Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Aliens Are Coming! Run! - Minitokyo

Aliens Are Coming! Run!

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Not exactly aliens, but microbes.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/06/02/red.rain/index.html

In April, Louis, a solid-state physicist at Mahatma Gandhi University, published a paper in the prestigious peer-reviewed journal Astrophysics and Space Science in which he hypothesizes that the samples -- water taken from the mysterious blood-colored showers that fell sporadically across Louis's home state of Kerala in the summer of 2001 -- contain microbes from outer space.

Specifically, Louis has isolated strange, thick-walled, red-tinted cell-like structures about 10 microns in size. Stranger still, dozens of his experiments suggest that the partiacles may lack DNA yet still reproduce plentifully, even in water superheated to nearly 600 degrees Fahrenheit . (The known upper limit for life in water is about 250 degrees Fahrenheit .)

So how to explain them? Louis speculates that the particles could be extraterrestrial bacteria adapted to the harsh conditions of space and that the microbes hitched a ride on a comet or meteorite that later broke apart in the upper atmosphere and mixed with rain clouds above India.

I be surprised... I would not have anticipated this. Shows again how science is superior. I bet people thought the blood rain was a vestige from God.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

yeah i saw this in my popsci mag. crazy stuff. if its not aliens then what could it be. even if it was some new species, how the hell did it get into the upper troposphere with out some thing like an updraft or something in the like?

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

that was scray....
they are AMONG US!

kiokorenay703

kiokorenay703

Dasha Denger

oh my god we are all going to DIE!
no probobly not! well i dont now, but i can tell ya from all those movies everybody is making nothing right now seems imposible!
So i will not be surprised if we all die form some sort of atac. Oh well we are still alive and letts enjoy are stay here !LOL
Cay, good post!
~Kioko~

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

acording to darwin, only the weak die and the strongs remain.
I'M NOT SCARED! AHAHAHAH! lol.
joking...

problaby there are milions of outer space microbes already on Earth. there is nothing to be scared of... Everything that lives is doomed to die.
after all dying the only thing certain in life...(unless you're immortal)

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

What do you mean "are coming"? We're already here! Oooops ummm forget that. Not supposed to let y'all in on that secret for a couple of decades. :)

Actually I would not be suprised to find them to be extraterrestrial or terrestrial. After all there is still quite alot we don't know about this planet as well.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

OMG! That sounds horrible...
btw... I hate things about aliens..
I'm scare of them... o.O

merged: 06-08-2006 ~ 12:48am
OMG! That sounds horrible...
btw... I hate things about aliens..
I'm scare of them... o.O

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

PAche

PAche

hoarder

why run?

i think we ought to figure out how to make the best of the situation at hand and if possible, change it to our favour.isnt that what humans are experts at?

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

hmmm...I wonder what will the red bits inside the sample will do? I think these things won't do anything to us atm and indeed. no point in running to avoid it. Things can be always under control by us so nothing to fear of....Even if we encounter some aliens, bring it on!....

ah you! stop your hobbie watching x file n movie about alien

Not that surprising, simple organisms like bacteria are among the hardest lifeforms.
In fact, I believe it was the Apollo 11 or 12 mission that brought back a piece of the Surveyor probe with what was later identified as terrestrial bacteria that had survived the hard vacuum and radiation of space.

Signature
	Image[/img]

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.