Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any winbook users? - Minitokyo

Any winbook users?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

I'm considering buying a winbook w series notebook and was wondering if anyone owns or has heard of the computers...they seem to be a small company with pretty good value
I'm not a gamer so I'm not looking for top-of-the-line
Curious to see if anyone has anything to say

When you are planning to get a notebook, take a look into one
of the larger companies, not some of those small company where no
one has heard about.

Although I've heard about them like some eons ago, they don't really have
a strong permanent place in my memories.

I've went to their website and their notebooks are not a pretty good value
as those larger companies, it's mostly the same.

BTW: How much are you planning to spend around?

Signature

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Well it all depends on what your looking to do with your notebook, if your going into say media/graphics maybe check out one of the Macbooks/Macbook Pros. If you want something ultra portable maybe IBM's Thinkpad are the way to go, I have a Thinkpad from 2 years ago and it's served me well.

Also Pricing becomes an issue since it'll narrow down which notebooks you'll be choosing from. Anyhow from looking at the Winbooks they seem ok.

So just think about what you'll be doing with the notebook and the size that you want of one, because they're all kinds that could affect your purchase. With me it's all about Portablity and Performance. It has to have a nice blend of Design and Function. I tend to go for Notebooks that are super lite, super thin, super small, because I believe that's what a notebook should be not some 17" beast, I mean they're fine but I want to be able to carry these things without a wrist strain.

MichaelW

MichaelW

Kazuma Ryou

Cyd,

Perhaps you should start by defining exactly what you want from your laptop, rather than just saying "not gaming"... Looking at the available Winbooks... I would firstly say: Running any graphics editors more demanding than Paint on an XP machine with 256mb RAM is suicidal. Wireless is good. Standard network adaptors are unlikely to be used. 40gb HardDrive is adequate, but I notice they don't tell you what make it is...

Oh and I am laughing my ass off at the required protection plan that you have to pay for: "Sorry, not available to residents of Florida."

I guess you just can't trust those Florida people... - But I'll bet they don't get a refund on it.

Remember kids: It's healthy to be suspicious of small companies offering apparently better value.

Well, these specs are what I'm looking for:
Pentium M around 1.7ghz
1G memory
at least 60gb hd
b/g wireless
around 14-15" screen

I want quality plus value but also goodlooking lightweight design is also important
In terms of design, I've also looked at Dell, Compaq, and Sony
I plan to get an extended warranty and that's usually where the cost bites

What is the maximum price range you want to spend.
including the extended warranty.

Signature

I'm looking between the 1,000-1,500 dollar (US) price range...prefer to be leaning towards the low end of that range if possible
After some more thought...I may be reconsidering Dell since they have decent dual core models

merged: 06-06-2006 ~ 02:10am
Oh...also...any thoughts on Windows XP media center 2005?

MichaelW

MichaelW

Kazuma Ryou

If you're looking for style you should definitely consider Alienware www.alienware.com The one I looked at was the Area-51 m5500 at $1,564.00

This included all of your requirements, but as you can see, it goes $64 over your maximum.

You might also consider the cheaper Sentia series.

-Think carefully before reconfiguring! It's surprising how costly those addons get!

However if you want to lean more towards purpose, you might also consider Lenovo's Thinkpad series (They bought IBM's Laptop and PC manufacturing) www.lenovo.com/us/en/

Quote by MichaelWIf you're looking for style you should definitely consider Alienware www.alienware.com The one I looked at was the Area-51 m5500 at $1,564.00

Alienware is full of crap!
Whatever you do never get alienware, their
prices are so ridiculious high and service
is so poor, you can get a better notebook
by looking at somewhere else.

BTW: And since
Dell bought Alienware I don't think they will
improve at all.

Signature

MichaelW

MichaelW

Kazuma Ryou

Quote by tiki223Alienware is full of crap!
Whatever you do never get alienware, their
prices are so ridiculious high and service
is so poor, you can get a better notebook
by looking at somewhere else.

BTW: And since
Dell bought Alienware I don't think they will
improve at all.

Alienware consistently offer better customisation and higher specifications for their laptop hardware, infact, I think I've only seen a handful of sites offering higher spec laptop components, and certainly not at cheaper prices. Also, Dell, in my personal experience are very reliable. I think they'll only do better together.

-Though I certainly acknowledge Alienware's prices are very high, and I've never had need of support from them, so I'll refrain from comment there.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.