Just saw X-Men 3...anybody see an X4 coming?

Do you think there will b an X-4

Yes
18 votes
No
15 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Cancel

I was amazed by what an awesome piece of work X3 Last Stand was, it blew me away and the battle sequences were out of this world.

BUt I pose this question...to those who have seen the movie, anyone see a possibility for an X-4? I won't go into specifics to guard against spoilers, but I'm a bit on the fence about this one myself and if anyone says yes, do you have any ideas? (I personally think it would be cool to see Mr Sinister....bet they could make him work a bit)

• Jun 03, 2006

wolfino

wolfino

White ^. .^ Fang

Cancel

everything possible!

Signature Image

• Jun 03, 2006

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Cancel

Saw the movie last week and was really impressed. I'm not such a comic book fan, so I'm not that deep into the "background" for these movies based on comic characters.

I'd say the name of the movie: Last Stand, kinda have a *final* feel to the X-Men series. Also the general theme, the whole point around which the battles resolve (no spoilers, no spoilers) also makes it feel as if they want to close it of. Let me just name 3 guys, please - Cyclops, Xavier, and Mystique - oh and maybe Magneto. Those that have seen the movie will now what I'm talking about whithout me giving further details.

Anyway, you have this *final* feel, up untill the last second of the movie, when the chess piece moved a bit.....

That may leave the series open for another sequel. But if it does, they'll have to do some serious "please explain" for the third movie.

So I'd say, theoreticaly yes, but only if....

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Cancel

i don't think there' a part 4 coming... almost everyone in Xmen are dead, so what would the movie 4 be about then? Them coming alive, then the story starts over again? I don't think so. They've already fought for/showed their rights for being mutants.... or something like that. There's no need for a part four, I guess.

merged: 06-04-2006 ~ 12:04am
i don't think there' a part 4 coming... almost everyone in Xmen are dead, so what would the movie 4 be about then? Them coming alive, then the story starts over again? I don't think so. They've already fought for/showed their rights for being mutants.... or something like that. There's no need for a part four, I guess.

• Jun 03, 2006
Cancel

I hope there's not. As good as the movies were, i honestly didn't like them. Maybe it's cause i know a bit about the X-Men and saw some of the changes they made to the characters that made me dislike the movies. I guess i just hope there isn't another one cause they kinda ruined some of the characters.

• Jun 04, 2006
Cancel

There could be a possibility that a 4th movie will come. But if you hear what the trailers were saying...you'll notice that they mentioned something like the "end of the trilogy". If the makers do decide to make another, there are still a lot of story and mutants available anyway.

• Jun 04, 2006
Cancel

I think there might be X4, especially since Magneto showed signs of recovering his powers at the ending..

• Jun 04, 2006
Cancel

prequel of woverine movie......is the next xmen movie......

• Jun 04, 2006
Cancel

im not so sure about X4 but X men 3 was awesome! but its really sad how xavier died just like that and scott (cyclopes) died right at the beginning...i mean...omg...people must not like him that they have to get rid of him at the start of the film..lol..anyways...about X4...i dont think its coming out because it did say X men 3 : the last stand...and so many people died in that film....i didnt expect that many people to die...oh well...but hopefully they'd be thinking about it cos i love that film sooo much... :D

• Jun 04, 2006

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

Cancel

x3 is called 'last stand' so probably not >___________>

Signature

PAche

PAche

hoarder

Cancel

yea.magneto didnt move the chess piece for nothing

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

steffic

steffic

i l!ve a beaUtiFuL Life

Cancel

nope i think, coz everything has been told in the X3.. magneto lost his power though 'something' happened in the last scene.. cyclopes died.. i think they really shortened out the storyline, i mean, they just die like that, practically cyclopes was given few minutes scene.. even i thought that he was going to make a comeback in the end, but no.. well.. i think xmen3 is awesome- particularly wolverine 'o,')- but i think little chance that they would make x4.. just no more story to work out.. the mutant issues have been solved.. even roque lost her power.. it's the last stand, n most probably the last one.. sigh i'd want to see more of wolverine though ^^

~to the one i love, prepare to die~ Oboro.
EXTERNAL IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR. PLEASE USE Signature Image instead.
~thx to soujiokita for tis beautiful sig^^

• Jun 04, 2006

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Cancel

yea there is goin to be a forth, and here's a spoilers, the professor is alive for those who watch the extra scene after the credits were over.

