0 votes
Cant decide ...
1 votes
... Mostly Yes
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Cancel

The question is > Do " Serious " Vampire stories work?. I used to be really anti-serious-vampire stories ( non comedy ), cos I found them boring, tedious and ridiculous. I avoided all anime with this genre: Vampire ( with out comedy/ parody). But now after seeing Blood+ I have changed my mind about this genre :).
However I still believe that it is hard to make " good " Vampire-anime.

What is Your opinion on this?
:pacman: :pacman: :pacman:

• Jun 06, 2006

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Cancel

No doubt that it would be hard, but by no means impossible to create a good Vampire anime. Which reminds me... I need to whatch Blood+

Cancel

Their are plenty of good serious vampire animes out thier, Vampire Hunder D is one, but a good vampire comody/parody is still a good way to go.

some good serious vampire animes:
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Blood: The Last Vampire
Blood+
Hellsing
Trinity Blood
... I know thier is more, i just cant remember them.

Game programmer and Anime freak

• Jun 06, 2006

draculina

draculina

Bladedancer of Dark and Light..

Cancel

Hellsing is the best anime I've ever watched, it's my all-time fave. And yeah Trinity Blood is also a good one, despite of the fact they screwed up the ending in my opinion...read the manga that's somewhat better (but the animation and the costume desgin is fabulous)..

• Jun 06, 2006

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Cancel

I remember watching the OVA of Vampire Princess Miyu. Pretty dark story itself.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

• Jun 07, 2006

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

Blood+ is the only vampire related anime that I have enjoyed. Trinity Blood would have been there too had it not been for the last episode and the lack of any kind of ending. -_-

Signature Image

N2Heiki

N2Heiki

Devil Bats' Quarterback

Cancel

I like Hellseing (especially the Ova), Shingetsutan Tsukihime (although it's not totally about vampire), Blood: the last vampire

Signature
HiruMamo!!! Yaaaa- Haaaa-

Cancel

Usually I'm the opposite. No...not usually, I'm totally the opposite. Vampire are such fascinating creatures that watching them solely as a comedy is insulting.

By this I don't want to imply I'm an angst-lover b/c it couldn't be more far from reality. I just thing seing their eternal existence only as comedy is sad. Surely there can be funny vampire stories who are not idiots and who actually have a plot.

My choices? Hellsing (the manga, the anime was shameful) and the Vampire Chronicles of Anne Rice (it's not manga or anime, but still is my fav series of books). Vampire Hunter D is so so, altough I did liked the second movie, and the first one I remember watching it when I was 8 yrs old on cartoon network and I was like, wow...tits, and blood...

But in any case, I have heard trinity blood is quite good but I only have access to the anime and after watching the first 8 episodes I found no reason to continue. First the main character is the classical guy who acts studip but has a dark and tragic past and goes "I'm really badass" at battles and well...that cliche is kinda' tiring...

Also I ABSOLUTELY HATED the red head girl...she's the type of girl that can make me hate a series to dangerous points...

After that I learned a bit more about what was come and when I tried to download what was left it was already lisenced so no torrents...bad luck...

Anyway...those were my thoughts and choices...

• Jun 11, 2006
Cancel

i haven't seen yet any (anime or non-anime) sirious story as cool as blood +

there are a lot of funny ones though like >> Karin

• Oct 05, 2006
Cancel

well... it depends if the story is really good, but I prefer comedy mix in vampires anime... it makes it more interesting... ^^

• Oct 05, 2006

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Cancel

Tsukihime is easily the best vampire anime I've seen..and it took me places I had never been before, and I'll never look back! It turned me into a TYPE-MOON fan, and introduced me to the world of visual novels.

So yeah, there one that I definitely think worked.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

• Oct 05, 2006

ellymate

loveless angel

Cancel

since i was little i loved the stories about vampire and now more then ever plus this anime Vampire Hunter D,Blood+,Trinity Blood that are real great and more i found this manga that i love Vampire Knight,but it's ongoing...anyway this are great stories!

Be wacky , be crazy , be silly , be random cuz life is too short to BE COOL!

• Aug 22, 2007
Cancel

I didn't like Trinity Blood or Hellsing, but Tsukihime I really loved.

Signature

Cancel

Never watched vampire anime before, but always wanted to try Vampire Hunter D for awhile. I think I saw it on VHS in my house somewhere...

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.