Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do " Serious " VAMPIRE stories work? - Minitokyo

Do " Serious " VAMPIRE stories work?

Do " Serious " Vampire stories work?

Yes!
4 votes
... Mostly No
1 votes
No!
0 votes
Cant decide ...
1 votes
... Mostly Yes
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

The question is > Do " Serious " Vampire stories work?. I used to be really anti-serious-vampire stories ( non comedy ), cos I found them boring, tedious and ridiculous. I avoided all anime with this genre: Vampire ( with out comedy/ parody). But now after seeing Blood+ I have changed my mind about this genre :).
However I still believe that it is hard to make " good " Vampire-anime.

What is Your opinion on this?
:pacman: :pacman: :pacman:

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

No doubt that it would be hard, but by no means impossible to create a good Vampire anime. Which reminds me... I need to whatch Blood+

Their are plenty of good serious vampire animes out thier, Vampire Hunder D is one, but a good vampire comody/parody is still a good way to go.

some good serious vampire animes:
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Blood: The Last Vampire
Blood+
Hellsing
Trinity Blood
... I know thier is more, i just cant remember them.

Game programmer and Anime freak

draculina

draculina

Bladedancer of Dark and Light..

Hellsing is the best anime I've ever watched, it's my all-time fave. And yeah Trinity Blood is also a good one, despite of the fact they screwed up the ending in my opinion...read the manga that's somewhat better (but the animation and the costume desgin is fabulous)..

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

I remember watching the OVA of Vampire Princess Miyu. Pretty dark story itself.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Blood+ is the only vampire related anime that I have enjoyed. Trinity Blood would have been there too had it not been for the last episode and the lack of any kind of ending. -_-

Signature Image

N2Heiki

N2Heiki

Devil Bats' Quarterback

I like Hellseing (especially the Ova), Shingetsutan Tsukihime (although it's not totally about vampire), Blood: the last vampire

Signature
HiruMamo!!! Yaaaa- Haaaa-

Usually I'm the opposite. No...not usually, I'm totally the opposite. Vampire are such fascinating creatures that watching them solely as a comedy is insulting.

By this I don't want to imply I'm an angst-lover b/c it couldn't be more far from reality. I just thing seing their eternal existence only as comedy is sad. Surely there can be funny vampire stories who are not idiots and who actually have a plot.

My choices? Hellsing (the manga, the anime was shameful) and the Vampire Chronicles of Anne Rice (it's not manga or anime, but still is my fav series of books). Vampire Hunter D is so so, altough I did liked the second movie, and the first one I remember watching it when I was 8 yrs old on cartoon network and I was like, wow...tits, and blood...

But in any case, I have heard trinity blood is quite good but I only have access to the anime and after watching the first 8 episodes I found no reason to continue. First the main character is the classical guy who acts studip but has a dark and tragic past and goes "I'm really badass" at battles and well...that cliche is kinda' tiring...

Also I ABSOLUTELY HATED the red head girl...she's the type of girl that can make me hate a series to dangerous points...

After that I learned a bit more about what was come and when I tried to download what was left it was already lisenced so no torrents...bad luck...

Anyway...those were my thoughts and choices...

i haven't seen yet any (anime or non-anime) sirious story as cool as blood +

there are a lot of funny ones though like >> Karin

well... it depends if the story is really good, but I prefer comedy mix in vampires anime... it makes it more interesting... ^^

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Tsukihime is easily the best vampire anime I've seen..and it took me places I had never been before, and I'll never look back! It turned me into a TYPE-MOON fan, and introduced me to the world of visual novels.

So yeah, there one that I definitely think worked.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

ellymate

loveless angel

since i was little i loved the stories about vampire and now more then ever plus this anime Vampire Hunter D,Blood+,Trinity Blood that are real great and more i found this manga that i love Vampire Knight,but it's ongoing...anyway this are great stories!

Be wacky , be crazy , be silly , be random cuz life is too short to BE COOL!

I didn't like Trinity Blood or Hellsing, but Tsukihime I really loved.

Signature

Never watched vampire anime before, but always wanted to try Vampire Hunter D for awhile. I think I saw it on VHS in my house somewhere...

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.