Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Afro Samurai the anime! With THE Samuel L. Jackson - Minitokyo

Afro Samurai the anime! With THE Samuel L. Jackson

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

That's right people! THE Samuel L. Jackson (of Pulp Fiction fame etc.) will be playing the voice of Afro in GONZO's anime adaptation of the manga Afro Samurai!

I've never read the manga but the manga art I've seen on the internet looks sweet. See below:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/encyc/A5275-5.thumbnail.90.jpg

As far as I can tell, this will be a pretty action-packed gory samurai anime. The main character Afro is seeking revenge for the death of his father who was killed in a duel against the world's top fighter JUSTICE. The character designs look awesome and the world of "Afro Samurai" looks pretty surreal; for example a character called Kuma who always wears a giant teddy bear helmet!

In addition, hip-hop artist the RZA will score the soundtrack.

Afro Samurai is set to premiere on Spike TV fall 2006 and out on Funimation DVD spring 2007. As far as I can tell from the information on AnimeNewsNetwork, this will be a 5 episode OVA.

Edit: opps I forgot to include a link to the official website ^_^'

http://www.afrosamurai.com/

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Ya know, I'm betting a lot of the "anime purists" out there are going to flip their lids over this, but I find it so funny it's interesting. All I can honestly think of now when I think of Sam Jackson, is Dave Chappelle's impression of him. And anyway, I think it's kinda refreshing that American's can work together on intellectual properties with the Japanese. I'll watch it, I'm betting it'll be pretty damned entertaining and then we'll talk about it later.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Wow! That's so cool! Good old Samuel L. Jackson. He's in like EVERYTHING! haha!

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i find that interesting.......

Signature

THis looks so cool, I dont think the manga is completed yet, but from what i can say it looks titten. T?he art is incredible (tho some of the females i know says he looks hideous..tsk). I just love seeing black people who are in a drawn form, cuz u dont see it very often. It reminds me of samurai champloo mixed with samurai jack with a black dude which is titten. Anyway i really look foward to the anime, but even the manga would satisfy me at this point.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by sin-shenlongTHis looks so cool, I dont think the manga is completed yet, but from what i can say it looks titten. T?he art is incredible (tho some of the females i know says he looks hideous..tsk). I just love seeing black people who are in a drawn form, cuz u dont see it very often. It reminds me of samurai champloo mixed with samurai jack with a black dude which is titten. Anyway i really look foward to the anime, but even the manga would satisfy me at this point.

"titten"? is that the new phrase that young people are using these days XD I'm only 21 years old and already I feel old coz I can't keep up with you kids and your constantly changing slang! Whatever happened to "sweet"?!?

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

lol okay kidder, lemme explain. In the caribbean when something is cool, we call it being tight. So when something is unbelievably cool , or has passed the level of tight we call it being titten.

Therefore tight = cool
titten = way past cool, or way past tight

animeronin

animeronin

Wandering Enthusiast

Hmm...

Anime & Samuel L. Jackson? An odd combination. The last one as far as I can recall was Hans Zimmer (of Gladiator, starring Russell Crowe, fame) & Blood+

Looks interesting to watch. Will wait for the DVD release (if it will)

It's not easy growing old, much less growing up...

I think that its going to be a pretty good anime. Sam is a good actor so im sure that he wil be able to pull it off as a good voiceover

Humm, looks like a Samurai Champloo stile. Great anime, I will see it.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.