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

ko1

Cancel

If there's any money to be made, so will a sequel. This IS Hollywood after all.

My guess for X4 would be one of those quick recap then "and so, a few years later," openings. Maybe Storm and Wolverine are running the school together now with a new group of mutants. Maybe Magneto being hit with so much of the "cure" cancelled some of it's effects out or made it a temporary thing. Maybe someone (Magneto?) is researching a cure for the "cure." Maybe some element of the government or an outside organization is still plotting to rid the world of mutants. Maybe they'll have new outfits and a new Blackbird (or equivalent) to satisfy the toy manufacturers.

It's all a possibility. All I know is that somewhere, someone's about to tenderize a dead horse.

"I want it all and all at once" - Marquis de Sade

• Jun 05, 2006

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Cancel

I doubt there will be a 4th movie, but hey, anything is possible.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

Cancel

I don't think there is goin to be a 4th movie. We already lost all the important characters. I know there is goin to be a Wolverine movie so i guess that is close to a 4th movie.

What is it?

• Jun 05, 2006
Cancel

of course there will be X-Men 4,
Magneto's power coming back and the extra scene at the end with Charles (along with his mentioning of the ethics of someone jumping bodies) basically guarantee it.

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Jun 05, 2006
Cancel

actually, instead of an x-men movie, I think the plan is to make movies on specific charaters (like arch angel). that way they won't need the whole cast (or half the characters they killed). but hey, i wouldn't complain about another movie.

• Jun 05, 2006
Cancel

Spoilers Alert...

Phoenix will always rise from the dead. That's why she's called Phoenix. As for Cyclops, there was only flashbacks of what Jean thought she had done to him and everyone pretty much assumed the worse. They never actually showed what happened to Scott, so who knows? Maybe she buried him in the lake, waiting for someone like oh I don't know... Apacalypse to revive him? Apacalypse always did have a facsination for Scott Summers in the comics.

And as for the Professor, as someone had already mentioned, if you stayed after the credits of the movie, there's a small scene that showed Xavier survived... somehow. Magneto showed his powers coming back, and he was pumped with not one, or two, but FOUR of those darts. Rogue and Mystique will definitely get their powers back.

So really, it could be viewed that possibly none of them died or lost their powers permanently.

End of spoilers.

• Jun 05, 2006

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

Cancel

I unfortunately neglected to stay after the credits and see this "spoiler scene" that everyone seems to mention. I personally loved watching the X-Men show when I was little. So, when it came to the movies being produced, it was great. Not many films really do justice to the Marvel comic heros. . . .at least not in the eyes of the REALLY avid fans. :D Anywho, I think they did good with the storyline on this. Each movie has been a building improvement. I think they got the Phoenix down REALLY well. Jean was super scary with that hideously pale and almost alien face.

She didn't really act on anger as much, but they got that part down really well. I think there are some points they could have improved on though. I dunno. The special effects were incredible and transitioned very smoothly in the movie. Yet, in the end I was especially awed or anything. It was indeed a good movie, but it felt like something was lacking. In comparison, I never feel this after watching the Spider-Man movies. ^_^

As for an X-4. . . hmm. . . if they don't do a SPECIFIC movie for the series, I do think they'll continue with a side story like some people mentioned with Wolverine or with some other character. The comics always seemed prone to do that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ^_~

You need only believe. . .

• Jun 05, 2006
Cancel

If any one has seen after the credits in Xmen 3, then they will realise that they will be most definately an Xmen 4 movie. Ps juggernaut wanted feeding and although the graphics in the fight scenes were good, the battles were to short and enemies were beaten too easily. AND MAGENTO IS A WARLORD!

• Jun 05, 2006
Cancel

Well NO there won't be any X-Men 4 like the film is named. And the contracts with the actors are over. But there will maybe be a film totaly dedicated to Wolverine that is what Huge Jackman said recently so voila. But damn...it would really be great if they'll do a forth one ^^

• Jun 05, 2006

yamichi

yamichi

Winry Cosplayer

Cancel

There will be something I'm pretty sure of it, but since they neglect some of the characters and as some are dead it had better be something special. I was actually a bit dissapointed with X3.

You will not be able to sleep, so why don't you just stay awake

Cancel

I HOPE there is an X4! I love X-men! A lot of people probably just think it's a marketing thing, and maybe it is. But anyway, this is "The Last Stand," so I doubt it =\

• Jun 05, 2006

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.