Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whence does come the name of your country? - Minitokyo

Whence does come the name of your country?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by Michiyuki

Quote by EmpixusXast
My own country , Canada, comes from a native(Amerindians) name meaning " small village, thorp"

first off, sorry for picking on you in advance. secondly, amerindians is considered quite politically incorrect, they prefer the term native americans. third, yes, it comes from the huron-iroquoian word "kanata" meaning small village or settlement, though i've never heard of it having the meaning of thorp.

So its not from the Spanish "Aca" here, "Nada" nothing? XD XD

Sorry - old joke I know :sweat:

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

jaam0927

Live with honor, die with glory.

my country.. ECUDOR...
in fact its really simple... its suppose to be the center of te world... and its on the global line: equator... so equator ------evolved to------> Ecuador... and thats it.. I think so....

Bulgaria
there was a nation on the the northern back sea coast that was called Bulgar.
well that country got invaded in 680 AD and the people fled south and north. The north settled on the river volga and was sacked by the mongols.
the souther one fled to the lands that were occupied by slavs ruled by byzantine. they made a deal with the slav to rule the in exchange for lower taxes that that bizanitine's were charging.

the flag is 3 stripes going verticly.
1. white(at the top) symbolises the sky...when its not overcast :P
2. green= the rolling pastures taht give food
3. red =the blood shed by ancestors/forefathers for the freedom that we enjoy

note. flag has no relation to italian one(same colors though) :D
peace

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Well the Mexican flag looks pretty much like the italian, just with the coat of arms in the center. :P

EmpixusXast

The SyperSymmetric Soul

^_^

Isnt the name behind the America's from Amerigo Vespucci?

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by fighterace2688Isnt the name behind the America's from Amerigo Vespucci?

Yep! Just check earlier in th thread.

The powers that have been decided that it would be easier to Latinize Amerigo than Vespucci. Think about it....it could have been the United States of Uespuqia XD (my attempt to Latinize an Italian name.... OX )

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

EmpixusXast

The SyperSymmetric Soul

~_~

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.