'll bring you to an update that the quiz finished with 2 chibi nano nano pictures. i saved one of the images right away right after i saw it because it's too cute for words to describe.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

Yeah, that the one thing I like about Brocolli though. Even though they pick up these completly unknown voice actors, they always tend to turn them into something big. Not only that but they seem to find the perfect one to fit to the characters. To be completely honest though, I didn't like Yuna Inamura (Apricot's voice actor) at first. Especially since I had only preordered Milfeulle and Apricot's duet album, I wasn't really happy with how she sounded. Mostly because she sounded older then Milfeulle in most of the dramas. Even though I liked her singing voice, I don't think she really grew onto me until the singles were released and I heard her there.

It's good to hear that the GAII manga will be coming because reading in Japanese takes too long for me. Beta is finished by the third volume (I think) but I'm not too sure about it. I never collected the Japanese version of Beta. That and I'm waiting for them to finish Galaxy Angel Party.

Yeah, I figured out the puzzle thing right after I posted it. I think after the experience, I got really good at slide puzzles though.

I was on YouTube yesterday and they already had footage of the final boss. I really had to stop myself from watching it because I knew I didn't want to see anymore then I already had. On the Ga-Cha TV thing though, I was curious as to why Nano-Nano had an apple over her head. OR at least it looked like an apple.

Yeah I was already looking at the answers but I wonder if the top scorers got anything. I knew it was a Japanese thing only though so even if they did give anything about, I wouldn't be qualified to get it. Kinda stinks.

gah...i thought it was coming today but it didn't. hopefully tomorrow it will come. yeah i know how you felt about rico's voice (tee hee, i think her nickname's cute). i watched one of the anime that she was in which was happy 7 the tv manga...or something like that. i was disappointed because inamura yuuna sounded so....newbie-ish is the word i guess. yeah i thought it sucked pretty bad. but then after the dramas and singing and everything for galaxy angel, it worked out fine. i think it will suit rico's character well. yeah you're also right that somehow broccoli picks unkown seiyuus and turn out big afterwards. i've seen tamura yukari pretty much everywhere after GA.

hahah, i know what you mean. it takes me 20-30 minutes to read one chapter of a series even with furigana over the kanji.

an apple over nano-nano's head? huh, i never noticed that. well that's another reason to watch it again for me.

did you see the new merchandise they had on the main site? it's towels, but they're hot towels. i mean you have to see them to get what i'm saying. there's 5 towels with each one having beautiful kanan drawings of each characters....in bikini's! man i didn't know anise would look that hot with her hair untied. and i almost got a nose bleed from kahlua/tequila. everyone looks hot though.

Likkun

Likkun

Official GA Music Otaku

Uggh...this is driving me crazy. I need to play this game and I'm starting to have second thoughts about what character to go with first. After seeing her in so many swimsuits, Rico is starting to appeal to me more (call me perverted).

Yeah, at least I can make it through though and it defintely makes the manga last. Especially since I have to reread it and spend another day trying to get through it.

As for those towels...wow. I really want all this artwork on the merchandise more then the merchandise itself. It would feel a little strange using a towel like that. Especially if you think what's on it then it would probably feel a little awkward. But yeah, Anise looks good with her hair like that and yeah. I think they're making the Rune Angel-tai appeal in a different way. I mean, they never went that far when it came to the original angels.

page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next » 1,008 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.